Pick Your Team Bulldogs v Warriors - [Round 18, 2024]

mt.wellington

Contributor
Bulldogs v Warriors - [Round 18, 2024]
PICK YOUR TEAM

Saturday 6th July 5pm NZST Accor stadium

Bulldogs1.jpg

Here's your chance to select your dream team for the next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it.

This thread will be closed without notice once the TEAM LIST thread opens for this game...

Last edited:
I'm not expecting any changes to the team.

We can win this game. Thought the dogs were lucky against the sharks. Scored two tries off errors at the beginning but after that, their small mobile pack couldn't match the physicality of the sharkies for the rest of the match. If it wasn't for Hynes choking at the end, they'd be coming into this on the back of a 2 game losing streak. Our pack is capable of outgrinding them in the middle.

Ali is injured
Is rts going to add speed in the wing
No- drop rts use Tt on the wing

Anyway we know the coach won’t change this side

Or

Because he is up against his old colleague Ciraldo

Will he?

I'm not expecting any changes to the team.

We can win this game. Thought the dogs were lucky against the sharks. Scored two tries off errors at the beginning but after that, their small mobile pack couldn't match the physicality of the sharkies for the rest of the match. If it wasn't for Hynes choking at the end, they'd be coming into this on the back of a 2 game losing streak. Our pack is capable of outgrinding them in the middle.

Dogs were terrible in red zone attacks, their hooker just runs across the field and pass for a solo hit up, they just rely on Burton’s boots for field position and he gives them the advantage for golden points type situations

1 Taine
2 D W Zelezniak
3 Ali/MGT
4 A Pompey
5 R T Sheck
6 C H Tavita
7 T M Martin
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 M Niukore
12 K Capewell
13 D Walker

14 F Lussick
15 J Tavaga
16 B Afoa/Ale
17 T Harris

CNK needs a break, something’s off. Ali is listed as ready for R18. RTS has a better turn than Monty and speed off the mark for 20m, can help Taine on D in the corner, Cobbo scores if we didn’t have 2 fullbacks disrupting his dive in the corner tonight

Big game for our boys, after the bye we have a good chance to go 4 straight - If we are good enough. A win next week would set us up nicely for a run into the finals, a loss will need a 5 and 2 win loss record at least to finish the season. Which I can't see happening with the way we've been this year.

I don't think there will be any changes to be honest. I thought the forward pack was really good tonight, Lussick finally showed some spark off the bench which was surprising. Cobbo made RTS his bitch a bit there, but Montoya's lack of speed hurt us a couple times on attack and defense tonight. I'd like to see RTS moved onto the right wing and Ali or MGT brought into right centre. But I don't think it will happen.

If something is wrong with CNK, niggle or something, I'd sit him for Taine in a heartbeat.

It will be the same team or close to it.

If it was up to me I'd pick

CNK
DWZ
MGT
Pompey
Montoya
CHT
TMM
AFB
Egan
Barney
Niukore
Capewell
Walker

Lussick
Jazz
Ale
Laban

And a clear direction to the hot heads in our team to ignore everything Reed Mahoney does or says

It will be the same team or close to it.

If it was up to me I'd pick

CNK
DWZ
MGT
Pompey
Montoya
CHT
TMM
AFB
Egan
Barney
Niukore
Capewell
Walker

Lussick
Jazz
Ale
Laban

And a clear direction to the hot heads in our team to ignore everything Reed Mahoney does or says
I'd be dropping Montoya before RTS but I like this team a lot. Right mix of youth and experience

Ford will likely retain his place but if he isn't starting & playing long minutes he'd be getting the axe from me to add someone capable of bringing impact from the bench like Ale
Ford is slowly getting demoted.
From 80 minute edge forward
To 60 minute starting prop
To 30 minute bench prop tonight.
Hopefully next move is 💙 Mighty NSW cup

Just imagine Ale, Afoa and Jazz off the bench…Ford and Tohu should be depth cover now…IDK if Tohu’s affecting the team but he played 24 minutes from 33-57th minute and we went 0:4 and was in a grind and when he is on the bench the score was 32:12 🤣

Like if your captain is only playing 24 minutes wouldn’t you just phase him out for younger guns like Ale or Laban?…..

Would you object to Ford being instructed to smash his teeth in if the game's decided with 5 to go? He'd be a hero to the rest of the league, and Jacko's on his way out anyway apparently, what a way to go.

Nah that's a stupid suggestion, I'm above that kind of behaviour.

Back