QCB Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Warriors

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeeze that's probably a big ask for a few of the Cowboys to back up - Robson was immense as was Dearden and Holmes was busy. Id be happy if they were rested. Maybe some of the forwards on the bench with a reduced role too hopefully
Cotter stood out for me -plenty of tackling. Hope his baby decides to enter this world on Saturday night

All year. I was pointing it out months ago about him getting smoked in the ruck. How do you think I developed my 2nd row thesis. By watching Tohu all season

I am not opposed to the idea that time catches up with players, especially players I like.

Our point of difference then is merely which games that started this season.

I also believe that ageing players who have time to run on their contracts still have a use in a rejigged rotation when you have the luxury we have of exciting Juniors.

So Rather than write Tohu off completely I still think even if the cracks are showing that used correctly, older players like him and Johnson are handy to have on your roster as pretty awesome injury cover or point of difference options etc.

Bottom line, there is no one in the 💙 Mighty NSW cup that can play the ball playing forward like Harris nor is there anyone in cup footy who can manage a game like Johonson.

Those old buggers have skill sets that cannot be learned in a season or three.

Last edited:
I am not opposed to the idea that time catches up with players, especially players I like.

I also believe that ageing players who have time to run on their contracts still have a use in a rejigged rotation when you have the luxury we have of exciting Juniors.

So Rather than write Tohu off completely I still think even if the cracks are showing that used correctly, older players like him and Johnson are handy to have on your roster as pretty awesome injury cover or point of difference options etc.

Bottom line, there is no one in the 💙 Mighty NSW cup that can play the ball playing forward like Harris nor is there anyone in cup footy who can manage a game like Johonson.

the old adage that by the time you know how to play the game it is time to give it up.

100%. Its a testament to his greatness that he can still put up numbers. A lessor player would have been cut much earlier. Love the guy, but its all business,. Happy to be wrong if he turns it up for the remainder..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back