Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

"An investigation was launched as soon soon as the recovery effort was completed and all crew were safe, the navy is working to ascertain the technical issues that lead . The Navy commends the captains actions"

It could be as benign as that.

It's what they are NOT saying that gives the topic oxygen.

They literally have PR staff manage how the public responds to this situation.

Instead we've had Ron Marks saying the ships insured, Judith Collins say it's not. And then speculation running rampant internationally on the cause.

TBH I find it weird you're having this much of a cry about it all.
I find it weird that you don't care but do care at the same time enough to continue posting.

I find it weird that you want a statement put out to stop the reporting of the Captain being a female as the cause. Where are these reports?

I find it weird you wanting them to make a benign statement that covers everything they have already said. They have commended the captain. They have said there is an inquiry when everyone has been taken care of and home safe. They have said there are divers ascertaining the state of the wreck and whether salvaging is safe.

How do they control what Ron Mark says?

Just weird.

NZWarriors.com
I find it weird that you don't care but do care at the same time enough to continue posting.

I find it weird that you want a statement put out to stop the reporting of the Captain being a female as the cause. Where are these reports?

I find it weird you wanting them to make a benign statement that covers everything they have already said. They have commended the captain. They have said there is an inquiry when everyone has been taken care of and home safe. They have said there are divers ascertaining the state of the wreck and whether salvaging is safe.

How do they control what Ron Mark says?

Just weird.
When I said I didn't care - it was the back and forward arguing with you because it's repetitive and tedious.
But you seem determined to carry on so I'm trying to educate you about PR.

What they haven't said was if human error was a factor or not.
Or haven't made a categoric statement that the Navy's Diversity Program played absolutely no part.

Which would shut down the narrative & chatter.

That's what crisis management PR is.

You can keep having a cry about it, it's just an opinion.

When I said I didn't care - it was the back and forward arguing with you because it's repetitive and tedious.
But you seem determined to carry on so I'm trying to educate you about PR.

What they haven't said was if human error was a factor or not.
Or haven't made a categoric statement that the Navy's Diversity Program played absolutely no part.

Which would shut down the narrative & chatter.

That's what crisis management PR is.

You can keep having a cry about it, it's just an opinion.
Do they know if human error is a factor or not? If there is human error, do they know if it was the captain or someone else. You seem to be hell bent on them saying something that they haven't ruled in or out yet as far as anyone is aware.

Your whole diatribe is nonsense and you continue on with it.

You went on about reports of the Captain being female being the cause of the wreck. Where are these reports?

And you are seriously naive if you think a statement saying diversity played no part would stop any noise or chatter. Educate about PR? :ROFLMAO:

The fact you keep trying to add in little personal digs like having a cry says it all really.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Do they know if human error is a factor or not? If there is human error, do they know if it was the captain or someone else. You seem to be hell bent on them saying something that they haven't ruled in or out yet as far as anyone is aware.

Your whole diatribe is nonsense and you continue on with it.

You went on about reports of the Captain being female being the cause of the wreck. Where are these reports?

And you are seriously naive if you think a statement saying diversity played no part would stop any noise or chatter. Educate about PR? :ROFLMAO:

The fact you keep trying to add in little personal digs like having a cry says it all really.
I haven't gone on any diatribes.

I have been commenting on what may be fuelling overseas speculation on the situation. And how that could be handled from a PR perspective to control the narrative.

Are we done on the topic because I'm worried you're going to burst into tears soon.

I haven't gone on any diatribes.

I have been commenting on what may be fuelling overseas speculation on the situation. And how that could be handled from a PR perspective to control the narrative.

Are we done on the topic because I'm worried you're going to burst into tears soon.
Yeah you have unfortunately.

Your suggestion on what they could have said, they said.

That literally the end of the story but you continue on, nonsensically.

Your responses have been a real education on PR :ROFLMAO: Thank god you aren't on the PR payroll.

Simple questions. Where has it been reported that the captain being female is the cause of the crash? And if you can send me a credible link on that, why should she be treated any different to any other Captain and have the Navy release a concise statement before any investigation has been completed?

Last edited:
Yeah you have unfortunately.

Your suggestion on what they could have said, they said.

