• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
What a jerk!!! I hope his employers also don't take advantage of the on-site nurses and doctors or the nine psychologists on the payroll to tackle any mental health issues.

And heaven forbid any of them pay $20 per day for each child that gets looked and fed after in the company creche.

And I hope they don't enjoy breathing air produced through an air filtration system that minimises germs, and drinking water filtered so much that meets organic and pesticide-free thresholds.

And I'm sure none of them enjoy the art gallery open to all employers.

Oh, Stuff forgot to mention those things.... pity the Herald provided a slightly more balanced article.

What a jerk!!! I hope his employers also don't take advantage of the on-site nurses and doctors or the nine psychologists on the payroll to tackle any mental health issues.

And heaven forbid any of them pay $20 per day for each child that gets looked and fed after in the company creche.

And I hope they don't enjoy breathing air produced through an air filtration system that minimises germs, and drinking water filtered so much that meets organic and pesticide-free thresholds.

Oh, Stuff forgot to mention those things.... pity the Herald provided a slightly more balanced article.

This is doing the rounds in Aus. Usual Arts degree losers who have never had a productive job in their lives moaning the loudest. I pointed the numerous advantages he offered above and beyond whats required by the state and their heads exploded.

But arts degree losers who produce nothing of value, basically run the country.

PSA His onsite creche charges $20/d with food and medical staff. Average childcare cost in Aus is $180 a day.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
This is doing the rounds in Aus. Usual Arts degree losers who have never had a productive job in their lives moaning the loudest. I pointed the numerous advantages he offered above and beyond whats required by the state and their heads exploded.

But arts degree losers who produce nothing of value, basically run the country.

PSA His onsite creche charges $20/d with food and medical staff. Average childcare cost in Aus is $180 a day.
So you're arguing with people online outside this forum about how unproductive they are? Right...

I'm assuming you've worked there to say how great the "perks" are compared to the working conditions.
Yes Yes Yes of course you have.
Reminds me of the NZDF where they give you all the counselling you need but there are consequences when you use it.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
So you're arguing with people online outside this forum about how unproductive they are? Right...
No one said anything about ONLINE my dude. For the millionth time, your dislike of me has lead you to fail to even read my post properly.

Also I OWN the my companies, my productivity is measured in much different than employees.

I'm assuming you've worked there to say how great the "perks" are compared to the working conditions.
Yes Yes Yes of course you have.
Reminds me of the NZDF where they give you all the counselling you need but there are consequences when you use it.
Dont enlist if you dont want to make that trade

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
No one said anything about ONLINE my dude. For the millionth time, your dislike of me has lead you to fail to even read my post properly.

Also I OWN the my companies, my productivity is measured in much different than employees.
So these arts degree losers heads exploded in person? far out.

My wife goes out and gets coffee with her work mates. I get the social aspect of it. For me it is usually a Friday thing. The rest of the time I don't leave the office. I bring my lunch in and the instant coffee is fine.

I get where the guy is coming from. More so the general getting the coffee. He also mentions lunch time which to me is less of a thing if someone is leaving the building.

I actually mentioned this to someone at work today. The headline reads as a negative but it is a lot of expense put on so staff have what they need onsite. After having two kids go through day care there is a lot with that. The cost, getting called as you child has an issue, have to leave work in a hurry to get there on time. Having those costs would have been a godsend, I noticed the difference during covid. Having the childcare centre within the building would make getting to and from work easier. Getting down stairs to check on your child. The staff are also likely to stay there for the year their child are at that age so they can maintain the cheaper childcare.

We used to get subsidised gym fees. A lot of the staff would go during lunch time. I went with them occasionally but getting there and back, plus showered during lunch time was hard work. Having it onsite would make thinks easier. Go to the gym before or after work without leaving the premises. That would be great.

He's spending money to try and ensure his staff are productive. Some of these will also help with their health which would lead to less sick days.

Model employer. Couldn't offer staff anything more but still you moan. Even a union official couldn't think of anymore staff benefits than this bloke has provided. I agree with the working from home bullshit as well. Wait till more jobs start going to Singapore and Malaysia and such places where the workforce isn't soft and entitled and then listen to the chorus from the unemployed and their supporters.

