• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics šŸ—³ļø NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
Guy whose mother was getting mortgagee sold. She owned a $1.6m property but owed $400k to the bank.

So heaps of equity but hadnā€™t paid any mortgage for 3 years, so bank had to act.

Compounded by her ill health and the son living at the place getting mortgagee sales.

Conspiracy must be people are hurting due to the high interest rates (although this was a 3 year saga). So Luxon has saved the poor mortgage holders and is strong arming the reserve bank so we donā€™t get a wave of people trying to redo a rage against the machine album cover.
So in other words it had nothing to do with the change in the official cash rate. Or does it...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
No I think the fact we are about to see massive redundancies across many industries, and the Reserve Bank are now finally aware of this, is a more likely catalyst.
Linked to this and getting serious again, I see many issues with the economy. Lots of fundamentals out of whack.

Lots of businesses squeezed, unprofitable and really struggling. The only way out is to increase margins/ profit - but thatā€™s inflationary and going to be difficult to do. Hard to grow profit with efficiencies as weā€™ve had years already trying to do that.

Could be a long slow recovery where a lot of businesses donā€™t make it.

Take advantage of genetic info like your likelihood for addiction etc. Lose it or sell it to someone who leaves it at the scene of a crime. Find out Trump is your dad. Lots of bad shit
Well I weighed all that up last year and decided it was all highly unlikely and probably just healthy paranoia due to my instinctual distrust of authority, then I sent my dna to some faceless company in Ireland to do who knows what with. What have I done.

Last edited:
No I think the fact we are about to see massive redundancies across many industries, and the Reserve Bank are now finally aware of this, is a more likely catalyst.
The new coalition. were pretty clear on planning to cut spending which was always going to have an impact given the extent of cuts. The RB surely could have foreseen this? Even just the impact of stopping KO building houses has a massive impact on the building industry at a time when houses weren't selling, it's not rocket science

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

iā€™m sure someone will find something to complain about there.

corruption, or neoliberalism at play, stripping a particular part of society of their rights or unfairly targeting someone or something.

personally, i think the less idiots in control of motor vehicles there is,
the better.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
When we think of housing affordability, we usually only consider the time spent saving for a deposit (if that can be achieved) or the ratio of the median household income to the cost the median house to figure out how long it would take the average house to pay of a house if all the take home pay was dedicated to the mortgage.

What is usually not taken into consideration is the household income required to comfortably pay back a mortgage. Overseas, it's considered that 30% of the median pay should be used to for mortgage payments.... in Auckland, it's currently 61% of the average household income. The median house value in Auckland is $1,020,000 so with a 20% deposit that means they are borrowing $816,000 which, at 7.06% one year (in June) means they are paying back $82,000. With a typical household income of $134,000, that means that family has 61% of their income goes in mortgage payments.

To make matter worse, to be at the overseas "comfortable" level of 30% for mortgage repayments, the household income has to rise to from $134,000 to $273,000 PA to afford the medium Auckland house.

And the rest of the country isn't that much better off... in Wellington, buyers would need a household income of $242,000 to be at that 30% comfortable repayment level, in Tauranga it's $213,000 while Dunedin households need an income of $158,000.

1724029778129.png

The figures above are from this article... https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/housi...y-buy-a-new-house/2MFWMI3SERADNIRMLEIHQNXBDU/

Last edited:

Could this be the beginning of what was recently talked about a once potential political pedophile ring?
If itā€™s the same case Iā€™m thinking of, heā€™s never been an MP but was involved in ACT as one of the top guys behind the scenes.

As far as I know itā€™s just this individual and thereā€™s no indication there was anyone else involved.

Independently Ron Brierley was convicted of having child sex abuse photos and was involved in local Wellington politics (independently and before act).

He was also a powerful member within business circles with close ties to many politiciansā€¦

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
When we think of housing affordability, we usually only consider the time spent saving for a deposit (if that can be achieved) or the ratio of the median household income to the cost the median house to figure out how long it would take the average house to pay of a house if all the take home pay was dedicated to the mortgage.

What is usually not taken into consideration is the household income required to comfortably pay back a mortgage. Overseas, it's considered that 30% of the median pay should be used to for mortgage payments.... in Auckland, it's currently 61% of the average household income. The median house value in Auckland is $1,020,000 so with a 20% deposit that means they are borrowing $816,000 which, at 7.06% one year (in June) means they are paying back $82,000. With a typical household income of $134,000, that means that family has 61% of their income goes in mortgage payments.

To make matter worse, to be at the overseas "comfortable" level of 30% for mortgage repayments, the household income has to rise to from $134,000 to $273,000 PA to afford the medium Auckland house.

And the rest of the country isn't that much better off... in Wellington, buyers would need a household income of $242,000 to be at that 30% comfortable repayment level, in Tauranga it's $213,000 while Dunedin households need an income of $158,000.

View attachment 8654

The figures above are from this article... https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/housi...y-buy-a-new-house/2MFWMI3SERADNIRMLEIHQNXBDU/
Not trying to downplay this real problem but using averages can be misleading.

First home buyers arenā€™t usually buying an average price $1m+ house. They buy the cheapest houses available. Also using the median income can be misleading. Only double income couples can afford a house and they usually include significant boarder income to bump up the income to above average to get the mortgage.

So in practice first home buyers buy $800k houses with above average income.

Non first home buyers typically have built up equity, so have much more than a 20% deposit so the serviceability is much lower.

Despite all this the 30% is preferable and our incomes are to low and house prices to high.

Interesting watch on breakfast this morning with St. Johnā€™s ambulance staff protesting down south regarding their latest offer. Luxon was on the show prior to interviews saying that the contract comes up in 2026 for renewal with them asking for 100% of funding to come from government. Luxon said nobody had approached him regarding 100% to be provided, which was shot down by the man interviewed saying he himself had been in contact prior to when Luxon had stated that nobody indicated it was an issue. Luxon finding that election promises are tougher to deliver on after so many were critical of the previous government

Interesting watch on breakfast this morning with St. Johnā€™s ambulance staff protesting down south regarding their latest offer. Luxon was on the show prior to interviews saying that the contract comes up in 2026 for renewal with them asking for 100% of funding to come from government. Luxon said nobody had approached him regarding 100% to be provided, which was shot down by the man interviewed saying he himself had been in contact prior to when Luxon had stated that nobody indicated it was an issue. Luxon finding that election promises are tougher to deliver on after so many were critical of the previous government
iā€™d be surprised if heā€™s had direct contact with the prime minister.

and if he had, i know he looks like a potato but could big LUXXX be so stupid as to say he hadnā€™t if there was a paper trail to say otherwise?

who fucking knows.
but i guess weā€™ll see, sooner or later.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back