Sports Rugby World Cup 2023

I thought this World Cup has been a bit of a breakout internationally for him, especially his running game. That break last week was a beauty where he found Jordan for the try and a nice break before that wasn’t capitalised on. NZ pretty thin at first five, McKenzie takes over perhaps?
Was going to say this World Cup has been the first time I’ve actually been impressed with him at international level. But you’re right there’s not many class 10s n NZ at the moment. Will probably be McKenzie but find him a bit too as libbed when the ABs need to play with more structure

Was going to say this World Cup has been the first time I’ve actually been impressed with him at international level. But you’re right there’s not many class 10s n NZ at the moment. Will probably be McKenzie but find him a bit too as libbed when the ABs need to play with more structure
Watched some provincial rugby for the first time in ages the last weekend, Taranaki first five Josh Jacomb looks impressive. Steven Perofeta is another, but probably not strong enough in the position. Used to like the look of Josh Ioane but don’t watch a huge amount of rugby anymore.

Watched some provincial rugby for the first time in ages the last weekend, Taranaki first five Josh Jacomb looks impressive. Steven Perofeta is another, but probably not strong enough in the position. Used to like the look of Josh Ioane but don’t watch a huge amount of rugby anymore.
Taha Kemara and Reuben Love are a couple of gun 10's on the come up Aiden Morgan aswell. The first 2 wouldnt look out of place on the league field.

Shame the way the draw was done so far out that a couple of the better teams are out. The 1/4 final sure looked like a tougher game.
Thought Argentina might have pushed us a bit closer though

Taha Kemara and Reuben Love are a couple of gun 10's on the come up Aiden Morgan aswell. The first 2 wouldnt look out of place on the league field.
Is there one you see stronger than the others?Looked their names up after your post, Taha Kemara in the Crusaders system a front runner?

Is there one you see stronger than the others?Looked their names up after your post, Taha Kemara in the Crusaders system a front runner?
Seen both Mogan and Love play for the Hurricanes, both have x factor and promise but a year or 2 off

I thought Foster has been a bit of if a joke for a an All Blacks coach and will rightfully be replaced. If he wins the world cup how will he be remembered? The feeling I get is the players haven't really taken to his 'style' but have lifted for the World Cup.

I thought Foster has been a bit of if a joke for a an All Blacks coach and will rightfully be replaced. If he wins the world cup how will he be remembered? The feeling I get is the players haven't really taken to his 'style' but have lifted for the World Cup.
Don’t think the Argentinian losses were accepted by the country but what Ireland became after the series loss seemed like it was justifiable to me, they were the best in the world at that time. He’s copped a lot of flack in his tenure about playing players out of position but I think his selections have been justified.

Get what they were doing in terms of ‘the next man up’ and retaining the knowledge of the coaching group through succession. Worked well in the transition between Graeme Henry and Steve Hansen- lightening unfortunately didn’t strike twice with Foster. Talk is the players like Foster and are playing for him. Be a very interesting legacy if we win the cup

Get what they were doing in terms of ‘the next man up’ and retaining the knowledge of the coaching group through succession. Worked well in the transition between Graeme Henry and Steve Hansen- lightening unfortunately didn’t strike twice with Foster. Talk is the players like Foster and are playing for him. Be a very interesting legacy if we win the cup
I'd say a lot of the losses will be forgotten if we win the World Cup. Some good coaches have failed at that tournament after being dominant the years in between. If we can see Foster looked at highly for delivering the main trophy the coaching cycle is aimed towards.

It would be weird though with the amount of vitriol that has been aimed at him at times and how they were looking closely at his job. Also how in the past how they have planned the entire cycle with resting players or pulling players out of Super Rugby with the plan to peak to at the World Cup and some years failed at the Semi Finals. Foster's reign has stumbled the years in between now he makes the World Cup Final.

You have to remember that all the senior players backed him during the nzr coup attempt.

I think the biggest thing was getting Joe Schmidt on board.

The all blacks much deeper these days and have a lot of little inter plays almost like the warriors except they don't have to be so deft like Tohu. It's to counter the rush defense.

Are Eng about to do to SA what they did to us last WC?

Hope they don't show up to the final like last time too.

Back