Sports Rugby World Cup 2023

Tense finish, well deserved win for ABs given we were down two players during game (that first yellow was ridiculous - slight knock on from fingers means get off the field you cheating keeeeeeeent 😅), massive effort defensively.

Feel for Ireland, but thems the breaks in knockout tournaments.

Good to avenge the Wayne Barnes quarterfinal in France curse too hah!

Izzy knew what was up!

Screenshot_20231015-102531_X.jpg

Tense finish, well deserved win for ABs given we were down two players during game (that first yellow was ridiculous - slight knock on from fingers means get off the field you cheating keeeeeeeent 😅), massive effort defensively.

Feel for Ireland, but thems the breaks in knockout tournaments.

Good to avenge the Wayne Barnes quarterfinal in France curse too hah!
first full game of the bad rugby code i've seen in a long time - was pretty good tbh... and yeah both of those cards were ridiculous - smith was in no way trying to knock that on, and even the commentators said they would have been in a better position if he hadn't touched it ... the second one, why do you get a double penalty ? both the penalty try and the card?.... neither would happen in the nrl

Ireland fell into the trap of believing their on hype a bit, some of the stuff from the northern media and Irish fans was pretty arrogant and smarmy. Ironically they now get to experience the backlash of an early exit like we had to many times in that position.
Tense tense game was pretty uncomfortable throughout and kept looking for that extra score to make it a bit more comfortable but Ireland never went away.
Was great to see our intensity and killer instinct again after going missing for some time

first full game of the bad rugby code i've seen in a long time - was pretty good tbh... and yeah both of those cards were ridiculous - smith was in no way trying to knock that on, and even the commentators said they would have been in a better position if he hadn't touched it ... the second one, why do you get a double penalty ? both the penalty try and the card?.... neither would happen in the nrl
For a penalty try to be awarded it’s essentially a professional foul so yeah professional foul gets yellow card. Agreed it’s a double punishment though as say a professional foul is generally ignored if a team plays advantage for a couple of phases and scores

- smith was in no way trying to knock that on, and even the commentators said they would have been in a better position if he hadn't touched it ..

The call was right those have been yellow cards for ages.....but the rule is an absolute ass.

If Smith had been able to regather (even if the intention was to knock the ball down) it wouldve been absolutely fine and play on.

This code ridiculously wants to find any excuse to send players off the field.......its absurd that knocking a ball down warrants what potentially can be such a game changing period with players off the park......penalty i could live with but surely only foul play or repeated offences should be the only time u send players from a park?

Apart from that great game of footy i thought.....first time i've been really invested in 80 minutes of Rugby for ages.

Glad the AB's won. Cant stand Foster and i know we lost that invincibility tag a while ago, but i dont like that (particulary) the Northern Hemisphere sensing their more than a chance against the ABs these days......doesnt sit right with me.....and im not even a Rugby head.

Last edited:
And that was one of the better reffed games of Rugby....

Yep I was anxiously waiting on a spontaneous TMO call to decide the game.
Barnes was on a bit of a hiding to nothing, the ghost of the ABs 1/4 exit due to at least partially his performance at the same venue/stage was hanging over him and apparently he has an awful reputation with the irish

Back