New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
So hard when everything becomes PR spin, from the club to AFB to his management. If he sees the year out it would suck for it to be up in the air the whole time
I think the shitstorm that has comes from this makes it hard for him to return… just look at the feeding frenzy in here.. 🦈

Sharks are also top of the table.. why wouldn’t he want an early release…

All these new kids wasn’t what he signed up for #old

He only obligation is to front up to his employer. Which his done.

Sure. And our obligation as an arm chair critics is to speculate on his actions and lack of. I believe his actions are not from bad cookies but continual personal problems affecting his mental health. I’ve been in his dark place before and it’s not pretty. Cause and effect.

Doesn’t mean he gets a pass on his behaviour but at least we understand why. If he’s doing this deliberately to sabotage his career here and get an early release then that’s a total dog act.

No matter how talented someone is, and how valuable to our club, this is a mess. He’s dragging the club & taking the piss. He re-signed, then requested a release, and is now throwing his toys. He has a history of this with manly early release. He’s in the top 10 earners in the competition, and unfortunately this is now tainting his legacy.

I love him as a player, but this guys morals & character are in the gutter. If he is released, all the positive things he’s done for the club are instantly forgotten.

How you conduct yourself as a person, regardless of adversities represents your character. Not only was he granted an early release, twice (manly, warriors), he’s now throwing his toys because he doesn’t get his way.

No matter the talent, this guy has so many red flags, I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole. All the best sharks, you’ve just inherited one of the most toxic (and talented), players in the competition. Don’t the let door hit you on the way out.

Sure. And our obligation as an arm chair critics is to speculate on his actions and lack of. I believe his actions are not from bad cookies but continual personal problems affecting his mental health. I’ve been in his dark place before and it’s not pretty. Cause and effect.

Doesn’t mean he gets a pass on his behaviour but at least we understand why. If he’s doing this deliberately to sabotage his career here and get an early release then that’s a total dog act.
I agree if he is doing this to sabotage his career then it’s a dog. But his manager states that’s not the case. My issue is that everyone is speculating about what’s happening with no clear evidence. That’s what I have a problem with. Calling his mental health and his wife in the equation which to me is non of our business. I get that we are passionate about our team but we need to know where and when we’ve crossed the line.

I don't know the personal details of Addin's release but, if it were for an ill parent who may have recently been diagnosed terminal I wouldn't begrudge him for his behavior at this time..
If there are dire family circumstances regarding Addin's request for a relaease I'm sure the Club would have bent over backwards to see Addin was where he needed to be to support his parents. & family. Obviously this is not a life or death situation & as it appears he just want's out NOW & is throwing a paddy to get his own way.

Some lads be really cooking in here!
My initial reaction was that he's having a sook and agitating for a release, and who knows, it is probably true. But honestly, if it turned out that there was something actually going on that he was struggling with and that drove him to be unable to connect with the team during and after that game - then OK, probably fair enough.

Unbelievable how people are going on with all these theories and harping on about his crazy wife. Yes, she is crazy, but that isn't the point.

I have avoided commenting on Addin but can't help wondering if Egan being made Captain last week ruffled his feathers?
Have also noticed all year that after he scores a try players rush up to congratulate him and he brushes them off and walks away with a nonchalant look on his face.

Last edited:
I agree if he is doing this to sabotage his career then it’s a dog. But his manager states that’s not the case. My issue is that everyone is speculating about what’s happening with no clear evidence. That’s what I have a problem with. Calling his mental health and his wife in the equation which to me is non of our business. I get that we are passionate about our team but we need to know where and when we’ve crossed the line.
Fuuuuuck that, this cuck has bent us over and had his way with the early release in the first place now he's carrying on like a pansy. We have every right to be aggrieved and speculate - it's part of the mourning process 😅.

If there are dire family circumstances regarding Addin's request for a relaease I'm sure the Club would have bent over backwards to see Addin was where he needed to be to support his parents. & family. Obviously this is not a life or death situation & as it appears he just want's out NOW & is throwing a paddy to get his own way.
Is he throwing a paddy though? Sure, he wasn't in the changing rooms singing the song when he should've.
How terrible..

Is he throwing a paddy though? Sure, he wasn't in the changing rooms singing the song when he should've.
How terrible..

Missing the coach's address?

Maybe Webby is just overreacting, FFS Webby, his family member is ill, show some compassion dude, why pass on the rib PR and throw Addin to the wolves? What a terrible coach

If he's acting out like this due to family member being ill, then the Wahs management are total dicks for throwing it to the public and blow it up like this

But from what I've seen the last 2 years Webster, Cam and Cappy are the professional ones here, I just weigh the evidence on both sides based on past records and behavior/changes

If he's acting out like this due to family member being ill, then the Wahs management are total dicks for throwing it to the public and blow it up like this

But from what I've seen the last 2 years Webster, Cam and Cappy are the professional ones here, I just weigh the evidence on both sides based on past records and behavior/changes
I have no doubt in my mind we would have given him a week or two of compassionate leave if he needed it to go be with his family or whatever.

i admire everyone's optimism and naivety.. AFB has a history of being an absolute prick, he is one of the best frontrowers in the comp, no doubt. but both can be true... i respect the glass half full guys in here but man, its not that hard to connect the dots. weve cooked this year anyway so release him and prioritise building a united team