• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
100% sure.

it’s been a STEEP downward trend since before ol’ chromedome was even on the ticket.

wellington has always been a left and mostly even green city.
look at the history of mayors

people are getting to the point where they’re either done with it or desperate for a change of direction.

most of the other business owners i speak
with have done a real big 180 over the last couple of years.
What policies exact make you 100% sure?

I know Cuba street well - just like the Ponsonby / KRD in Auckland, They're suffering as nobody has disposable income because it's a recession.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
What policies exact make you 100% sure?

I know Cuba street well - just like the Ponsonby / KRD in Auckland, They're suffering as nobody has disposable income because it's a recession.
not really.
it’s more like the krd/old fort street

not policies,
flooding the area with people who had houses 2-3 suburbs away in one bedroom accommodation.
no common areas. no parking, no forethought to have family or any connection to anything close by. just temporary for years on end with no end in sight.

i hate to say it dude, but you’re wrong sorry.
i live here, i have directly affected businesses with CCTV to back it up, i have staff who don’t want to work nights, i have staff who get harassed, i have queer staff who have been intimidated for having green hair?!
i have police reports, i have other business owners in group who all have the same complaints.

trust me, or don’t.
it’s fucked because of them.

i’m not saying this government can or will fix it. but i am saying the previous government created it, are SOLEY responsible for it and do not want to hear a fucking peep about it.
they just won’t reply or acknowledge any of it.

Last edited:
not really.

not policies,
flooding the area with people who had houses 2-3 suburbs away in one bedroom accommodation.
no common areas. no parking, no forethought to have family or any connection to anything close by. just temporary for years on end with no end in sight.

i live here, i have directly affected businesses with CCTV to back it up.
i have police reports, i have other business owners in group who all have the same complaints.

trust me, or don’t.
it’s fucked.

i’m not saying this government can or will fix it. but i am saying the previous government created it, and do not want to hear a fucking peep about it.
So no policies or statistics at all... and no specific policies that the government are implementing to fix it.
But it's all Jacinda's fault...

Are you sure it's not 10 / 20 years of worsening inequality coming to a head? After a global pandemic & global recession

With a government implementing benefit sanctions while laying off a huge swathe of the workforce the Wellington economy relies on?

not really.

not policies,

i live here, i have directly affected businesses with CCTV to back it up, i have staff who don’t want to work nights, i have staff who get harassed, i have queer staff who have been intimidated for having green hair?!

trust me, or don’t.
it’s fucked because of them.

i’m not saying this government can or will fix it. but i am saying the previous government created it, are SOLEY responsible for it and do not want to hear a fucking peep about it.
they just won’t reply or acknowledge any of it.
Things are definitely not in a good place at the moment - that's pretty clear I agree.

two bizarre questions. On the beers?
You really seem to be determined to interject when you clearly don't follow NZ politics closely enough to do so.

I can educate you.

A Green Party MP was forced to resign and hounded out of parliament for saying she fudged a DBP app to feed her kid 20 years early.

Meanwhile a sitting Associate Minister of Health has been caught out having policy docs written by the Tobacco industry and getting a $200m tax cut for them.

Which is more worthy of a controversy?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
You really seem to be determined to interject when you clearly don't follow NZ politics closely enough to do so.

I can educate you.

A Green Party MP was forced to resign and hounded out of parliament for saying she fudged a DBP app to feed her kid 20 years early.

Meanwhile a sitting Associate Minister of Health has been caught out having policy docs written by the Tobacco industry and getting a $200m tax cut for them.

Which is more worthy of a controversy?
Uhh dramatic strawmans, no thanks. You can argue with yourself.

Quote "not a peep" unquote,. Out here talking "worthy of a controversy"

super shitty.
absolutely no doubt.

however,
some questions need to be asked of the previous government as to why so many KO homes were torn down during a pandemic and while they were putting us in and out of lockdowns.

i couldn’t tell you exactly how many people lived here beforehand, or why it was anything but fucking insanity to put them all in backpackers in the central city, but a lot of those people are as responsible for the death of courtney place, cuba street and downtown wellington as covid lockdowns, the economy, or other factor.

i have hospo and retail business interests in courtney place and blair street that are all directly affected by goons intimidating, begging and fighting if not robbing regular patrons and tourists alike.

i have hours and hours of video of begging on the streets and going strait into liquor stores, selling drugs, fighting other gangs and robbing beneficiaries taking their pay out at midnight or whenever it arrives.

the amount of CCTV i’ve sent ms whanau’s office over the last 18-24 months and had no reply is fucking wild.
in fact the amount of times i’ve seen her off her head and making a cunt of herself is even wilder.

numerous fights, a couple of closed down liquor stores that had been there decades.

the council and police are now trying to change liquor licenses to midnight instead of 4am because of them.

there was even someone beaten to death by one of these guys after he chased him down to the waterfront.
also a stabbing or two by the church on taranaki street,

all completely avoidable.
what do you expect when you put these people in essentially open jail cells?

tell me how the year or two before this government came to power was okay but the last 10 months were the backbreaker.

it’s a fucking shitshow.
and while i don’t for one second say or even think this government are better, you can’t say the previous government weren’t A LOT worse.

they broke this country (pamdemic or not) and now someone needs to
at least TRY and fix it.

sorry for typos.
long day.
Pretty grim marv. Were these people menaces to society when they were back in KO housing as well? Stupid idea to move them downtown but what do we do with them, not ideal having them in family housing develpoments either.

