General NSW Cup 2024

Thanks for posting that CCEs. I dont see many NZW NSW Cup games (being in Aus) this year maybe three -four but Doyle -something thing seems to happen on a positive note when he comes on in all those games I saw.
G Doyks skill set and support play at crucial moments makes him look like a 5/6 to me. Who knows, with some development could be very handy.

Makaia Tafua must be running at over a try a game this season. Looks really strong in his carries. His play to set up the Kayliss try was great work too. I wonder who's more highly rated at the moment out of him and Jacob Auloa. Either way I hope we get rid of Roache at the end of the year to let these two develop properly in NSW cup next season.

Anyone see how Rodney Tuipulotu-Vea went in his debut?

I would say Jacob Auloa is more highly rated at the moment. Best player in SG Ball most likely to replace Lussick in the top 30 in 2026. Taufa is likely the bridge between, Patterson & Auloa. Great to see the depth at hooker behind Egan.

I would say Jacob Auloa is more highly rated at the moment. Best player in SG Ball most likely to replace Lussick in the top 30 in 2026. Taufa is likely the bridge between, Patterson & Auloa. Great to see the depth at hooker behind Egan.
Well I mean Tafua is starting over him in NSW cup at the moment and they're the same age.

They're the same year in school but Auloa is probably a January - April birthdate (i.e. young for his year) hence why he was eligible to play SG ball again this year (similar with a few of them like Kayliss, Rodney Vea, Chong Nee).

I remember speaking to a scout once and he was saying those birth dates are something they look out because even though they're pretty much the same age they get an extra year of age grade development if they're not being fast tracked which is valuable.

I do personally like Auloa's game more but the selections in this team might suggest Tafua is higher rated.

Didn't see it but 63m from 6 carries (half his metres post contact), 14 tackles @88% to go along with 3 Handling Errors in 25 mins
152m for Kayliss.

50 odd from that break away try but still strong effort there

Looks like he played centre most of it

I don’t think we will win it this year. I think this year is a building year. We have certainly improved in Jersey Flegg which has helped our Cup team.