• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
sj.png

Player Shaun Johnson

Date of Birth
Sep 9, 1990
Birth Location
Auckland, New Zealand
Nationality
  1. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Height (cm)
179 cm
Weight (kg)
92 kg
Position/s
  1. Five-Eighth
  2. Halfback
Nickname
Princess
Forum Nickname/s
SJ
Warrior #
NRL Debut Date
Jun 4, 2011
NRL Debut Details
NRL 2011, Round 13, Sydney City Roosters
Warriors Debut Date
Jun 4, 2011
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2011, Round 13, Sydney City Roosters
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2009
  2. 2010
  3. 2011
  4. 2012
  5. 2013
  6. 2014
  7. 2015
  8. 2016
  9. 2017
  10. 2018
  11. 2022
  12. 2023
  13. 2024
College/s
Orewa College
Signed To
Cronulla Sharks (2019-21)
Signed From
Hibiscus Coast Raiders
Junior Club/s
Hibiscus Coast Raiders
Previous Club/s
Cronulla Sharks (2019-21)
Current Club
NZ Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. World/NRL All Stars
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Player of the Year
  2. Golden Boot
  3. Dally M (Positional Award)
  4. RLPA Players Champion
Status
Retired
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Johnson
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/shaun-johnson/summary.html
NZWarriors.com
When I listen to him speak I get so excited to see him play, but he just cannot put it together on the field this year.

I don't know whether it's physical limitations that come with age and injury, or a mental block after his Dally M defeat, but something has gone seriously wrong.

I get that he's at the tail end of his career. But how did he go from orchestrating a league beating offence to struggling to do anything but short balls within 12 months? It's crazy.

When I listen to him speak I get so excited to see him play, but he just cannot put it together on the field this year.

I don't know whether it's physical limitations that come with age and injury, or a mental block after his Dally M defeat, but something has gone seriously wrong.

I get that he's at the tail end of his career. But how did he go from orchestrating a league beating offence to struggling to do anything but short balls within 12 months? It's crazy.
Hes lost all confidence. In himself, the team and webby. Look at the kicks he missed during the game. That's psychological

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

I think its mental along with expectations. When it goes wrong, he knows nothing else and he cant adapt.

One more year, he'll get us to a GF!

Not saying we'll win a prem but he's our best chance at a shot!
A GF in what sport and what division?
Because it's not the NRL and he's too up himself to spend a season primarily in NSW...Which is why he doesn't come back from injury through NSW. Should be damn compulsory, frankly. You're out for a certain number of weeks, you spend some time in NSW getting form/fitness back.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Man some of the ladies have their claws out today. Reow.

Remember he's human at the end of the day and I get that were all bummed, but some of youse should be embarrassed with the shit you're saying.

Unfortunately father time catches up with everyone, but on top of that he's had a couple of injuries that have stuffed his year up. And the kicker is, as a team we played like shit yet it's his fault?

Gummon guys....

It's been a cluster fuck of a year and many things have gone wrong for us, and I know people are looking for that one person or that one reason to blame, sorry guys but its not all SJ

I thought he was one of our best last night tbh (not saying much I know) goal kicking sucked but general field kicking was good, defended well and finished with 3 try assists (should’ve been 4 if dwz wasn’t farking around).
Errors and poor one on one misses cost us.
IMG_5031.jpeg

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Did SJ even once attack the line last night and take a tackle? Serious question.

It was princess SJ last night. Just shuffle and distribute with aimless uncontested kicks. Pathetic conversion attempts to boot. Useless performance.

What’s strange is he made a couple of really good hits on D.

If you’re willing to give the hits you need to also take a few Princess. Harden the fuck up. Or retire.

Did SJ even once attack the line last night and take a tackle? Serious question.

It was princess SJ last night. Just shuffle and distribute with aimless uncontested kicks. Pathetic conversion attempts to boot. Useless performance.

What’s strange is he made a couple of really good hits on D.

If you’re willing to give the hits you need to also take a few Princess. Harden the fuck up. Or retire.

Fuck taking the line on he didn’t even attempt to go through the line when it was wide open.

He’s just completely lost interest in running the ball.

If you’re not fit then fuck off just retire and enjoy your millions or come back when you are fit

SJ isn’t the reason we lost last night.
True.
But if we're giving CHT shit for missing kicks he should have got, we should do the same with SJ.
On reflection my "he's too up himself to play NSW" was too harsh as no senior player seems to do that, I guess it's a "we know what you can do so why show us at NSW/QLD level" type thinking...
But he was certainly not as good as I was expecting last night. Not that he stood out in the Player Who Didn't Have A Standout Performance stakes amongst the Warriors.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
True.
But if we're giving CHT shit for missing kicks he should have got, we should do the same with SJ.
On reflection my "he's too up himself to play NSW" was too harsh as no senior player seems to do that, I guess it's a "we know what you can do so why show us at NSW/QLD level" type thinking...
But he was certainly not as good as I was expecting last night. Not that he stood out in the Player Who Didn't Have A Standout Performance stakes amongst the Warriors.
CHT wasn’t the reason we lost that game either and yes they both missed kicks they shouldn’t of

Fuck taking the line on he didn’t even attempt to go through the line when it was wide open.

He’s just completely lost interest in running the ball.

If you’re not fit then fuck off just retire and enjoy your millions or come back when you are fit
Hey Shaun hope your watching Sam Walker to see how its done
I think they call it EFFORT
Also while i'm about it, can't you kick more than 10 metres from a penalty

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement