Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

this will be a bad one.
the amount of restaurants and cafes they supply is huge.

thank god for bike lanes that you have to ride kilometers on the road to join on this one then back onto the road.
it does nothing but take carparks from businesses.

i’m all for public transport and all for people walking and cycling but this whole thorndon quay debacle is a shit show. almost nobody uses it. (don’t let there lime scooter stats they keep saying are cyclists fool you. i run thorndon quay to oriental bay and back 2-3x a week. it’s always dead empty)
it’s a wind tunnel and for those who dont live in wellington, it’s almost unusable for more than half the year due to wind and rain.
and don’t even worry about it all having to be ripped up
again soon anyway….

and then who in their right mind do the council expect are going to lease the space on thorndon quay when no one can get to it without walking 15 minutes in sideways rain?
They have done the same to Auckland's CBD IMO.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
We literally have three white male COs of HMNZS Canterbury, Aotearoa and Te Mana.

Physical standards have been lowered for gender yes, they have also been lowered for age for both genders.
Lol... My guy its not a % of captains. We are talking individual specifics here.

How many people enlist? 1%
How many make it through? 1%
How many choose Navy? 30%
How many officers? 30%

You are already at 0.09% chance of any white male making it as naval officer AFTER they choose to enlist. Let alone Captain a boat

Lol... My guy its not a % of captains. We are talking individual specifics here.

How many people enlist? 1%
How many make it through? 1%
How many choose Navy? 30%
How many officers? 30%

You are already at 0.09% chance of any white male making it as naval officer AFTER they choose to enlist. Let alone Captain a boat
I'm not sure how this is relevant to what I said initially.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
this will be a bad one.
the amount of restaurants and cafes they supply is huge.

thank god for bike lanes like this that you have to ride kilometers on the road to join on this one then back onto the road anyway.
it does nothing but take away customer access and carparks from businesses.

i’m all for public transport and all for people walking and cycling but this whole thorndon quay debacle is a shit show. almost nobody uses it. (don’t let there lime scooter stats they keep saying are cyclists fool you. i run thorndon quay to oriental bay and back 2-3x a week. it’s always dead empty)
it’s a wind tunnel and for those who dont live in wellington, it’s almost unusable for more than half the year due to wind and rain.

oh and nevermind it all having to be ripped up again soon enough anyway….

and then who in their right mind do the council expect are going to lease the space on thorndon quay when no one can get to it without walking 15 minutes in sideways rain?
The roadworks started last year, the business was profitable in February and then govt started sounding out mass job cuts to the public sector in Wellington, but yeah yeah its the cycle ways, fuck moi

Not if the CCP invade the Pacific, I'm getting worried4death mate. This could be the longest offseason ever, in a gulag.

They talking about waging an economic war on Taiwan

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm not sure how this is relevant to what I said initially.
because you dont understand statistics in this instance.

If all captains are white males (100%) what is the chance that an individual white male makes it to Captain a naval boat. (hint its not 100%)

because you dont understand statistics in this instance.

If all captains are white males (100%) what is the chance that an individual white male makes it to Captain a naval boat. (hint its not 100%)
Naval ship*
I'm not talking about the statistics of a demographic making it to be CO of a ship, I'm saying people questioning whether she is competent or not purely due to her gender or sexuality are wrong as she is a highly competent CO and Warfare Officer having worked for her directly and indirectly.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The roadworks started last year, the business was profitable in February and then govt started sounding out mass job cuts to the public sector in Wellington, but yeah yeah its the cycle ways, fuck moi
youre an idiot if you think people are walking or cycling that far from parliament on their lunch break.

it’s the unused cycle lanes and no other reason. the dude even said it.

or do you think maybe you understand his business better than he does after 30 years?

let me know where here in wellington you live in comparison to thorndon quay and i’ll happily meet you there for a run and we can count the cyclists not using the cycle lane.

or did you want to talk about the furniture store left with four carparks?
fucking FOUR?
a store the size of a supermarket and they can have a maximum of 4 paying parties at any time on a rainy day.

or maybe their customers can just carry their new sofa 1.2km down a cycle lane to paid parking while they go fuck themselves?

come on MT8.

Last edited:

They talking about waging an economic war on Taiwan
Well that's a relief I suppose, they're only destabilising Taiwan’s financial system and running psyops to "incite social unrest as a precursor to invasion,” the report said."

Naval ship*
I'm not talking about the statistics of a demographic making it to be CO of a ship, I'm saying people questioning whether she is competent or not purely due to her gender or sexuality are wrong as she is a highly competent CO and Warfare Officer having worked for her directly and indirectly.
Naval ship * Correct. 😉

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Not necessarily due to a DEI policy.

CDR Gray has 20 years plus experience between the RN and RNZN, was the CO of the Mine Counter Measures Team and was the Fleet Executive Officer of the Maritime Operational Evaluation Team that literally assesses the competency of our fleet. She was and is a highly competent Warfare Officer and had already spent nearly two unblemished years as CO of HMNZS Manawanui before this incident.
To suggest she is not in her current role due to her competency or ahead of others due to gender is incorrect.
Not to mention deliberately stoking the culture war. Nice post Damo.

Back