• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Last year before the election I saw Sam coming out of a restaurant in Cherrywood.
I approached to ask a question or two.He grabbed his phone & said something like.
"Hang on I will just take this call".
I turned around & he jumped in his electoral VW(I think) & drove off.
Thought it was strange for someone hustling for votes.
Possibly shy ??
Introvert? Anxiety?

Weird. Can’t see him lasting.

NZWarriors.com
huh?!
it’s the first paragraph of the post article you posted.

so the question remains.
how do you justify a total
project cost of $562,942 taxpayer dollars to house 24 bicycles and two motorcycles for 1000 odd? staff in the building.

ESPECIALLY when as per the article there is an empty bike rack 50m up the road.

$21,615 per park. please tell me how that is value for money or anything other than reckless.
I would like to see the facts and figures about usage for all the bike lanes installed everywhere and the cost per journey.

They are all empty and you never see info about any increase in usage…

In 10 years time we will look back at the billions spent on bike lanes as economic self sabotage.

huh?!
it’s the first paragraph of the post article you posted.

so the question remains.
how do you justify a total
project cost of $562,942 taxpayer dollars to house 24 bicycles and two motorcycles for 1000 odd? staff in the building.

ESPECIALLY when as per the article there is an empty bike rack 50m up the road.

$21,615 per park. please tell me how that is value for money or anything other than reckless.
come on marv - your article (link below), a taxpayers union release that has basically made shit up to suit it's own agenda.

Inside that article is a link to the post article, which has a breakdown of all costs.

It's disingenuous and frankly bollocks to say the least to spin this entire thing as a bike rack. It's right wing bullshit typical of the taxpayers union.

Diane Calvert is clearly right leaning too. This is a complete beat up feeding into middle class conservative bias culture war crap quite frankly

1725583827417.png

I would like to see the facts and figures about usage for all the bike lanes installed everywhere and the cost per journey.

They are all empty and you never see info about any increase in usage…

In 10 years time we will look back at the billions spent on bike lanes as economic self sabotage.
Utter bullshit. Have a good day mate, the sun's shining, stay out the car and get some exercise.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
come on marv - your article (link below), a taxpayers union release that has basically made shit up to suit it's own agenda.

Inside that article is a link to the post article, which has a breakdown of all costs.

It's disingenuous and frankly bollocks to say the least to spin this entire thing as a bike rack. It's right wing bullshit typical of the taxpayers union.

Diane Calvert is clearly right leaning too. This is a complete beat up feeding into middle class conservative bias culture war crap quite frankly

View attachment 9461
dude, there’s essentially a fucking receipt in the article from the wellington city council!

Shelling out: the costs​

All told, the project cost $562,942.
SupplierMadsen & Green Contracting Ltd - construction
Spent by June 2024$307,453
Forecast
Total$307,453
SupplierARA Shelters - Design and Supply
Spent by June 2024$85,000
Forecast
Total$85,000
SupplierWSP - Civil Design and Construction Monitoring
Spent by June 2024$36,933
Forecast$2,950
Total$39,883
SupplierInternal Labour
Spent by June 2024$34,370
Forecast$3,296
Total$37,666
SupplierWellington Electricity (Downer Contractor)
Spent by June 2024$27,639
Forecast
Total$27,639
SupplierTilley Group - Bike racks
Spent by June 2024$26,000
Forecast
Total$26,000
SupplierRed Wolf Security - CCTV Cameras supply
Spent by June 2024$19,700
Forecast
Total$19,700
SupplierRed Wolf Security - CCTV Cameras install
Spent by June 2024
Forecast$10,000
Total$10,000
SupplierStephenson & Turner - lighting assessment, supply
Spent by June 2024$6,240
Forecast
Total$6,240
SupplierTilley Group - Rubbish bin
Spent by June 2024
Forecast$2,440
Total$2,440
SupplierWCC TA - Building Consent Exemption Fee
Spent by June 2024$921
Forecast
Total$921
Table: Sapeer Mayron, Julie Jacobson Source: Wellington City Council