That literally the end of the story but you continue on, nonsensically.

Your responses have been a real education on PR :ROFLMAO: Thank god you aren't on the PR payroll.

Simple questions. Where has it been reported that the captain being female is the cause of the crash? And if you can send me a credible link on that, why should she be treated to any other Captain and have the Navy release a concise statement before any investigation has been completed?
No it's you going on the diatribes.

And nobody said it was credible media or mainstream media - just a narrative gaining traction across social media and non mainstream media outlets.

It was Frank that raised how it was being talked about internationally and the traction that comes with.

My comment was the Navy haven't handled the PR or managed the narrative very well at all.

Keep whining about it though, very normal behaviour.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Sad business all around.Lucky no loss of life or major injury.
IIRC the Rena ran aground in Oct 2011 & the final report was published sometime in 2014.
The findings are a long way away if we use that criteria.
The Rena was sitting on top of the reef originally until she broke up/dismantled/salvaged.
Manawanui is reportedly in 150 m of water.Much more difficult recovery/inspection.
Social media is rampant with speculation .And appears they are not alone;);)

Last edited:
No it's you going on the diatribes.

And nobody said it was credible media or mainstream media - just a narrative gaining traction across social media and non mainstream media outlets.

It was Frank that raised how it was being talked about internationally and the traction that comes with.

My comment was the Navy haven't handled the PR or managed the narrative very well at all.

Keep whining about it though, very normal behaviour.
So no article from a credible source. Ok. Nothing you have actually seen. Ok. And you think any statement from the Navy is suddenly going to stop these 'social media' and 'non mainstream media' ignorant comments. Ok.

They have made the exact comments you said they should. Yet you think they haven't handled the PR or managed the narrative well at all. Ok.

You are becoming more unsound and irrational with each post. Please continue on. Love to see how far you will go with your nonsensical posting.

So no article from a credible source. Ok. Nothing you have actually seen. Ok. And you think any statement from the Navy is suddenly going to stop these 'social media' and 'non mainstream media' ignorant comments. Ok.

They have made the exact comments you said they should. Yet you think they haven't handled the PR or managed the narrative well at all. Ok.

You are becoming more unsound and irrational with each post. Please continue on. Love to see how far you will go with your nonsensical posting.
No the speculation I have seen relates to the diversity policy and how that may have caused the crash.
It was Frank that raised it was a narrative gaining traction outside of NZ and I had seen posts also.

This very topic was also covered on RNZ Morning Report and comedically on the Hauraki Breakfast show.

I never said it was credible media peddling that line or that the captain was at fault...
Just the lack of decisive comms fuels the speculation.

Keep having a near mental breakdown about it though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
No the speculation I have seen relates to the diversity policy and how that may have caused the crash.
It was Frank that raised it was a narrative gaining traction outside of NZ and I had seen posts also.

This very topic was also covered on RNZ Morning Report and comedically on the Hauraki Breakfast show.

I never said it was credible media peddling that line or that the captain was at fault...

I'm sure Inruin Inruin obsessively needing to argue about this is riveting for the forum

blah blah blah.

They should say this....

Um they have.

Well its not good enough

:ROFLMAO:

More unsound and irrational with each post

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Why agriculture is important to all New Zealanders: Dr Jacqueline Rowarth​

By Jacqueline Rowarth
Adjunct Professor Lincoln University·The Country·
8 Oct, 2024 03:00 PM5 mins to read

Regional Development Minister Shane Jones says it's too hard to produce food in New Zealand. Photo / Mark Mitchell

Regional Development Minister Shane Jones says it's "too hard" to produce food in New Zealand. Photo / Mark Mitchell
THREE KEY FACTS
Dr Jacqueline Rowarth, adjunct professor at Lincoln University, is a director of DairyNZ, Ravensdown and Deer Industry NZ. She is also a member of the Scientific Council of the World Farmers’ Organisation.
OPINION
Regional Development Minister Shane Jones’ words that it is “too hard” to produce food in New Zealand should strike a chill in the heart of every New Zealander.

Food constitutes almost 70% of the export economy, with about 10% from fibre.
The income circulates in ever-increasing circles — and when it stops, the ripples spread in a negative fashion.
The closure of businesses throughout the North Island has shown the problem.
From the central North Island and from Penrose the ripples are spreading — high power prices and businesses that are unsustainable.

