• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
Van Velden told Newsroom she would withhold the report at least until the second phase of the Royal Commission had concluded its evidence-gathering work. The second phase won’t start work until the first phase provides its report to Van Velden, meaning it will be several months until the first phase report can be released.

Doing so will allow the second phase clear air for submissions in response to their terms of reference rather than in response to the first phase’s findings. This will give Kiwis confidence that the Commission is able to act independently,” Van Velden said.

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Health said last week “the phase one findings will be held until the completion of phase two”. That’s not due until February 2026, which would be 16 months after Van Velden receives the first phase report.

do you read the shit you post?

Last edited:
Van Velden told Newsroom she would withhold the report at least until the second phase of the Royal Commission had concluded its evidence-gathering work. The second phase won’t start work until the first phase provides its report to Van Velden, meaning it will be several months until the first phase report can be released.

“Doing so will allow the second phase clear air for submissions in response to their terms of reference rather than in response to the first phase’s findings. This will give Kiwis confidence that the Commission is able to act independently,” Van Velden said.

That's her story, but I want to know the real nefarious secret agenda for the withholding MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

“Doing so will allow the second phase clear air for submissions in response to their terms of reference rather than in response to the first phase’s findings. This will give Kiwis confidence that the Commission is able to act independently,” Van Velden said.

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Health said last week “the phase one findings will be held until the completion of phase two”. That’s not due until February 2026, which would be 16 months after Van Velden receives the first phase report.

For somebody who doesn't trust politicians you sure loving jumping up and down to defend the current government. Odd.

The only reason to withhold the report is politics. I
The report is almost certain to be favourable given how the response is regarding across the world & backed up by all the data.

She is choosing politics over protecting the health sector from the threat of future pandemics.

We shouldn't be surprised given how many cookers are in the coalition government really should we.

For somebody who doesn't trust politicians you sure loving jumping up and down to defend the current government. Odd.

The report is almost certain to be favourable given how the response is regarding across the world & backed up by all the data.

She is choosing politics over protecting the health sector from the threat of future pandemics.

We shouldn't be surprised given how many cookers are in the coalition government really should we.
I'm hoping that any report will be a-political and actually look at what worked, what didn't and what needs to change before the next one.... and certainly not a "whose to blame" exercise as that will achieve nothing.

i like to keep it even. facts rarely lose to opinion.
i don’t trust politicians but what sense is there in us voting off of someone’s opinion? dont facts matter? the facts are all there.

agreed 100% that the previous government did as good of a job as possible at the time.
less so in hindsight i’m sure, but i do not for one second believe this government would have done any better.

if the first half of the report reflects poorly, and is released, you think the second half will magically make up for it?

wrong.

Last edited:
Really apolitical but it was a noteworthy day today and I congratulate Te Puhi Ariki Ngāwai Hono i te Pō Paki being crowned as the eighth Māori monarch

I wish her well and hope that she can successfully continue her father's mission to encourage unity among all NZers

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Really apolitical but it was a noteworthy day today and I congratulate Te Puhi Ariki Ngāwai Hono i te Pō Paki being crowned as the eighth Māori monarch

I wish her well and hope that she can successfully continue her father's mission to encourage unity among all NZers

Doing so will allow the second phase clear air for submissions in response to their terms of reference rather than in response to the first phase’s findings. This will give Kiwis confidence that the Commission is able to act independently,” Van Velden said.

As opposed to the right wing echo chamber condescending shit you post Marv? I don't read that either.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
i like to keep it even. facts rarely lose to opinion.
i don’t trust politicians but what sense is there in us voting off of someone’s opinion? dont facts matter? the facts are all there.

agreed 100% that the previous government did as good of a job as possible at the time.
less so in hindsight i’m sure, but i do not for one second believe this government would have done any better.

if the first half of the report reflects poorly, and is released, you think the second half will magically make up for it?

wrong.
The whole point of the report is to learn and prepare, protect the country from future pandemics.
What good does withholding the first part until Feb 26 do for the country exactly?

You seem very trusting on the ministers PR spin on this...

The whole point of the report is to learn and prepare, protect the country from future pandemics.
What good does withholding the first part until Feb 26 do for the country exactly?

i agree.
and i also agree its political.
my guess is the first half gives a reasonable enough assessment.
and the second half will be scathing.

it won’t matter though.
most in this country are blindly loyal to whoever they vote for anyway.

what surprises me though, is how people get upset when failure is called out.
like we stand on the street pointing at fat people but lose it when someone says oh your wife is fat.

it’s ridiculous.

As voters citizens of NZ we should be privy to the results of any commission or investigation.
They're supposed to work on our behalf after all.

All the cookers defending the pervert govt sitting on the first covid report where the 2nd report has nothing to do with the first. Cooker perverts gunna pervert

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
i agree.
and i also agree its political.
my guess is the first half gives a reasonable enough assessment.
and the second half will be scathing.

it won’t matter though?
most in this country are blindly loyal to whoever they vote for anyway.

what surprises me though, is how people get upset when failure is called out.
like we stand on the street pointing at fat people but lose it when someone says oh your wife is fat.

it’s ridiculous.
Political?
It won't matter though.
If that's fact why have an investigation then.
And then to conceal the facts. WTF

Political?
It won't matter though.
If that's fact why have an investigation then.
And then to conceal the facts. WTF
agreed.
because they can, doesn’t mean they should.

i think worldwide NZs initial covid response was very well regarded.
the economy afterward, not so much.

if this government (actually any government) can take some of the shine off that to their own benefit, they would and will.

agreed.
because they can, doesn’t mean they should.

i think worldwide NZs initial covid response was very well regarded.
the economy afterward, not so much.

if this government (actually any government) can take some of the shine off that to their own benefit, they would and will.
You actually mean "putting shit on the other mob"
No wonder we have problems.
Self serving cunts

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back