• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Because we are living in Tauranga and we now have Mahe as our Mayor I have 2 questions for you Wiz.
1. Why has he been invisible since the election or am I missing something

2.If he wasn't a well-known sports person would he actually have been elected,?
1 - he just got outvoted over boat ramp charges. He wanted to keep them but a majority scrapped them. Could he be in a minority group and have no power?

2 - no. I didn’t vote for him… actually I didn’t vote. Didn’t like or know any of them well enough to vote.

Name reputation matters to much in politics.

NZWarriors.com
Much the same thing with Uffindell here in Tauranga.
I was at a venue where Sam’s kid was having a birthday party. He was meek and mild and almost scared to be in public?

Then he started playing with the kids and was chasing them around on a playground. He was being a monster and was going to eat them up if he caught them.

Lucky the left media wasn’t there or we would have had child abuse allegations 🤣

But anyway, he was just a normal guy playing with his kids when he relaxed.

You're confused. Your solution is part of the problem - an extreme form of capitalism called neoliberalism.

Everything we're experiencing now has been a result of 45 years of the same, same, same framework designed to extract wealth away from the poor and hoover it up to the already wealthy.
So just to be clear, if health needs are massively increasing (Older pop, more complex care), you don’t believe we need to increase our economy and by definition, our individual output (productivity) so we can collectively get more care than previously?

Don’t increase the pie just keep dividing it up more, forever?

Is that sustainable? Or will the rising outputs (health) exceed the lower rise in inputs (economic productivity)? Isn’t this exactly what we’re currently experiencing?

I was at a venue where Sam’s kid was having a birthday party. He was meek and mild and almost scared to be in public?

Then he started playing with the kids and was chasing them around on a playground. He was being a monster and was going to eat them up if he caught them.

Lucky the left media wasn’t there or we would have had child abuse allegations 🤣

But anyway, he was just a normal guy playing with his kids when he relaxed.
Last year before the election I saw Sam coming out of a restaurant in Cherrywood.
I approached to ask a question or two.He grabbed his phone & said something like.
"Hang on I will just take this call".
I turned around & he jumped in his electoral VW(I think) & drove off.
Thought it was strange for someone hustling for votes.
Possibly shy ??

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yes but "poor" candidates don't win if people dont vote for them. Generally leaders are a pretty good representation of the average citizen.

Yes but "poor" candidates don't win if people dont vote for them. Generally leaders are a pretty good representation of the average citizen.
Yes but "poor"candidates don't win if people know the whole truth about them.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
holy shit. that’s just obscene.

i guess all the people who don’t use the millions and millions of dollars worth of bike lanes need somewhere to park their bikes.
only 24 of them though.
talk about wasteful spending.
that’s nothing but a big fuck you to taxpayers.

Last edited:
holy shit. that’s just obscene.

i guess all the people who don’t use the millions and millions of dollars worth of bike lanes need somewhere to park their bikes.
only 24 of them though.
talk about wasteful spending.
Taxpayers union bullshit though. Click the actual article for a cost breakdown

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
right,
so an extra two motorcycle parks and a bunch of other stuff that didn’t need to be done if not for this new bike park.

so $21,615 per park?
not wasteful at all.

if bruce were still here, he’d have a bridge to sell you.
The bias is strong with this one. A day ago you were asking me if I read the shit I post. You could ask yourself that same question for your own post on this.

