Pick Your Team Rabbitohs v Warriors - Round 5, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Your weather report for Sydney Olympic park for Saturday the 6th of April:
A couple of morning showers with periods of clouds, clearing to partly cloudy skies and sunshine in the afternoon, with a high of 25c.

Capture.JPG

I think I would prefer CHT to start against South’s. TMM still has not shown his capabilities since leaving Broncos. I think I expected more from him especially on attack. CHT had some nice touches in the weekend including setting up one try and scoring one. I don’t think we should shoot him down for smiling as it shows a happy confident side. I think with Niukore and Afoa on the interchange our prop rotation is well balanced. Once Walker is match fit we will be lethal around the ruck with him and Egan being so good at that part of the field. I am careful not too underestimate South’s as they have so many good players that could score points even against what looks like a really strong defensive team building nicely as in the Warriors.

Based on the first four rounds, souths seem like a very slow team. They play stop start footy and kick the ball out of play alot to help their middles who have looked rather unfit to start the season. I think we can wear them out with our gameplan from last week where we essentially kicked newcastle out of the game. If we dominate the field position like we have done for most of our games this year, opportunities will arise to exploit their laziness around the ruck. I'm ok if we just focus on the middle corridor again for this game, given the high probability of rain for this game. I'm expecting another ugly 1-12 game again.

I'm looking forward to our first full strength team of the year. CNK #1, TMM at 6, CT at 14, bench incl Bunty, Walker and Niukore. Then let's see what we can do.
I think that's our strongest line up.

Whether CHT or TMM get the 6 is going to be interesting. From a team balance perspective I think TMM at 6 and CHT at 14. If CHT at 6 then TMM plays cup with Jazz or Lussick on the bench.

Either way, you will have a 6 that is strong defensively, both have an ok kicking game, they both dip in to the line on attack and engage the defense, straightening the attack, both give good early ball to their outside players.

Excited to see what a full strength Warriors side can do, with a little bit of realism thrown in for timing issues with returning players.

I think if we have Walker on the bench we don't need hooker/back cover. My ideal bench would be Jazz, Walker, Niukore and Bunty/young gun from reserve grade.
With Walker we can basically make anything work injury cover wise. Only if you plan to not have Egan play 80 should you then carry someone for hooker.

I think if we have Walker on the bench we don't need hooker/back cover. My ideal bench would be Jazz, Walker, Niukore and Bunty/young gun from reserve grade.
With Walker we can basically make anything work injury cover wise. Only if you plan to not have Egan play 80 should you then carry someone for hooker.
I think that has been acknowledged as the plan for Egan this year, to give him a spell during games

Last year we were beaten by the rain, get down to the 20m and have no idea how to score

I remember Bunty having an epic opening 20 minute spell though

Souths out enthused us and we were out coached tactically last time around

I really hope thats fresh in the teams mind and we go well. I hate Souths.
Was one of the games as to why I’m personally still nervous about us in wet weather until we see it this year. We didn’t adapt last year so

The decision about CHT or TMM is intriguing. I've been very critical of CHT over the years & actually wanted TMM ahead of Metcalf to begin the season, but I think CHT should get picked at #6 this week however it's on the condition that Walker is back.

My ideal scenario:
6 CHT
14 Lussick
17 Walker

Back up if Walker is out:
6 TMM
14 CHT
17 Tevaga

Based on the first four rounds, souths seem like a very slow team. They play stop start footy and kick the ball out of play alot to help their middles who have looked rather unfit to start the season. I think we can wear them out with our gameplan from last week where we essentially kicked newcastle out of the game. If we dominate the field position like we have done for most of our games this year, opportunities will arise to exploit their laziness around the ruck. I'm ok if we just focus on the middle corridor again for this game, given the high probability of rain for this game. I'm expecting another ugly 1-12 game again.
With the likely return of CNK, I’m hoping our offence will start to click and be more consistent. South’s so far have shown that they lack mobility and at times seem to get worn out very quickly through the middle. I feel if we can grind them out through the opening portion of the match, the points will come, especially with their poor goal line defence that has been exploited in past weeks while under pressure.

Back