QCB Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Warriors

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting discussion this week. A lot of nervousness and negativity.

When I reflect on the first half of the season, I see the coaching staff trying a few things in order to problem solve. We had a busted team for most of it - SJ playing on one leg, Capes pretty much banged up from the first tackle of the season and Egan has not been right with that elbow. Marata being out, I think, totally messed up our plans for the start of the year.

So we overplayed some of our senior guys, our rotations were messed up and frankly we didn’t ice a couple of games we should have. Storm and Titans being the two standouts. Yet here we are, still in the fight.

The talk about Tohu is premature. He is not 21 anymore but he is a seasoned professional who is the heart and soul of this club. He’s been busted too but bravely hung in for as long as he could. I don’t think it was a finger injury - I reckon it was something worse that they needed to rehab.

What we have had tested is our depth - and we changed tack as we were forced to the last two matches. We’ve learned we can play a different style and get the chocolates.

Don’t expect we go back to the game we played prior to the Panthers. No… its evolution baby as Pearl Jam put it. I expect now with a forward pack that provides us heaps of rotation options that we will see our guys dominate most teams through the middle. I see Capewell finding his feet because he isn’t needing to tackle himself to death. I also see less need for players to go 70 minutes plus. We can be smarter with our combinations.

My instincts tell me we will win this match against the Cows well this weekend. They aimed up last week against the chooks, but you can’t tell me that beating Payten at their place isn’t a motivating factor for these boys. Expect us to target Vailea all day if he plays.

Those questions by RTS and Rocco. I reckon you’ll see a break out performance at centre for RTS when he returns - once again, more left side plays coupled with forward dominance equals more space for him to move. We must persevere.

I’m expecting Pompey to put on a show because he knows his position is under threat with RTS coming back. I welcome that - much like how Montoya responded the last two games.

Jazz is playing for a contract so expect him to play great again. Tohu plays more middle thIs week after minute 15 with Walks playing 13 for at least 65 min to support TMM and CHT.

Mitch will also play out of his skin - a week in 💙 Mighty NSW Camp will have him buzzing and he is playing for a starting spot for origin 2.

Wahs by 13+
Well written optimistic post mate, makes me want to run through a brick wall! Even more excited for tomorrow now (if we lose i'll be even more devastated)

Robson is a massive out.

Huge alright.
I was going to make a joke about how slow Granville is but it's not even him starting, it's Sam McIntyre who's a middle/backrower.

Jeeze we have to target that guy for sure, put pressure on him so he delivers poor service.

Now all we need is Reuben Cotter's Mrs to go in to labour and hour before the game, like our boy Taine

Interesting discussion this week. A lot of nervousness and negativity.

When I reflect on the first half of the season, I see the coaching staff trying a few things in order to problem solve. We had a busted team for most of it - SJ playing on one leg, Capes pretty much banged up from the first tackle of the season and Egan has not been right with that elbow. Marata being out, I think, totally messed up our plans for the start of the year.

So we overplayed some of our senior guys, our rotations were messed up and frankly we didn’t ice a couple of games we should have. Storm and Titans being the two standouts. Yet here we are, still in the fight.

The talk about Tohu is premature. He is not 21 anymore but he is a seasoned professional who is the heart and soul of this club. He’s been busted too but bravely hung in for as long as he could. I don’t think it was a finger injury - I reckon it was something worse that they needed to rehab.

What we have had tested is our depth - and we changed tack as we were forced to the last two matches. We’ve learned we can play a different style and get the chocolates.

Don’t expect we go back to the game we played prior to the Panthers. No… its evolution baby as Pearl Jam put it. I expect now with a forward pack that provides us heaps of rotation options that we will see our guys dominate most teams through the middle. I see Capewell finding his feet because he isn’t needing to tackle himself to death. I also see less need for players to go 70 minutes plus. We can be smarter with our combinations.

My instincts tell me we will win this match against the Cows well this weekend. They aimed up last week against the chooks, but you can’t tell me that beating Payten at their place isn’t a motivating factor for these boys. Expect us to target Vailea all day if he plays.

Those questions by RTS and Rocco. I reckon you’ll see a break out performance at centre for RTS when he returns - once again, more left side plays coupled with forward dominance equals more space for him to move. We must persevere.

I’m expecting Pompey to put on a show because he knows his position is under threat with RTS coming back. I welcome that - much like how Montoya responded the last two games.

Jazz is playing for a contract so expect him to play great again. Tohu plays more middle thIs week after minute 15 with Walks playing 13 for at least 65 min to support TMM and CHT.

Mitch will also play out of his skin - a week in 💙 Mighty NSW Camp will have him buzzing and he is playing for a starting spot for origin 2.

Wahs by 13+

Good brain food man. Well covered from an overview big ideas way of analysing a half of a season of football.

You should post more often. Your positivity (ironically not a word recognized by Warriors spell check) but yeah your glass half full sermon really doesn't match your user name (no matter, my user name is stupid).

Your acknowledgement of our problems probably is in line with how Webster has been thinking this season.

This post would have been dismissed three weeks ago as keep the faith style glass half full hyperbole.

But since Webster turned it around with C teams the haters can just quiet down coz WE BEAT THE PANTHERS with noob city!!!!

Definitely. On par with SJ out and TMM having to play 7 instead of his natural position at 6?

Wouldn't it be more like SJ out and Walker to 7? TMM kinda discovered himself while SJ was out lol

Todd Payten strikes me as a coach that does adversity games well, he is a motivational style coach after all, we saw enough of that when he was here and improved Kearneys broken Warriors at seasons end.

Interesting dynamics in this game, on paper the Cows are like us last week and the week before, facing hardship, and perhaps like us a very dangerous animal as a result.

It is patently obvious that should we show up like the Panthers did versus us, or the Dolphins, expecting to top four machine our 💙 Mighty NSW cup Warriors...that we will get a hiding if we think the game is won on paper.

Last edited:
A question I asked a while ago which wasn't really answered was whether Capewell, who we know can also cover Centre. Could he be the Sironen 2nd Row, DH cover?

A question I asked a while ago which wasn't really answered was whether Capewell, who we know can also cover Centre. Could he be the Sironen 2nd Row, DH cover?

Don't know if he can or need to do hooker, he covered centre the other day, Ford can do centre too, Lussick will probably be on the bench but CHT can cover it too if they want to use Taine on the bench, CNK to 6 and CHT to 9 if Egan needs to come off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back