Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

Mike made the point much better than me.
While cycle lanes or lack parking is a likely contributing factor - there a many other just as valid reasons.
The owner even acknowledges other factors are in play in the article when pressed, so it become some weird ideology thing to not even mention in the discussion.

Hospitality is not exactly thriving anywhere at the moment - cycle lanes of not.

Maybe the city will thrive when the works done?
yeah man, there’s other factors 100%, that’s everywhere.
but trust me that place was always packed. roast chicken baguette, out of this world.
but you just can’t park anywhere near it anymore. and a lot of oldies just can’t walk that far, in good weather let alone bad.

NZWarriors.com
yeah man, there’s other factors 100%, that’s everywhere.
but trust me that place was always packed. roast chicken baguette, out of this world.
but you just can’t park anywhere near it anymore. and a lot of oldies just can’t walk that far, in good weather let alone bad.
Simple answer.... change the cycle lane to mobility scooter access only.... problem solved.

What I find interesting is that some hospo in Auckland is on it's knees ready for the axe to fall while others are thriving. Just recently, we went out for my birthday and our Anniversary. The two places were packed (Origine Bistro in Commercial Bay and Jervious Steak House) and were turning away people who came in with no reservations. Origine, I could understand as that was on a Saturday night but JSH was on a Tuesday night. I think there's still a place for those who offer good food at a reasonable price.

It's also a small world... sitting at the table next to us at JSH was Auckland Business Chamber CEO and former leader of the Nats, Simon Bridges. Then, at Origine, we started talking between courses to the couple next to us who were also celebrating their Wedding anniversary. Turns out that she was best friends with a lady who was helping S with her recovery from chemo/cancer.

Simple answer.... change the cycle lane to mobility scooter access only.... problem solved.

What I find interesting is that some hospo in Auckland is on it's knees ready for the axe to fall while others are thriving. Just recently, we went out for my birthday and our Anniversary. The two places were packed (Origine Bistro in Commercial Bay and Jervious Steak House) and were turning away people who came in with no reservations. Origine, I could understand as that was on a Saturday night but JSH was on a Tuesday night. I think there's still a place for those who offer good food at a reasonable price.

It's also a small world... sitting at the table next to us at JSH was Auckland Business Chamber CEO and former leader of the Nats, Simon Bridges. Then, at Origine, we started talking between courses to the couple next to us who were also celebrating their Wedding anniversary. Turns out that she was best friends with a lady who was helping S with her recovery from chemo/cancer.
I also think that many big city centres not are being used for differing reasons.Parking is a major .
Tauranga is an example.Everyone goes to Tauriko or Bay Fair now.
Recently on the Gold Coast was the same .Locals seldom go to Surfers rather they go to Harbour Town or Robina or Pacific Fair .
We were there 12 days & never went near Surfers .The locals said its a shit hole with Hawkers & rough living people.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Mike made the point much better than me.
While cycle lanes or lack parking is a likely contributing factor - there a many other just as valid reasons.
The owner even acknowledges other factors are in play in the article when pressed, so it become some weird ideology thing to not even mention in the discussion.

Hospitality is not exactly thriving anywhere at the moment - cycle lanes of not.

Maybe the city will thrive when the works done?
Another reason is a drunk ideologically driven lying mayor with no understanding of business.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
"Get Wellington Moving" pre dates her mayoralty by a number of years... so don't you look a bit silly.

She definitely is a bit of a loose goose though.
Always makes me wonder HTF do these people get into these positions.
In Tauranga we have a new mayor and while we are yet to find out how he performs I would bet he wouldn't have been successful in the election if he hadn't been a great rower.
Hardly a recipe for success but now we have to wait and see.
Hopefully we are dont go down the Wellington route

In Tauranga we have a new mayor and while we are yet to find out how he performs I would bet he wouldn't have been successful in the election if he hadn't been a great rower.
It amazes me just how badly the standard of mayors have slipped in Tauranga over the last few years.... and not helped by extremely dysfunctional councilors. Actually, I think you'd have to go back to Knobby Clarke and Noel Pope to get a "decent" mayor.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Good to see the new Vice Chancellor is raising the standard of Otago Uni.... just like he did for ordinary Kiwis.... oh, wait a minute....

Torn on this as it sounds like an ESG score, ie an easy way to ensure compliance . I mean teaching only makes up 30% of the score. Bu tI think you still need an objective way to rank them..
1728431610856.png

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I looked into our new mayor before the election because he had name recognition. Couldn’t find what he stood for on anything. Just a complete unknown.

I guess no one can hold you to account if you don’t say you’re going to do anything. But can’t see why anyone would vote for him other than being famous.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back