So no policies or statistics at all... and no specific policies that the government are implementing to fix it.
But it's all Jacinda's fault...

Are you sure it's not 10 / 20 years of worsening inequality coming to a head? After a global pandemic & global recession

With a government implementing benefit sanctions while laying off a huge swathe of the workforce the Wellington economy relies on?
dude, trust me, i hear you.
i’ve only voted once ever, it was for jacindas first term.

i ASSURE you, what i’m saying is true.

here’s the beauty of it though.
if you’d like you, you can just pretend it’s not true if you want to.
and that’s the problem.

within every group of society, there is shitty people.
it’s just a really terrible idea to lump a ton of them together in one bedroom accommodation in the central city. while you bulldoze their homes.

wellington has ALWAYS looked after its homeless.
fuck man, some of them have been local celebrities.

and these fucking losers went to rob and harass them and our mayor doesn’t even care?

you can and i don’t blame you, for disliking the current government but fuck me, some of the blind unapologetic love for the actual people that put is here is obscene.

Pretty grim marv. Were these people menaces to society when they were back in KO housing as well? Stupid idea to move them downtown but what do we do with them, not ideal having them in family housing develpoments either.
their patches would indicate yes, but who am i to judge.

the issue is concentrating any group of people in a small area.

imagine anywhere the size of courtney place flooded with hundreds of anything?

fishermen
tennis players
roller bladers
boy racers
ninja turtles
fucking hippies,
whatever man.

you get the idea.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
their patches would indicate yes, but who am i to judge.

the issue is concentrating any group of people in a small area.

imagine anywhere the size of courtney place flooded with hundreds of anything?

fishermen
tennis players
roller bladers
boy racers
ninja turtles
fucking hippies,
whatever man.

you get the idea.
I draw the line at hippies, it's Courtney Place not fukn Woodstock

dude, trust me, i hear you.
i’ve only voted once ever, it was for jacindas first term.

i ASSURE you, what i’m saying is true.

here’s the beauty of it though.
if you’d like you, you can just pretend it’s not true if you want to.
and that’s the problem.

within every group of society, there is shitty people.
it’s just a really terrible idea to lump a ton of them together in one bedroom accommodation in the central city. while you bulldoze their homes.

wellington has ALWAYS looked after its homeless.
fuck man, some of them have been local celebrities.

and these fucking losers went to rob and harass them and our mayor doesn’t even care?

you can and i don’t blame you, for disliking the current government but fuck me, some of the blind unapologetic love for the actual people that put is here is obscene.
Small correction - It did start before the last government. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/govt-...ncy-housing-grows/7GEXW57TEKEE6UZISXXHKOGCUM/

But the last government did a poor job at rectifying the situation, covid accelerated that, as did the 501s, the long term effects of neoliberalism that has resulted in generational damage, huge amounts of mis and disinformation, lack of social investment from all recent governments, lack of investment in integrative and wrap around care, running the police on the smell of an oily rag etc etc.

As juju alluded to, it's a complex mix that has been underpinned by an economic system designed to enrich the already wealthy that has been in place for over 40 years.

I've got no love for Labour. I've obviously got less than no love for the current lot.

i also just wanted to be clear that i don’t think that the country was humming until the last government took control.

i just think some people need to be more realistic.

ALL
POLITICIANS
ARE
CUNTS.

greens more the most lately, sadly.
but such is life.

the good news is,
every day is closer till we get to see what the country thinks and where we go from there.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
long term effects of neoliberalism that has resulted in generational damage, huge amounts of mis and disinformation, lack of social investment from all recent governments, lack of investment in integrative and wrap around care, running the police on the smell of an oily rag etc etc.
why can’t anyone be responsible for their own behavior anymore?

why is everything ALWAYS someone else’s fault and/or someone’s else job to fix?

what is it now?
rap music?
violent movies?
video games?
coloured people?
white people?
religious people?
all things we’ve blamed everything on in the past.
p
end poverty and we end crime?

please.
give me a break.
i subscribed to that until my 30s then gave up.

sometimes it’s okay just to call a cunt a cunt.
and there’s plenty of them.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back