• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
I’m not defending National at all, bunch of dickheads. My point is about the way the Greens have conducted themselves and, given their holier than thou attitude, the reality that they are just a bunch of hypocrites… and that their similarly holier than thou supporters will continue to defend.
I wasn't defending the Green MPs, bunch of dickheads and indefensible. My point was their actions aren't a reflection the people who voted for them.

meanwhile from Bernard Hickey
  1. Climate: Climate Change Minister Simon Watts issued the National-ACT-NZ First Coalition Government’s climate strategy yesterday, including a three-page document with five bullet points, no specific actions or targets and vague suggestion of an emission reduction plan in a few weeks. The strategy was ridiculed as a ‘pamphlet’ and as useless as ‘tits on a bull.’
  2. Health: Climate scientists and public health academics were scathing about the lack of detail in the strategy and a failure to acknowledge a cavalcade of policy moves since the Coalition’s election that are set to increase emissions by millions of tonnes and ramp up the Crown’s carbon liability under the Paris Agreement by billions of dollars, assuming that any Government in place in 2030 does not renege on the deal.
  3. Economy: Business leaders warned 80% of Aotearoa’s exports were now at risk because they are subject to clauses about meeting our Paris Agreement commitments on emissions reduction.
  4. Population: Emigration of Aotearoa’s youngest skilled workers to Australia and the rest of the world hit a fresh record high in May. The annualised rate of this brain drain is equal to almost 4% of the population, 50% higher than the previous annualised peak in 2011.
  5. Health: Whangārei Hospital ED nurse Rachel Thorn has warned patients are likely to die as budget cuts force untrained staff into dangerous situations.
  6. Climate solution: Aotearoa has an enormous opportunity to quickly and cheaply decarbonise our transport fleet and create enough battery storage to replace gas and coal-fired electricity, while also moderate the volatility of wind and solar. If only we could massively double down on importing batteries, panels and EVs from China, where battery prices have fallen 51% over the last year and two thirds of car sales are now EVs that are cheaper than petrol cars. The opportunity will only get bigger as the United States and Europe put tariffs on these Chinese battery, panel and car exports to protect their own industries, leaving massive supplies to be sold cheaply to Aotearoa.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Climate solution: Aotearoa has an enormous opportunity to quickly and cheaply decarbonise our transport fleet and create enough battery storage to replace gas and coal-fired electricity, while also moderate the volatility of wind and solar. If only we could massively double down on importing batteries, panels and EVs from China, where battery prices have fallen 51% over the last year and two thirds of car sales are now EVs that are cheaper than petrol cars. The opportunity will only get bigger as the United States and Europe put tariffs on these Chinese battery, panel and car exports to protect their own industries, leaving massive supplies to be sold cheaply to Aotearoa.
Interesting, are these cheap Chinese batteries a temporary fire sale though, what happens when they stop producing them because of the tariffs

Last edited:
Interesting Milton Friedman (famous economist) quote to ponder:

Look at this lead pencil. There’s not a single person in the world who could make this pencil. Remarkable statement? Not at all. The wood from which it is made, for all I know, comes from a tree that was cut down in the state of Washington. To cut down that tree, it took a saw. To make the saw, it took steel. To make steel, it took iron ore. This black center—we call it lead but it’s really graphite, compressed graphite—I’m not sure where it comes from, but I think it comes from some mines in South America. This red top up here, this eraser, a bit of rubber, probably comes from Malaya, where the rubber tree isn’t even native! It was imported from South America by some businessmen with the help of the British government. This brass ferrule? [Self-effacing laughter.] I haven’t the slightest idea where it came from. Or the yellow paint! Or the paint that made the black lines. Or the glue that holds it together.

Literally thousands of people co-operated to make this pencil. People who don’t speak the same language, who practice different religions, who might hate one another if they ever met! When you go down to the store and buy this pencil, you are in effect trading a few minutes of your time for a few seconds of the time of all those thousands of people. What brought them together and induced them to cooperate to make this pencil? There was no commissar sending out orders from some central office. It was the magic of the price system: the impersonal operation of prices that brought them together and got them to cooperate, to make this pencil, so you could have it for a trifling sum.

That is why the operation of the free market is so essential. Not only to promote productive efficiency, but even more to foster harmony and peace among the peoples of the world.

Interesting Milton Friedman (famous economist) quote to ponder:

Look at this lead pencil. There’s not a single person in the world who could make this pencil. Remarkable statement? Not at all. The wood from which it is made, for all I know, comes from a tree that was cut down in the state of Washington. To cut down that tree, it took a saw. To make the saw, it took steel. To make steel, it took iron ore. This black center—we call it lead but it’s really graphite, compressed graphite—I’m not sure where it comes from, but I think it comes from some mines in South America. This red top up here, this eraser, a bit of rubber, probably comes from Malaya, where the rubber tree isn’t even native! It was imported from South America by some businessmen with the help of the British government. This brass ferrule? [Self-effacing laughter.] I haven’t the slightest idea where it came from. Or the yellow paint! Or the paint that made the black lines. Or the glue that holds it together.

