• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

‘Ultimately none of the allegations of organised group abuse in state care settings described above were able to be substantiated by direct evidence’

What’s there to discuss 🤷‍♂️
Decades of appalling abuse by core institutions of New Zealand Society. Moral Conservatism as the outer construct able to keep these horrific circumstances hidden from public exposure - in other words, deeply ingrained corruption in the fabric of what is supposed to be the pillars of society. The colonial pillars. The statistics that are the foundations and genesis of gangs in New Zealand that you rant on about.

Ffs.

NZWarriors.com
Decades of appalling abuse by core institutions of New Zealand Society. Moral Conservatism as the outer construct able to keep these horrific circumstances hidden from public exposure - in other words, deeply ingrained corruption in the fabric of what is supposed to be the pillars of society. The colonial pillars. The statistics that are the foundations and genesis of gangs in New Zealand that you rant on about.

Ffs.
I was not commenting on the abuse in state care.

I was commenting on the article about an alleged MP Pedofile ring that was secretly investigated but there is no evidence.

The abuse in state care was horrific but that was not what my comment was about.

Ffs.
It was the staff and other "inmates" for lack of a better word, that were abusing young boys.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

I was commenting on the article about an alleged MP Pedofile ring that was secretly investigated but there is no evidence.

The abuse in state care was horrific but that was not what my comment was about.
Hopefully more investigations go on because the deeper they go, the more they could find. Obviously still some politicians living that are implicated for some to be fearful to come forward through potential retribution. Thought it was interesting the allegations towards police. It’s well learned through Louise Nicolas of the police culture in those days and could believe such things happening. The further they dig, the more one may be willing to expose another

Selling off nz, everything we own. Again.

Neoliberal ideology rampant. Again.

And you lot dance on the head of a pin to defend the indefensible. We're being sold out, sold off. Wealth extraction in the extreme. Regressive, destructive mob who don't give a fck about New Zealand or New Zealanders.

I take it you bank with Kiwibank?

Wow. The right wing posters on here don't like Bernard Hickey. quelle surprise
I don’t have any feelings towards the bloke. All I’m saying is that economists change their views all the damn time, him and every other one of them. Frustratingly, rather than feeling accountable for their often incorrect forecasts and opinions, they all seem to find it incredibly amusing.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

There was evidence but it could not be corroborated is very different from a categoric “there is no evidence”

It would be very naive to think that what the article suggested could not have occurred. If these allegations aren’t investigated until every turn is a dead end then the last 6 years of work by the Commission has been a waste of time.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
She might need surgery now, her head will be exploding today
Could be a real urge to expose those guilty in this potential pedophile ring. One doctor who performed some atrocities ended up heading to Aussie and died a couple of years ago getting away what he did. I think many of these victims are going to want to see perpetrators brought to justice

Could be a real urge to expose those guilty in this potential pedophile ring. One doctor who performed some atrocities ended up heading to Aussie and died a couple of years ago getting away what he did. I think many of these victims are going to want to see perpetrators brought to justice
Hope they're exposed if there are any more Ron Brierley's amongst them.

Hope they're exposed if there are any more Ron Brierley's amongst them.
Not sure how an apology could be an appropriate outcome if this becomes proven. Surely government would do all in its power to not let anything make the light of day that would substantiate claims. Although it’s not this particular government, it would be damaging to the image of NZ in general for people in power to have abused it and people. The potential compensation would be huge?

There was evidence but it could not be corroborated is very different from a categoric “there is no evidence”

It would be very naive to think that what the article suggested could not have occurred. If these allegations aren’t investigated until every turn is a dead end then the last 6 years of work by the Commission has been a waste of time.
‘No direct evidence’ stated in the article.

The allegations include: Abuse by politicians; abuse by police; missing kids buried under trees; missing kids thrown in lakes; kids working as underage sex workers in brothels; etc

Could have happened but could also just as easily be a miss mash of Chinese whispers and rumours which had ‘no direct evidence’ after being properly investigated.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Not sure how an apology could be an appropriate outcome if this becomes proven. Surely government would do all in its power to not let anything make the light of day that would substantiate claims. Although it’s not this particular government, it would be damaging to the image of NZ in general for people in power to have abused it and people. The potential compensation would be huge?
You're right it could seriously destabilise the country if big enough. A few elements of society would like that to happen too, lot of anger and division out there waiting for a release valve.

Wait a minute... Brian just announced Destiny Church isn't a church, it's a movement now... Liz's party is a movement... is there more to this than meets the eye? What if they've joined forces to shut down the country in December. Holy shit, maybe the Storm is coming.

You're right it could seriously destabilise the country if big enough. A few elements of society would like that to happen too, lot of anger and division out there waiting for a release valve.

Wait a minute... Brian just announced Destiny Church isn't a church, it's a movement now... Liz's party is a movement... is there more to this than meets the eye? What if they've joined forces to shut down the country in December, holy shit, maybe the Storm is coming.
American elections to come yet with trump vying for a second term. Many movements like Tamaki’s will be watching with keen interest as to what the do next

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back