The bias is strong with this one. A day ago you were asking me if I read the shit I post. You could ask yourself that same question for your own post on this.
it’s in YOUR article, again! first paragraph;

“Wellington ratepayers have shelled out out more than $550,000 on the upgrade of a 32m laneway to accommodate a new designer bike rack and two extra motorbike parks.”

none of it was necessary.
and if it were, why the fuck would the council build spots for only 24 bikes with a staff of over 1800, at least 50% i would assume, in that building? what kind of incentive is that for people to bike into work when there’s nowhere to park your bike?

no one uses the bike lanes. they’re terrible. half of them have bus stops in the middle of them, half of them have businesses wheelie bins in them because the council has taken the footpath away.
there’s nowhere for walkers and runners, so they’re forced to use the bike lanes. so you’ve got the risk of cyclists hitting pedestrians and shoppers coming out of the shops that are going bust as a result.

who honestly wants to walk a kilometer down a windy thordon quay away from the city to look at furniture shops? no one apparently. companies that have been their are closing up shop because of unused and equally unusable bike lanes.

it’s becoming blindingly obvious why people are moving away from the left down here.

anyway.
i run a lot, so the bike lanes are great for me. just terrible for wellington.

it’s in YOUR article, again! first paragraph;

“Wellington ratepayers have shelled out out more than $550,000 on the upgrade of a 32m laneway to accommodate a new designer bike rack and two extra motorbike parks.”

none of it was necessary.
and if it were, why the fuck would the council build spots for only 24 bikes with a staff of over 1800, at least 50% i would assume, in that building? what kind of incentive is that for people to bike into work when there’s nowhere to park your bike?

no one uses the bike lanes. they’re terrible. half of them have bus stops in the middle of them, half of them have businesses wheelie bins in them because the council has taken the footpath away.
there’s nowhere for walkers and runners, so they’re forced to use the bike lanes. so you’ve got the risk of cyclists hitting pedestrians and shoppers coming out of the shops that are going bust as a result.

who honestly wants to walk a kilometer down a windy thordon quay away from the city to look at furniture shops? no one apparently. companies that have been their are closing up shop because of unused and equally unusable bike lanes.

it’s becoming blindingly obvious why people are moving away from the left down here.

anyway.
i run a lot, so the bike lanes are great for me. just terrible for wellington.
Actually marv, that article link is in the original scoop article, which was posted by the taxpayers union, which you posted. It contains a clear breakdown of all costs, and your own figures are incorrect . Not my article at all

Actually marv, that article link is in the original scoop article, which was posted by the taxpayers union, which you posted. It contains a clear breakdown of all costs, and your own figures are incorrect . Not my article at all
huh?!
it’s the first paragraph of the post article you posted.

so the question remains.
how do you justify a total project cost of $562,942 taxpayer dollars to house 24 bicycles and two motorcycles for the 1000 odd? staff in the building.

Shelling out: the costs​

All told, the project cost $562,942.
SupplierMadsen & Green Contracting Ltd - construction
Spent by June 2024$307,453
Forecast
Total$307,453
SupplierARA Shelters - Design and Supply
Spent by June 2024$85,000
Forecast
Total$85,000
SupplierWSP - Civil Design and Construction Monitoring
Spent by June 2024$36,933
Forecast$2,950
Total$39,883
SupplierInternal Labour
Spent by June 2024$34,370
Forecast$3,296
Total$37,666
SupplierWellington Electricity (Downer Contractor)
Spent by June 2024$27,639
Forecast
Total$27,639
SupplierTilley Group - Bike racks
Spent by June 2024$26,000
Forecast
Total$26,000
SupplierRed Wolf Security - CCTV Cameras supply
Spent by June 2024$19,700
Forecast
Total$19,700
SupplierRed Wolf Security - CCTV Cameras install
Spent by June 2024
Forecast$10,000
Total$10,000
SupplierStephenson & Turner - lighting assessment, supply
Spent by June 2024$6,240
Forecast
Total$6,240
SupplierTilley Group - Rubbish bin
Spent by June 2024
Forecast$2,440
Total$2,440
SupplierWCC TA - Building Consent Exemption Fee
Spent by June 2024$921
Forecast
Total$921
Table: Sapeer Mayron, Julie Jacobson Source: Wellington City Council

ESPECIALLY when as per the article there is an empty bike rack 50m up the road.

$21,615 per park. please tell me how that is value for money or anything other than reckless.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back