Literally thousands of people co-operated to make this pencil. People who don’t speak the same language, who practice different religions, who might hate one another if they ever met! When you go down to the store and buy this pencil, you are in effect trading a few minutes of your time for a few seconds of the time of all those thousands of people. What brought them together and induced them to cooperate to make this pencil? There was no commissar sending out orders from some central office. It was the magic of the price system: the impersonal operation of prices that brought them together and got them to cooperate, to make this pencil, so you could have it for a trifling sum.

That is why the operation of the free market is so essential. Not only to promote productive efficiency, but even more to foster harmony and peace among the peoples of the world.
All those people were exploited so we could buy it at Paper Plus

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Country kindy childcare centre is being closed by the MOE for paperwork issues and has taken court action to stop it. Now politicians are involved backing the service over the Ministry.

Reason for closure quote: “affirmation of children’s culture, language and identity was not consistently reflected in the curriculum; learning partnerships with tamariki and whānau Māori were not evident; and the service had not made clear progress with previous recommendations in this area.”

No indication of ill treatment of children or child H & S issues. Paperwork issues… The centre even hired a curriculum expert which found no issues in contrast to the Ministry.

Hopefully this case blows the Ministry of Educations ‘corrupt practises’ wide open. Yes, corruption - and I’ve been inside the industry. There is a clear ideological bias against private ECE centres (with plenty of evidence available) that is worse than the NRL’s Warriors shafting!

I will watch this case with interest.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you are referring to the report that reported the fairy running a ground was due to no one knowing to override the autopilot was to hold the button down for 5 seconds.

Government reports often seem to come down to really basic process failures.
Correct. Firstly, an investigation is not needed if they know why they ran aground and it is not a steering failure apparently. Secondly, operating auto pilot on a vessel is so basic, plus, even on auto pilot there would have had to have been at least one person on watch and that person would know the vessel is on auto pilot. When the vessel is not taking its usual route, that person should have over ridden auto pilot. Maybe there was nobody keeping watch.
The ferry along with the crew travel the same route day in day out. They should know the area really well, including currents , pressure swells etc.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Country kindy childcare centre is being closed by the MOE for paperwork issues and has taken court action to stop it. Now politicians are involved backing the service over the Ministry.

Reason for closure quote: “affirmation of children’s culture, language and identity was not consistently reflected in the curriculum; learning partnerships with tamariki and whānau Māori were not evident; and the service had not made clear progress with previous recommendations in this area.”

No indication of ill treatment of children or child H & S issues. Paperwork issues… The centre even hired a curriculum expert which found no issues in contrast to the Ministry.

Hopefully this case blows the Ministry of Educations ‘corrupt practises’ wide open. Yes, corruption - and I’ve been inside the industry. There is a clear ideological bias against private ECE centres (with plenty of evidence available) that is worse than the NRL’s Warriors shafting!

I will watch this case with interest.

I was concerned when I read the article. Is it the case of someone in MOE deciding the daycare centre was not Maorified enough?

I was concerned when I read the article. Is it the case of someone in MOE deciding the daycare centre was not Maorified enough?
Certainly reads that way. How ridiculous, clearly MOE with too much time on its hands. Also since when was curriculum overly relevant at pre-school level, it seems to be barely relevant at primary schools. Hopefully heads roll for this dribble.

this daycare isn’t far away from my farm, so i know some people who are friends with parents of kids there.

i’m told the story goes;
early last year the daycare was told it needed to tick a bunch of boxes, one being yes more maori and more teaching of te reo.
to the point where (not my words) weekday names, numbers, activities and place names were “more or less” only in te reo. no english.

the person who checks in on these places or however it works i guess wiz would know? decided they hadn’t got there yet.

now the problem they have is not because they’re refusing to do it, it’s because that box and others haven’t been ticked off yet.
(as in they haven’t gotten there with it yet. not the person ticking it off).

again, only what i’ve been told second hand so whatever, but sounds like they seem to think it’s way more ridiculous than it comes across.

this daycare isn’t far away from my farm, so i know some people who are friends with parents of kids there.

i’m told the story goes;
early last year the daycare was told it needed to tick a bunch of boxes, one being yes more maori and more teaching of te reo.
to the point where (not my words) weekday names, numbers, activities and place names were “more or less” only in te reo. no english.

the person who checks in on these places or however it works i guess wiz would know? decided they hadn’t got there yet.

now the problem they have is not because they’re refusing to do it, it’s because that box and others haven’t been ticked off yet.
(as in they haven’t gotten there with it yet. not the person ticking it off).

again, only what i’ve been told second hand so whatever, but sounds like they seem to think it’s way more ridiculous than it comes across.
Would it really be that hard to implement that before closure was threatened let alone a closure implemented? Really?

There will definitely be two sides to this story.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back