Model employer. Couldn't offer staff anything more but still you moan. Even a union official couldn't think of anymore staff benefits than this bloke has provided. I agree with the working from home bullshit as well. Wait till more jobs start going to Singapore and Malaysia and such places where the workforce isn't soft and entitled and then listen to the chorus from the unemployed and their supporters.
Okay. So it's falling on the usual partisan lines, where the right and further right commenters on here all fall into line and get all righteous about defending the rights of the poor billionaires (while I'm dishing out the hyperbole let's add in the poor landlords and multimillionaires in need of those tax cuts). Fair enough. So far so predictable.

Let's ignore the loss of worker's rights eh? Let's ignore the fact that many businesses would have gone under if it wasn't for the workers during covid and their adaptability to be able to work from home, work on the front line eh, that's not important because that doesn't matter right?

I work from home four days a week in a city that is impossible to get anywhere, otherwise known as Auckland. You call it a privilege but I make sure I work my 8 hours, and I often work more. Many of my colleagues are the same, and this is common in many of the other industries that I have worked in. Our offices (i.t., banking, finance, insurance, television, telecomms) are pared back to only allow usually around 2/3rds of staff to attend at any one time, and it's all hot desking. They WANT and indeed NEED people to work from home.

And the employers don't pay for water, rates, electricity, toilet paper or anything else that you might need. Nope, they get all that for free.

In case you hadn't noticed, billionaires around the world are actively working to dismantle democracies and wind back human rights. OUR rights. All of us - on here, of all political stripes - our rights. Billionaires including assholes like this guy. We're regressing towards serfdom if we allow this to happen. Human rights are hard fought, and hard won for, and easily taken away, and we are witnessing this at a great rate of knots in the race to a low wage economy with higher unemployment, the contraction of decent journalism that holds people to account, all neolib tactics to enrich the already wealthy.

So come on you predictable commenters, let's not pretend this guy is even remotely altruistic.

There's other aspects and context that isn't being addressed - like control, and power. Like the fact this guy is effectively saying "I own you, you are my personal slaves and you will do what I tell you". The fact that he is openly stating he wants to restrict an individual's freedom of movement. That's called authoritarianism. That's fascist in nature. That's a violation of basic human rights.

Yes, yes, the eye rolling is loud, I hear the howls of "BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORK THERE!!!! HE'S SO BENEVOLENT!! THE WORKERS ARE JUST GREEDY AND SELFISH!!!". But look at his own words
1725048962190.png

This is who he is. This is who the billionaires are. Not all I'm sure, but there's quite a few who are actively wanting to fuck over everyone else and the planet RIGHT NOW. Of the rich, by the rich, for the rich. Like this government (I had to get that in, I'm equally predictable)

And let's look at what else he's looking to set up - he employs the psychologists - he will own the content of those sessions. He will know exactly which employees are sick, are mentally struggling, he will have access to all medical records, all personal information. He will know everything about that employee, about all employees.

Because He Owns You. That's where this is heading. You will say, "Oh that's bullshit", go back and read his words. His intent. It's pushing boundaries, and that's deliberate on his part.

And like most on the right there are the fictional claims with no facts that start this - the dead cat strategy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_cat_strategy#:~:text=3 See also-,Origin,facts are overwhelmingly against you". He offers no proof that people are working from home 3 days a week and claiming 5 days pay.

Because it's not about that. It's about the fact that there's a climate now where he's dipping his toes in the water and he's testing out if he can get away with the beginning of what he REALLY wants to happen - complete control and ownership. It's taking us back to the dark ages. No surprises either that this has come from a mining magnate who rampantly destroys the environment (yes that's a partial dog whistle.)

I find it odd that some on here are okay with this, but there's been a pattern of defending ideologically along a battleline without addressing the content, so I shouldn't really be surprised. I'm not okay with it at all, just in case you're wondering.

Have a great day everyone, enjoy the weekend, up the wahs, and here's hoping Webby has an amazing offseason with some excellent new tactics.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Okay. So it's falling on the usual partisan lines, where the right and further right commenters on here all fall into line and get all righteous about defending the rights of the poor billionaires
If the employees don’t like it they they are fully entitled to move to another employer.

