• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

Not a political topic but police have announced that they have found remains while searching a farm in Christchurch for the body of real estate agent Yanfei Boa. Police haven't identified the remains yet but it was on a property they had previously searched and they've informed Yanfei's family of the discovery. New information received by the Police had led them to one specific spot on the property.

A 53 year old man, Tingjun Cao had previously been charged with murder.

NZWarriors.com
Companies dropping NetZero everywhere

Yeah Air NZ have very significant profitability issues to deal with over at least the next couple of years, so they need to prioritise cost efficiencies, otherwise they’ll once again be going back to their majority shareholder cap in hand.

$216m tax payers money put aside as a contingency for lost revenue.

How exactly is this putting New Zealand First?

yeah that's no good.

I'd be more than happy for nicotine to be taxed as much as reasonably possible. May as well fill up the coffers if people want to partake

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
TBH, I don't know what to make of this.

On one side, there's people saying it's a healthier option to smoking (including ASH) while others say there's no evidence of that.

While I think companies should diversify into new products, I don't like the idea of Phillip Morris basically getting a big subsidy. Then, they "could" pass that on to the consumers.... but I won't be holding my breath.

Then again, big car companies are moving from ICE to PHEV and EV's, and are getting applauded. Should we applaud Phillip Morris if these heated tabacco products do turn out to be "healthier" or still loathe them because they're a tabacco company.

Like I said, I don't know what to make off it.
It's corrupt Mike. Corruption clear as day.

It's two fold isn't it

The tax issue

and how easily it is for a company to influence the political system
Let's not forget the long term health effects that no one really understands but will no doubt have long term effects and costs, including lives and putting huge pressure on the health system. Which sounds remarkably similar to cigarettes when they first came out.

Which we managed to be world leaders in stamping out until this corrupt bought and paid for corporate and billionaire lapdog regressive piece of sht coalition came along.

Companies dropping NetZero everywhere

Probably because of the poor example set by this corrupt government backing retrograde and regressive policies to enrich billionaires and mega corporations, ignoring science and history for the short term gain of a few.

Probably because of the poor example set by this corrupt government backing retrograde and regressive policies to enrich billionaires and mega corporations, ignoring science and history for the short term gain of a few.
Or could it be that we’re in a recession right now and everyone is doing it tough and can’t currently find the funds to support the very significant cost of transitioning to lower carbon emission? In the case of Air NZ specifically, they in addition have major problems with the Pratt & Whitney engines in their fleet which has forced them to take on additional leases so they can maintain reasonable service levels. They’ll struggle to breakeven the next 2 years while at the same time have very significant committed capex.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Or could it be that we’re in a recession right now and everyone is doing it tough and can’t currently find the funds to support the very significant cost of transitioning to lower carbon emission? In the case of Air NZ specifically, they in addition have major problems with the Pratt & Whitney engines in their fleet which has forced them to take on additional leases so they can maintain reasonable service levels. They’ll struggle to breakeven the next 2 years while at the same time have very significant committed capex.
A manufactured recession that didn't need to happen.

yeah that's no good.

I'd be more than happy for nicotine to be taxed as much as reasonably possible. May as well fill up the coffers if people want to partake
and let’s tax the fuck out of all the junk food, fast food, alcohol and gambling that kill even more of the same demographic while we’re at it.

subsidize NZ grown/made whole foods out of the take.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
and let’s tax the fuck out of all the junk food, fast food, alcohol and gambling that kill even more of the same demographic while we’re at it.

subsidize NZ grown/made whole foods out of the take.
Careful. Beginning to sound a lot like Putin.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Careful. Beginning to sound a lot like Putin.

yeah dude.
it was more directed at those so upset or surprised or outraged like cigarettes are the only problem.
like the rest of the world should slow down and wait for those who can’t control themselves.

why are we so upset in this country over cigarettes but not say, pokies or KFC?

i do however think it’s not the worst idea in theory to tax junk food and subsidize whole foods. probably because i don’t eat that rubbish. (i drink more than enough to make up for it), i just think all that shit tastes fucking foul.

but what a wonderful world it would be for the consumer.
i don’t see a way it works in reality though, when you put into the equation minimum wage or mass layoffs and the absolute reaming the growers already take.

yeah dude.
it was more directed at those so upset or surprised or outraged like cigarettes are the only problem.
like the rest of the world should slow down and wait for those who can’t control themselves.

i do however think it’s not the worst idea in theory to tax junk food and subsidize whole foods. probably because i don’t eat that rubbish. (i drink more than enough to make up for it, i just think
it all tastes fucking foul.

i don’t see a way it works in reality though, when you put into the equation minimum wage or mass layoffs and the absolute reaming the growers already take.
all boils down to education. Fund that properly and you solve your problems.

all boils down to education. Fund that properly and you solve your problems.
fucking awesome!
achievable here though you think?
we have financial and generational obesity problems i’m not sure japan have.

yeah dude.

i do however think it’s not the worst idea in theory to tax junk food and subsidize whole foods. probably because i don’t eat that rubbish. (i drink more than enough to make up for it), i just think all that shit tastes fucking foul.

Pokies are well & truly in the firing line, DIA will copy the legislative changes in Australia - mandatory carded play with maximum daily limits. Bad news for Sky City.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back