• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
sj.png

Player Shaun Johnson

Date of Birth
Sep 9, 1990
Birth Location
Auckland, New Zealand
Nationality
  1. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Height (cm)
179 cm
Weight (kg)
92 kg
Position/s
  1. Five-Eighth
  2. Halfback
Nickname
Princess
Forum Nickname/s
SJ
Warrior #
NRL Debut Date
Jun 4, 2011
NRL Debut Details
NRL 2011, Round 13, Sydney City Roosters
Warriors Debut Date
Jun 4, 2011
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2011, Round 13, Sydney City Roosters
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2009
  2. 2010
  3. 2011
  4. 2012
  5. 2013
  6. 2014
  7. 2015
  8. 2016
  9. 2017
  10. 2018
  11. 2022
  12. 2023
  13. 2024
College/s
Orewa College
Signed To
Cronulla Sharks (2019-21)
Signed From
Hibiscus Coast Raiders
Junior Club/s
Hibiscus Coast Raiders
Previous Club/s
Cronulla Sharks (2019-21)
Current Club
NZ Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. World/NRL All Stars
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Player of the Year
  2. Golden Boot
  3. Dally M (Positional Award)
  4. RLPA Players Champion
Status
Retired
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Johnson
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/shaun-johnson/summary.html
NZWarriors.com
This is the saddest shit ever. Been a huge fan of his since I was a little 12 year old in 2011. Was hoping he could get healthy again and go around once more next year :(

Unless we get a gun halfback, if we did have a slightly open premiership window, that window has now fully closed.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I’ve got two member seats, regrettably can’t make it. Happily give them to you Wrighty
Thank you very much Giffy!!! I just however had a similar generous offer from another member of this forum and will be flying up from Wellington to see the Legend off. I am sure someone else would be keen for your tickets though!!!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Thank you SJ for the memories! True legend of the game who did things on the field that were truly unreal. A highlights reel for the ages - will be looked at for generations to come. 2023 is where it all clicked - what a ride that was! Dally M in all our eyes.

A career that only a % of people could dream of achieving - looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

One of the 🐐’s who had an impact on many!

Thank you SJ for the memories! True legend of the game who did things on the field that were truly unreal. A highlights reel for the ages - will be looked at for generations to come. 2023 is where it all clicked - what a ride that was! Dally M in all our eyes.

A career that only a % of people could dream of achieving - looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

One of the 🐐’s who had an impact on many!
New user name for you next year or will you keep it forever to always honour Shaun?

Great career SJ, wish him all the best but it's definitely the right decision for the club to move forward.

I for one have been a critic when it came to SJ and I still have my views on him and where he sits in the echelon of great players for the club.

But no doubt the guy absolutely loved our club and it was a Rollercoaster career.

All the best to his family going forward and so I'm so happy to be able to just enjoy these last moments with a few players leaving at seasons end.

Hope they rip in these last 5 weeks! He deserves to be celebrated.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Brilliant player is shaun provided some beautiful memories there and always loved the club hope he goes well!
It is his time as everyone's said along with potentially one or two others, as he once said "use all got what use wanted."

May as well get this question out there now:
Where to for SJ The Second? Job working with the halves next year? Obviously too inexperienced for NRL Assistant at this point (or maybe not? Anyone know of an assistant who's been promoted there in their first post-playing season? And did it work?).
I suspect he might do well in commentary - find that middle zone between "the oval thing that man is holding is called a football" treating the viewers like idiots and not explaining the reasoning for certain tactics because they're supposed to be rugby league experts. Yeah, I know, viewers who are former players/coaches know the reasoning for why a team's playing a certain way etc so it'll bore them shitless, but the vast majority of us viewers aren't and so don't.
Oh and most important: Anyone know of an SJ who's coming up at any level/at any club so we can keep the SJ Species alive??

May as well get this question out there now:
Where to for SJ The Second? Job working with the halves next year? Obviously too inexperienced for NRL Assistant at this point (or maybe not? Anyone know of an assistant who's been promoted there in their first post-playing season? And did it work?).
I suspect he might do well in commentary - find that middle zone between "the oval thing that man is holding is called a football" treating the viewers like idiots and not explaining the reasoning for certain tactics because they're supposed to be rugby league experts. Yeah, I know, viewers who are former players/coaches know the reasoning for why a team's playing a certain way etc so it'll bore them shitless, but the vast majority of us viewers aren't and so don't.
Oh and most important: Anyone know of an SJ who's coming up at any level/at any club so we can keep the SJ Species alive??
He would be a huge upgrade to sky TV for now?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I don’t know but I get the feeling the team didn’t really care too much about his announcement. Kinda stink for Jazz to be sent off under his shadow as well.

Will be pissed if he suddenly turns it on for these last few games.

Yea yea I’m a heartless prick. Don’t care. Just care about winning and not being mediocre anymore.

SJ owes this club as much as the club owes him. Sharks chewed him up and spat him out, apart from last season it’s been pretty average.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement