QCB Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Warriors

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate , i think this is a good squad. let them play, whatever happens in the first ten minutes, then the coach can do changes. otherwise, i believe warriors will score some 20 points in the first half and then they can defend their line until the final whistle. go the warriors.
Fair, and I fully expect us to smoke a side that's not the bunnies at some point, just not sure it will be this week - if it is, we'll be set up well for a run

And you would be talking about the recent games not the early rounds where he burnt out when we were not using our bench correctly.

Get some glasses, we agree on recent form.
All year. I was pointing it out months ago about him getting smoked in the ruck. How do you think I developed my 2nd row thesis. By watching Tohu all season

What you're forgetting to factor in is the "Bunty effect". After he does those kamikaze runs the opposition tacklers are still stuffed for the next play or 2. So those 4.6 carries should really be considered closer to 9 carries and 60 pcm when you factor in the the player after him getting extra metres due to the damage he's done. 😁
Mostly tongue in cheek but on a serious note I wonder if anyone has actually focused on that aspect and seen if after his hard runs, how much does it advantage the next play. Not just unique to him but all the players that do the no frills, hard runs.
Agree
Rather have Bunty than Capewell
It’s up to Capewell to now demonstrate what he can do

Agree
Rather have Bunty than Capewell
It’s up to Capewell to now demonstrate what he can do
Speaking of Bunty - we are converting Ford into a prop for this game instead of just playing Bunty. While on the surface this is a higher risk higher reward roll of the dice I more have justified it to myself as an investment in Ford to see if we can get him to be an NRL quality player after it seems we have learned that edge back rower does not suit his strengths.

I’m not so sure. Tohu was playing good up until our injury crisis occurred and subsequently everyone’s form began to dip. Capewell just needs to string successive games together without getting injured. If he does that and still struggles, that’s when I’ll be concerned about him.

His press conference with the smug look against the dragons (?) + dumb challenges + dropping the pill/forward passes still lurks in my head. Needs a big one this weekend to erase these bad memories .. MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite extreme bias doesn’t help either 😂

Capewell hasn’t done anything yet to justify the overs paid for him…

Had to get away from the forum for a bit with the outrageous criticism of some of our injured players.

I have called for a x factor backrower (Mitch or Marata) for a while now. I would rather just one and the other at prop with Ford on the edge. What you gain in attack with those big boys you do sacrifice lateral movement in D. Barnett to middle for pure line speed I reckon (both are dangerous as he'll.on the edge).

Pretty happy with the team otherwise, like the others I don't see the need or justification for Capewell on the bench (or in the team) at this point.
I used to get uptight with some comments and stopped posting for a period but that was a few years ago now. What I came to realise is pretty much everyone that posts comments here watches a lot of league so it's good to see what others are thinking even if we don't always agree.

His press conference with the smug look against the dragons (?) + dumb challenges + dropping the pill/forward passes still lurks in my head. Needs a big one this weekend to erase these bad memories .. MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite extreme bias doesn’t help either 😂

Capewell hasn’t done anything yet to justify the overs paid for him…
Capewell is an Aussie
I notice coach favours his Aussie boys
But our two wins against the odds
Count the higher no of Kiwi s

Jeeze that's probably a big ask for a few of the Cowboys to back up - Robson was immense as was Dearden and Holmes was busy. Id be happy if they were rested. Maybe some of the forwards on the bench with a reduced role too hopefully

Jeeze that's probably a big ask for a few of the Cowboys to back up - Robson was immense as was Dearden and Holmes was busy. Id be happy if they were rested. Maybe some of the forwards on the bench with a reduced role too hopefully
I would assume the majority of them back up. It dosen’t really mean much to me though. Where fresh off the bye and they won’t be at 100% capacity. Will also make the win better.

Do you think the coaches can see it? Or does their experience make up for it?

Personally if everybody was fit, I don't see how both are in the 17 - That's crazy.

Personally can’t see them getting dropped. Not this season anyway. Too much at stake. If they did pull the trigger, they’ll mask it with an “injury” to minimise any fallout from the decision.

Personally can’t see them getting dropped. Not this season anyway. Too much at stake. If they did pull the trigger, they’ll mask it with an “injury” to minimise any fallout from the decision.

Rib injuries? Oh wait 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back