None of us or the media have anything to do with it.

Okay. So it's falling on the usual partisan lines, where the right and further right commenters on here all fall into line and get all righteous about defending the rights of the poor billionaires (while I'm dishing out the hyperbole let's add in the poor landlords and multimillionaires in need of those tax cuts). Fair enough. So far so predictable.

Let's ignore the loss of worker's rights eh? Let's ignore the fact that many businesses would have gone under if it wasn't for the workers during covid and their adaptability to be able to work from home, work on the front line eh, that's not important because that doesn't matter right?

I work from home four days a week in a city that is impossible to get anywhere, otherwise known as Auckland. You call it a privilege but I make sure I work my 8 hours, and I often work more. Many of my colleagues are the same, and this is common in many of the other industries that I have worked in. Our offices (i.t., banking, finance, insurance, television, telecomms) are pared back to only allow usually around 2/3rds of staff to attend at any one time, and it's all hot desking. They WANT and indeed NEED people to work from home.

And the employers don't pay for water, rates, electricity, toilet paper or anything else that you might need. Nope, they get all that for free.

In case you hadn't noticed, billionaires around the world are actively working to dismantle democracies and wind back human rights. OUR rights. All of us - on here, of all political stripes - our rights. Billionaires including assholes like this guy. We're regressing towards serfdom if we allow this to happen. Human rights are hard fought, and hard won for, and easily taken away, and we are witnessing this at a great rate of knots in the race to a low wage economy with higher unemployment, the contraction of decent journalism that holds people to account, all neolib tactics to enrich the already wealthy.

So come on you predictable commenters, let's not pretend this guy is even remotely altruistic.

There's other aspects and context that isn't being addressed - like control, and power. Like the fact this guy is effectively saying "I own you, you are my personal slaves and you will do what I tell you". The fact that he is openly stating he wants to restrict an individual's freedom of movement. That's called authoritarianism. That's fascist in nature. That's a violation of basic human rights.

Yes, yes, the eye rolling is loud, I hear the howls of "BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORK THERE!!!! HE'S SO BENEVOLENT!! THE WORKERS ARE JUST GREEDY AND SELFISH!!!". But look at his own words
View attachment 9011

This is who he is. This is who the billionaires are. Not all I'm sure, but there's quite a few who are actively wanting to fuck over everyone else and the planet RIGHT NOW. Of the rich, by the rich, for the rich. Like this government (I had to get that in, I'm equally predictable)

And let's look at what else he's looking to set up - he employs the psychologists - he will own the content of those sessions. He will know exactly which employees are sick, are mentally struggling, he will have access to all medical records, all personal information. He will know everything about that employee, about all employees.

Because He Owns You. That's where this is heading. You will say, "Oh that's bullshit", go back and read his words. His intent. It's pushing boundaries, and that's deliberate on his part.

And like most on the right there are the fictional claims with no facts that start this - the dead cat strategy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_cat_strategy#:~:text=3 See also-,Origin,facts are overwhelmingly against you". He offers no proof that people are working from home 3 days a week and claiming 5 days pay.

Because it's not about that. It's about the fact that there's a climate now where he's dipping his toes in the water and he's testing out if he can get away with the beginning of what he REALLY wants to happen - complete control and ownership. It's taking us back to the dark ages. No surprises either that this has come from a mining magnate who rampantly destroys the environment (yes that's a partial dog whistle.)

I find it odd that some on here are okay with this, but there's been a pattern of defending ideologically along a battleline without addressing the content, so I shouldn't really be surprised. I'm not okay with it at all, just in case you're wondering.

Have a great day everyone, enjoy the weekend, up the wahs, and here's hoping Webby has an amazing offseason with some excellent new tactics.
Billionaires, millionaires, people that dare invest in property, those earning comfortably above minimum wage - you seem to think they’re all evil and owe society more than what they’re already positively contributing. Without all those people where would we be?

Billionaires, millionaires, people that dare invest in property, those earning comfortably above minimum wage - you seem to think they’re all evil and owe society more than what they’re already positively contributing. Without all those people where would we be?
Better off if the tax take was evenly distributed across society

Not all, and housing would be cheaper. And the tax take would be fairer. :)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back