Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

You could have just exposed a worldwide politician pedophile ring. Well done resident forum sex ring and pedophile conspiracy theory expert
Epstein was into it wasn't he? And the Tories were always suspect, I mean Tony Blair WTF. Europe, well just one big ring where the church rules.

NZWarriors.com
I’ve been giving the Brian Tamaki thing a bit of thought.

Being neighbours of some high up people in Destiny I have nothing but admiration for them as people, they give and give expecting nothing in return. They are the perfect neighbours. Their personal/ religious beliefs are irrelevant and never bought up as neighbours. I know they are in Destiny but have never heard it through them directly.

I also know these people have a background. Have previously been involved in gangs, trouble and dodgy stuff. But are older and more mature now.

So here is my take on Destiny. It’s basically a Maori based gang of extended whanau. Lots of intermarriage within the church. A big iwi under the guise of a religion. It offers the same support network and sense of belonging as a gang or an iwi. It has a big cross section of flawed individuals with some having dubious morals.

But they are trying to do better. Trying to lift each other up. Doing a lot of unrecognised social work. Influencing their society for the better. Living with a good moral compass.

Tamaki is a clown but these people are better being led by him than led by the local black power gang. Their members are the same demographic.,.

So is Destiny good or bad? All in the perspective. All I know is if you could choose between a Destiny neighbour or a random family - I would choose the Destiny neighbour every time.

I’ve been giving the Brian Tamaki thing a bit of thought.

Being neighbours of some high up people in Destiny I have nothing but admiration for them as people, they give and give expecting nothing in return. They are the perfect neighbours. Their personal/ religious beliefs are irrelevant and never bought up as neighbours. I know they are in Destiny but have never heard it through them directly.

I also know these people have a background. Have previously been involved in gangs, trouble and dodgy stuff. But are older and more mature now.

So here is my take on Destiny. It’s basically a Maori based gang of extended whanau. Lots of intermarriage within the church. A big iwi under the guise of a religion. It offers the same support network and sense of belonging as a gang or an iwi. It has a big cross section of flawed individuals with some having dubious morals.

But they are trying to do better. Trying to lift each other up. Doing a lot of unrecognised social work. Influencing their society for the better. Living with a good moral compass.

Tamaki is a clown but these people are better being led by him than led by the local black power gang. Their members are the same demographic.,.

So is Destiny good or bad? All in the perspective. All I know is if you could choose between a Destiny neighbour or a random family - I would choose the Destiny neighbour every time.
There is good and bad in every organisation, not really a news flash there. All I know is Tamaki has milked his congregation for everything he can

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
All I know is Tamaki has milked his congregation for everything he can
All perspective though isn’t it. Is it ok to lose a battle to win a war?

A lot in destiny are better off being reamed by Tamaki than if they chose a different path… a lot better off individually and we benefit as a society as well.

My neighbours are helping at the homeless shelter every week… more than I ever do.

All perspective though isn’t it. Is it ok to lose a battle to win a war?

A lot in destiny are better off being reamed by Tamaki than if they chose a different path… a lot better off individually and we benefit as a society as well.

My neighbours are helping at the homeless shelter every week… more than I ever do.
I don't think using your anecdotal evidence is enough to make me think Tamaki is doing good mate. When he is taking an apparent 10% tithe of peoples incomes, living in luxury homes and driving nice cars while his followers languish in poverty.. yeah, Destiny is not an organisation I'd want to associate with.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Does that say more about you than about them?
Possibly. They are very good people with a strong moral obligation to give back. A lot more than my homeless example - they just give and give.

I do my share - more than most but these guys blow me away. I guess I don’t have the weight of expectation on me that drives extra effort. I don’t have a god judging me all the time 🤷‍♂️

I don't think using your anecdotal evidence is enough to make me think Tamaki is doing good mate. When he is taking an apparent 10% tithe of peoples incomes, living in luxury homes and driving nice cars while his followers languish in poverty.. yeah, Destiny is not an organisation I'd want to associate with.
All good points. I’m not trying to defend Tamaki. I generally am against religion. But I think there’s more to it than we see in the media. People are free to follow him or not. There are no victims.

And I would disagree most live in poverty. Some would because some are self destructive characters but many average members are doing well off the back of a solid work ethic instilled in the members. Example they all seem to spend a day a weekend working for each other for free. A obligation? You want a deck built - a group of members turn up and do it - labour only for free. I’ve benefitted from this and feel quite guilty but it’s been eye opening how they just work every weekend wherever they can contribute and expect nothing in return.

Yes they tithe a lot but I believe they get more than what they contribute financially back in contra deals; social networking; a support network; etc.

Again I’m not pushing their cause. Take it or leave it. I just found their unique outlook on life quite fascinating.

All good points. I’m not trying to defend Tamaki. I generally am against religion. But I think there’s more to it than we see in the media. People are free to follow him or not. There are no victims.

And I would disagree most live in poverty. Some would because some are self destructive characters but many average members are doing well off the back of a solid work ethic instilled in the members. Example they all seem to spend a day a weekend working for each other for free. A obligation? You want a deck built - a group of members turn up and do it - labour only for free. I’ve benefitted from this and feel quite guilty but it’s been eye opening how they just work every weekend wherever they can contribute and expect nothing in return.

Yes they tithe a lot but I believe they get more than what they contribute financially back in contra deals; social networking; a support network; etc.

Again I’m not pushing their cause. Take it or leave it. I just found their unique outlook on life quite fascinating.
You're right it's not the parishioners anyone has a problem with, it's a guy like Scamaki having his own personal cult to prey on. But yeah they might be better off following him in some ways, just hope he doesn't go full Jim Jones on us.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I remember back in the day, Jeremy Wells referred to Tamaki as a “moral entrepreneur”

A description that is still fairly accurate

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

This government openly supporting gang takeovers of our roads.
This government is a disgrace, their moto should be gangs before law abiding citizens.
Where's dunpy Mitchell explaining this criminal loving governments decision to allow this to happen.
Weren't they the first to complain about this shit when Labour was in parliament.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
$216m tax payers money put aside as a contingency for lost revenue.

How exactly is this putting New Zealand First?

Looks dodgy as hell to my untrained eye
TBH, I don't know what to make of this.

On one side, there's people saying it's a healthier option to smoking (including ASH) while others say there's no evidence of that.

While I think companies should diversify into new products, I don't like the idea of Phillip Morris basically getting a big subsidy. Then, they "could" pass that on to the consumers.... but I won't be holding my breath.

Then again, big car companies are moving from ICE to PHEV and EV's, and are getting applauded. Should we applaud Phillip Morris if these heated tabacco products do turn out to be "healthier" or still loathe them because they're a tabacco company.

Like I said, I don't know what to make off it.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
TBH, I don't know what to make of this.

On one side, there's people saying it's a healthier option to smoking (including ASH) while others say there's no evidence of that.

While I think companies should diversify into new products, I don't like the idea of Phillip Morris basically getting a big subsidy. Then, they "could" pass that on to the consumers.... but I won't be holding my breath.

Then again, big car companies are moving from ICE to PHEV and EV's, and are getting applauded. Should we applaud Phillip Morris if these heated tabacco products do turn out to be "healthier" or still loathe them because they're a tabacco company.

Like I said, I don't know what to make off it.
It's really dodgy in that a Phillip Morris can so easily influence health policy.

And the ex NZ F staffers pulling the strings at Phillip Morris.

and the science of them being healthier isn't proven at all.

Shameless...

Back