In the South Island, it is ripples from meat plants that are being felt.
More bad news — T&G is closing its cold store in Dunedin.
Every business closure is a toll of the bell and zombie towns are in the news again.
Economist Shamubeel Eaqub put the term on people’s lips in 2014, and now it is back.
Exacerbated by stories of greener pastures over the Tasman, people are leaving New Zealand in record numbers.
The University of Wharton Best Countries Index shows why.
Of 89 countries, Australia ranks fifth overall, eighth in quality of life and has a job market score of fourth in the global index.
New Zealand is ninth overall and ranks 10th in quality of life, but is 14th in the job market ranks.
For affordability, New Zealand ranks higher (58th) than Australia (64th), but affordable countries score less well overall.
Thailand is ranked as the most affordable country in the world, but scores 28th in the best country rankings, Vietnam is second in affordability, but 44th overall and India is third, but 33rd overall.

Teasing out the data further reveals that New Zealand ranks first in caring for the environment, with Australia third.
For commitment to climate goals, New Zealand is third and Australia eighth.
Affordable countries don’t rate highly in these areas, nor in any of the social purpose indicators that New Zealanders value, including caring for animals and people.
Switzerland is at the top of the ranks in the best countries Index — but for climate goals, animal rights and even caring for the environment, it scores below New Zealand — and affordability is 0.5% (88th of 89 countries).
No country can have it all.

Every country has to make choices.
In democratic countries, the choice is guided by society voting for parties according to their policies.

These policies are guided by a range of factors including science, economics and ideology. The last one does not always create what is needed.
In May 2019, New Zealand attracted international attention launching a Wellbeing Budget that committed to putting people’s wellbeing and the environment at the heart of its policies.
The Wellbeing Budget was designed to use social and environmental indicators, along with economic and fiscal indicators, to guide the Government’s investment and funding decisions.
Then-Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern launched the approach, stating: “The purpose of government spending is to ensure citizens’ health and life satisfaction, and that — not wealth or economic growth — is the metric by which a country’s progress should be measured. GDP alone does not guarantee improvement to our living standards and does not take into account who benefits and who is left out.”

Despite increased investment in wellbeing since then, the StatsNZ release last month showed no change.
The report indicated an average overall life satisfaction score of 7.6 out of 10 (where 0 is low and 10 is high), which was similar to the mean rating of 7.7 out of 10 in 2021 and unchanged from 2018.
Resilience is to the fore; most people adapt to their situation and feel their personal sense of wellbeing is okay, though could be improved “if”.
But investment in that “if” doesn’t always create a difference in the longer term.
The problems with short-term thinking have been in the media.
Sense Partners’ report released in March highlights the issues.

“Short-term thinking is not going to cut the mustard. New Zealanders want to be prosperous and be good stewards of environmental and social resources. But we are trapped by inertia and low productivity performance, even as tectonic economic, technological, social and environmental shifts are upon us”.
How do we increase productivity and income to pay for the ongoing stewardship?
Sense Partners states that because nothing comes for free, “It will be important for the business community to speak with one voice on the key issues, and to show where firms are willing to incur short-term costs for the sake of securing longer-term policy stability. This should help politicians negate commitment problems at election times.”
The primary sector is trying to do its part in productivity and export income, but Shane Jones’ words are real — it has become too difficult.
No country can have it all.
We need food production for domestic supply and export income.

Other countries appreciate what has been achieved so far for the environment and climate change goals.
Investing in “wellbeing” hasn’t created a difference.
Fast-track projects are vital to stop the ripples spreading; it isn’t only Shane Jones who thinks the present state is too hard.
And it isn’t only Shane Jones that wants to be able to do better.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Surely if you lose power, the first thing to do would be to get the charts out to see where you are, and then drop an anchor so you don’t drift and hit anything. Like a reef, for instance

Surely if you lose power, the first thing to do would be to get the charts out to see where you are, and then drop an anchor so you don’t drift and hit anything. Like a reef, for instance
They were there to chart the reefs. So there were no charts. FFS

Last edited:
Back