PLEASE explain to me how $21,615 of tax payer money per bike park is anything other than reckless spending.

i’ve been out in the sun all day, they say you can’t beat wellington on a good day.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
This is so funny the discussion on the bike rakes.... one poster arguing his article is more accurate because it has a breakdown that shows that it cost $23,458:33 per rake and the other saying his article which says the cost of $23,458:33 is more accurate. Sorry to break it to you guys but the difference between the articles is only $2:41 to provide each rake (including two motorbike parks and a laneway which was only necessary because the bike rakes were installed). Don't really think the difference in each article is worth of the attention you're giving it. No matter which article you read, for a council in such financial strive and putting up rates by 20%, it's not a good look spending this much money on 24 bike rakes, two motorcycle parks and a 32m lane way when, only 50m away were unused bicycle rakes.

But, even more ironic is MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8 getting worked up about an article not being providing enough information when last week he was attacking posters on here questioning why an article wasn't balanced because it didn't provide enough information. Posters bias shining through again!!!

This is so funny the discussion on the bike rakes.... one poster arguing his article is more accurate because it has a breakdown that shows that it cost $23,458:33 per rake and the other saying his article which says the cost of $23,458:33 is more accurate. Sorry to break it to you guys but the difference between the articles is only $2:41 to provide each rake (including two motorbike parks and a laneway which was only necessary because the bike rakes were installed). Don't really think the difference in each article is worth of the attention you're giving it. No matter which article you read, for a council in such financial strive and putting up rates by 20%, it's not a good look spending this much money on 24 bike rakes, two motorcycle parks and a 32m lane way when, only 50m away were unused bicycle rakes.

But, even more ironic is MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8 getting worked up about an article not being providing enough information when last week he was attacking posters on here questioning why an article wasn't balanced because it didn't provide enough information. Posters bias shining through again!!!
that was my point exactly.
the cost of them is obscene.
and they are entirely unnecessary.
the cost breakdown is from council itself.

As a Wellingtonian the mere mention of bikes is enough to cause at least 50% of the people in the immediate vicinity to spontaneously combust 😂 bike lanes, bike racks, lycra clad bike riders hogging the road, it's hilarious seeing Stuff and facebook page comments devolve into full unbridled rage everytime hah!

I am on the side of bike lanes/racks etc would be a good idea if executed correctly, and that the way Wellington City Council have done it over the years hasn't felt particularly correct.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
As a Wellingtonian the mere mention of bikes is enough to cause at least 50% of the people in the immediate vicinity to spontaneously combust 😂 bike lanes, bike racks, lycra clad bike riders hogging the road, it's hilarious seeing Stuff and facebook page comments devolve into full unbridled rage everytime hah!

I am on the side of bike lanes/racks etc would be a good idea if executed correctly, and that the way Wellington City Council have done it over the years hasn't felt particularly correct.
too many of them are terrible.
the new shared path from
petone to the city will be epic though.
eastbourne to petone being done now too.

Yeah, I lived in Island Bay for a couple of years and regularly used my bike at the time (sans lycra 😂 ), and absolutely hated the Island Bay cycleway which just felt plain weird the way it veered in and out with parked cars sometimes on your left, sometimes on your right.

Gotta wonder how councillors brains tick sometimes.

The foreshore one in New Plymouth has been done brilliantly and over time has extended further and further around the coast as time goes on. Feels like a small Wellington at times with its brilliant artistic scene, but better
oh, you’re from there? i used to go to new plymouth all the time. i really dig it. great hospo scene too.
my friend brent runs the tattoo festival among other things.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
oh, you’re from there? i used to go to new plymouth all the time. i really dig it. great hospo scene too.
my friend brent runs the tattoo festival among other things.
Yeah that’s home, though I don’t live there. We’ve talked about it before, both knowing mean gene in the tattoo scene

We had a great social club called dirtbags tattoo club about 15 years ago. Great guy
hahaha awesome!
there was some rappers that called themselves dirtbag district too, any relation? louie knuxx, fact, etc?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back