Pick Your Team Rabbitohs v Warriors - Round 5, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

i wish the marketing team would just stop banging on about it being a sell out yet on TV you see a ton of empty seats...
Yeah - a sellout and a full house aren't the same thing, but marketing are trying to make it sound like they are. Sellout just means there are no more tickets on sale. Also, I don't think the North Bank is official seating, but some people hang out up there rather than in their seat, especially when the weather's nice.

I have to say that I dunno what way to go (I agree with your logic, but there are merits in giving CHT a stint at stand off and seeing what he has got, heck he might turn out to be better than TMM and Metcalf, and those boys have both had decent auditions for the role, maybe it is CHTs turn).

Webster will tell us a lot by this next team naming, this one Tuesday is shaping up as quite interesting after all, and it will give us more insight than any team naming of Websters so far.

We will get to see if CHT is to spend his NRL life as a bench utility. I am not assuming that on the evidence so far, just because CHT has been in cup, that might be purely about getting the rust off.

At least Webster doesn't fook around, we know for sure Roger is a center and CNK is the fullback.

So whatever Tuesday looks like, lock in till Metcalf is in the equation.
I really feel for Metcalf, he's had an unlucky run.

Whilst our other two options don't have that electric gamebreaking ability. They are stronger defenders and distributors, which could open up that left edge a bit more in terms of getting Roger clean ball.

We are pretty lucky to have two quality options, given both are better than Gamble and Cogger for instance who are Newcastle's starting halves.

I really feel for Metcalf, he's had an unlucky run.

Whilst our other two options don't have that electric gamebreaking ability. They are stronger defenders and distributors, which could open up that left edge a bit more in terms of getting Roger clean ball.

We are pretty lucky to have two quality options, given both are better than Gamble and Cogger for instance who are Newcastle's starting halves.
Worse again for Metcalf is the time he’s put into his body to avoid injuries and he’s picked up another one, and in such unsuspecting circumstances. Really couldn’t see how he’s picked up such a serious injury to the opposite leg to which the defender went in on?

I have to say that I dunno what way to go (I agree with your logic, but there are merits in giving CHT a stint at stand off and seeing what he has got, heck he might turn out to be better than TMM and Metcalf, and those boys have both had decent auditions for the role, maybe it is CHTs turn).

Webster will tell us a lot by this next team naming, this one Tuesday is shaping up as quite interesting after all, and it will give us more insight than any team naming of Websters so far.

We will get to see if CHT is to spend his NRL life as a bench utility. I am not assuming that on the evidence so far, just because CHT has been in cup, that might be purely about getting the rust off.

At least Webster doesn't fook around, we know for sure Roger is a center and CNK is the fullback.

So whatever Tuesday looks like, lock in till Metcalf is in the equation.
Good to have options
Metcalf gone we have CHT and tmm
If he runs CHT at six
Then Lussick goes on the reserves to spell Egan
I like both CHT and Tmm
And Lussick
We have great depth a nice position to be in

Worse again for Metcalf is the time he’s put into his body to avoid injuries and he’s picked up another one, and in such unsuspecting circumstances. Really couldn’t see how he’s picked up such a serious injury to the opposite leg to which the defender went in on?
I haven't look too closely, one of my mates said it appeared that it was Frizz knee swinging aroung that collected him.

Just a freak type injury by the sounds and nothing he could have done to prevent that.

I haven't look too closely, one of my mates said it appeared that it was Frizz knee swinging aroung that collected him.

Just a freak type injury by the sounds and nothing he could have done to prevent that.
Unfortunate but a real concern for himself how they’re accumulating. Brings to mind that brutal one for Gerard Beale years ago for us when he shattered his kneecap collecting his opponent’s

We need to start blooding our youth. After watching the other succesfull sides they all have young energy and spark. Even the Tigers. Imo we have 6 blokes all under the age of 22 who are and will be genuine first graders- Leiataua, Graham-Taufa, Laban, Maiu’u, Sifakula and Halasima. We aren’t doing too bad atm but we’re a bit too old and slow across the park. If we want to win it this year we need a bit more energy/spark and a bit of faith in our young boys

this is the team I would like to see come finals time this year, barring no injuries

Nicoll-Klokstad
Tuivasa-Sheck
Leiataua
Berry
Watene-Zelezniak
Metcalf
Johnson
Fonua-Blake
Egan
Barnett
Ford
Capewell
Harris

Harris-Tavita
Niukore
Walker
Sifakula

Last edited:
Man we got a riches of talent and depth.

So good debating who the better player is rather than who we can get to fill a spot.

Prop is still the lingering problem. I really hope Webby is clear we still need a big body up front to absorb contact and wear down the opposition forwards. I assume that’s why Bunty is still in the equation.

We need more beef.

Man we got a riches of talent and depth.

So good debating who the better player is rather than who we can get to fill a spot.

Prop is still the lingering problem. I really hope Webby is clear we still need a big body up front to absorb contact and wear down the opposition forwards. I assume that’s why Bunty is still in the equation.

We need more beef.
You reckon AFB should play more minutes? He's only been getting 40-50.

Based on form and the expected team line ups we should be favourites for this game. However I'm certain we will be rank outsiders for this game given the likely sydney media narrative that souths are back as contenders given last week's win against the struggling dogs.
I won't be happy unless we pump the Bunnies 20pt+ ..that were behind against the Bulldogs at the half and hardly looked amazing on the day only winning by PENALTY GOALS ...we will get good support the boys are starting to gel ... CNK back etc

time for the BOYs to stamp TOP4 on the game ..pumping one of the most overhyped teams of 24 be a great statement

Personally I thought CHT did enough to atleast get another crack at that spot...

Like, am I crazy for thinking he had a bigger impact that TMM has had previously in that role? (Last year... Etc)
Well that's what I thought too. I do like his left boot option on the left side, whereas TMM basicslly has no kicking game which is less than ideal for a half.

Still TMM if he can get Roger and that left side going with his distribution then it might work well. Roger will need his hands on the ball more playing centre. He needs to be our strike weapon on the left there.

TMM at 6 and CHT to continue developing and get rid of his silly mistakes (poor pass at the death to Bunty and this time smiling before scoring old Warriors mistakes), if TMM is this bad CHT will overtake him later anyway. TMM was creating a lot for Monty before breaking his leg last year

Pretty cool to have 3 experienced hyphenated fullbacks defending in the backline lol, TMM, CNK, RTS

Back