• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
sj.png

Player Shaun Johnson

Date of Birth
Sep 9, 1990
Birth Location
Auckland, New Zealand
Nationality
  1. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Height (cm)
179 cm
Weight (kg)
92 kg
Position/s
  1. Five-Eighth
  2. Halfback
Nickname
Princess
Forum Nickname/s
SJ
Warrior #
NRL Debut Date
Jun 4, 2011
NRL Debut Details
NRL 2011, Round 13, Sydney City Roosters
Warriors Debut Date
Jun 4, 2011
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2011, Round 13, Sydney City Roosters
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2009
  2. 2010
  3. 2011
  4. 2012
  5. 2013
  6. 2014
  7. 2015
  8. 2016
  9. 2017
  10. 2018
  11. 2022
  12. 2023
  13. 2024
College/s
Orewa College
Signed To
Cronulla Sharks (2019-21)
Signed From
Hibiscus Coast Raiders
Junior Club/s
Hibiscus Coast Raiders
Previous Club/s
Cronulla Sharks (2019-21)
Current Club
NZ Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. World/NRL All Stars
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Player of the Year
  2. Golden Boot
  3. Dally M (Positional Award)
  4. RLPA Players Champion
Status
Retired
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Johnson
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/shaun-johnson/summary.html
NZWarriors.com
Man it's sad he retires without a premiership. He's talent deserved one.
He is the first club icon I've witnessed from their juniors where I have been convinced they're the "One"

You can see from the social media videos he's not come to terms with it

I guess it's back to waiting to patiently for the next "One"

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
We were robbed in the first half of the 2011 GF. George Rose should have been sin binned for the forearm in the face to a prone Aaron Heremia.
And such an obvious forward pass to get them downfield on the right just before half time when I think DCE scored.
Then we lost Ivan Cleary and thereafter SJ had a turnstile of coaches and halves partners and then some shit injuries.
He turned his defence around and IMO was our game controller for years and underrated at it.

Sad news, enjoyed watching him over the years and selfishly hoped he had one more year in him but it’s probably time- just a shame it’s in the current circumstances. Might have to make the trip out to Shark park now
If I can find someone to go with me I would fly to Australia for this. Surely the Aussie crowd will give him a great send off.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
As others have said, sad day for many of us Warriors tragics. My three young kids all became avid Warriors supporters and season ticket holders, starting with Shaun in the u20's.
All three are now fully grown and living their own lives away from NZ. Every one, and their overseas partners still avid Warriors supporters, all on-line NRL followers, jersey buyers. Who'd believe a male Irish doctor and a female Polish lawyer would become tragic's too, and NRL online subscribers.
Magic memories, traveling together to Hamilton, ChCh, Wellington, 2011 GF, Sydney of course, even Whangerei and Rotorua for pre-season games.

The end of a special era, special family fotos with them and you. I can't thank you enough Shaun. Go well in retirement. Stay close to the game.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement