• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Shaun Johnson Appreciation thread

NZWarriors.com
Storm semi final. The show and go to fool Cronk and put Manu in the corner. My all time favourite moment. Still brings a smile to my face thinking about it. They had no answer for you.

The clutch FG against Canberra in 2018 to win it in Canberra. Special.

That intercept try last year at the final whistle. Fabulous.

So many good memories.

I was sure his career was so over when he busted his leg wide open against Souths. But he came back stronger than ever.

2023 was all SJ. He carried the team on his shoulders. This year unfortunately the challenge was too great and the hill too steep.

I could see the look of despair on his face in the Chooks game where I felt they were singleing him out for special treatment. No one came to your aid Shaun. That was painful to see. The team should have your back. Always.

Come tomorrow night all of NZ will be cheering for you. We got your back this time. The greatness of your legacy. You will be missed but the legacy will never be forgotten.

I appreciate him and his footballing ability so greatly I would offer myself up to him. Not that he'd take me. But the offers there ....

Can't deny he is probably the best half NZ has produced in all NRL. Better than Stacey imo.
Shame lucks never gone his way .. imagine I'd we'd had Ivan 2 years more , cappy in the interim followed by only 2018 SK then no covid and into Webster.
The guy would've been an immortal.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I appreciate him and his footballing ability so greatly I would offer myself up to him. Not that he'd take me. But the offers there ....

Can't deny he is probably the best half NZ has produced in all NRL. Better than Stacey imo.
Shame lucks never gone his way .. imagine I'd we'd had Ivan 2 years more , cappy in the interim followed by only 2018 SK then no covid and into Webster.
The guy would've been an immortal.
At least make him buy you a drink first

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Storm semi final. The show and go to fool Cronk and put Manu in the corner. My all time favourite moment. Still brings a smile to my face thinking about it. They had no answer for you.

The clutch FG against Canberra in 2018 to win it in Canberra. Special.

That intercept try last year at the final whistle. Fabulous.

So many good memories.

I was sure his career was so over when he busted his leg wide open against Souths. But he came back stronger than ever.

2023 was all SJ. He carried the team on his shoulders. This year unfortunately the challenge was too great and the hill too steep.

I could see the look of despair on his face in the Chooks game where I felt they were singleing him out for special treatment. No one came to your aid Shaun. That was painful to see. The team should have your back. Always.

Come tomorrow night all of NZ will be cheering for you. We got your back this time. The greatness of your legacy. You will be missed but the legacy will never be forgotten.
A moving tribute, albeit sounding suspiciously like you got Warriorbot to write it. For a start, it's on Friday not tomorrow night. Wonder if you'll be still saying those things on the gameday thread if we're losing 50-0.

Happy Shaun Johnson week mate.

Last edited:
Nope. From the heart.❤️
I don’t need no bot 🤖 writing for me ✍️
Well then I feel you brother, he's carried our hopes and dreams on his back for a big part of our lives. Could get pretty emotional Friday night. Unless we get spanked, then I'll go back to default Warriors fan setting, bitter cynicism tinged with deluded dreams of signing Jerome Hughes for next year.

Last edited:
A true great I have many brilliant memories of how he evolved the game from Benji, how he would single handidly win us games; the step the gas he had to burn Jennings, the balls he had to stop Burgess, the game management he developed in 2023 and
Kiwis clutch plays, he has highlights packages for days and I will miss him and wish Sj all the best. You can't compare him to anyone else as he's his own style I hope in years to come he gets the hall of fame he deserves.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
A true great I have many brilliant memories of how he evolved the game from Benji, how he would single handidly win us games; the step the gas he had to burn Jennings, the balls he had to stop Burgess, the game management he developed in 2023 and
Kiwis clutch plays, he has highlights packages for days and I will miss him and wish Sj all the best. You can't compare him to anyone else as he's his own style I hope in years to come he gets the hall of fame he deserves.
He's Warriors, NZ League and International hall of famer, the NRL one is rigged against him because he's never actually won anything in their crooked comp.

How to say, say it anyways. A Father foremost. A Brilliant and Very talented footballer. A Team player that any of you (and me) would choose first in a game of school lunchtime touch.

Probs looked at the Big Screen to often but boy, that was Usually after he'd scored an Amazing try or Usually after he'd set-up and or been a Big part of an amazing try.

The proof is in the pudding. His Highlights will be right up there with Stacey's, Manu's, Ali's, Francis', McKinnon's etc' etc' etc'.

A Good fulah, I'm sure! And even though you don't know who I am, Shaun... All the Best my Friend.

You Definitely gave 'em a Taste of Kiwi. Up the Wahs!✊:)

*wipes away the tears from eyes while starting up the lawnmower at 10.21pm.

Well then I feel you brother, he's carried our hopes and dreams on his back for a big part of our lives. Could get pretty emotional Friday night. Unless we get spanked, then I'll go back to default Warriors fan setting, bitter cynicism tinged with deluded dreams of signing Jerome Hughes for next year.

It’s all love in here my friend.
I really hope the boys show up for him on Friday. I don’t think a loss will do justice. I need to see him walk off that field one last time with his head held high.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Sad that he never took us to the promised land like we all thought he would in those early years. It’s a shame the Sharks stint happened, he deserved to be a 1 club Warrior
In terms of game breaker he was absolutely up there and gave us oodles of highlights to enjoy.
Club couldn’t have asked for a better ambassador he stayed out of the naughty corner and never put the club in a bad light. From a personal note I Will always appreciate as a fan he took the time to have a quick chat and a selfie with me and he didn’t make it seem like a burden, it seemed genuine.

Lewis Brown scored that try against the Storm, otherwise all good!!
and he busted his leg against Manly.

The set before the try against Melbourne was another moment he really announced himself - he put in a beautifully weighted kick in that held up in goal... exactly when the team needed it...

and after the try I remember thinking there is going to be years and years of semi final performances like this. Bittersweet

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement