Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Would it really be that hard to implement that before closure was threatened let alone a closure implemented? Really?

There will definitely be two sides to this story.
agreed man.
and again, just what i was told.
i find country folk all kinds of strange.

Would it really be that hard to implement that before closure was threatened let alone a closure implemented? Really?

There will definitely be two sides to this story.
The issue is the implementation in the first place. Secondly, the bureaucracy built to police it and thirdly, the power of individuals within that bureaucracy to know what is best for a community and close the place.

Better believe if it was a Kohanga that was going to get shut down because they wernt following the ministry guidelines, then all the local racists on here would have a complete change of tune on the subject.
That is all

this daycare isn’t far away from my farm, so i know some people who are friends with parents of kids there.

i’m told the story goes;
early last year the daycare was told it needed to tick a bunch of boxes, one being yes more maori and more teaching of te reo.
to the point where (not my words) weekday names, numbers, activities and place names were “more or less” only in te reo. no english.

the person who checks in on these places or however it works i guess wiz would know? decided they hadn’t got there yet.

now the problem they have is not because they’re refusing to do it, it’s because that box and others haven’t been ticked off yet.
(as in they haven’t gotten there with it yet. not the person ticking it off).

again, only what i’ve been told second hand so whatever, but sounds like they seem to think it’s way more ridiculous than it comes across.
Marv, the first five years of my life were on a dairy farm in Colyton and then on a 24h block on Richardsons Line (between Bunnythorpe and PN). Agree with you that farming folk are strange!!!

Better believe if it was a Kohanga that was going to get shut down because they wernt following the ministry guidelines, then all the local racists on here would have a complete change of tune on the subject.
That is all
You are out of line accusing people ( me ) of being a racist.
If you can't offer an opinion without resorting to accusations of racism against others on this forum, find something else to do.

The issue is the implementation in the first place. Secondly, the bureaucracy built to police it and thirdly, the power of individuals within that bureaucracy to know what is best for a community and close the place.
It's total conjecture at this point...
& backed by David Seymour who is on a huge anti maori bent at the moment.

How many other schools and childcare spaces have been threatened by closure because of this issue... Perspective

It's total conjecture at this point...
& backed by David Seymour who is on a huge anti maori bent at the moment.

How many other schools and childcare spaces have been threatened by closure because of this issue... Perspective
So you are happy to accuse me and others of racism?
And don't over look the fact Seymour is a Maori.

Marv, the first five years of my life were on a dairy farm in Colyton and then on a 24h block on Richardsons Line (between Bunnythorpe and PN). Agree with you that farming folk are strange!!!
i remember you saying, yeah!
big changes likely in that corner with the new Te Utanganui rail hub.

Look at where your initial reply jumped straight too - without any actual facts being in the public domain.
It's such a predictable dogwhistle response to a mere suggestion of having very basic Te Reo as part of the curriculum.

Any ideas what the 17 non compliance issues actually were or the 7 the kindy has failed to comply with to find itself in this situation?
Why does this particular centre find it so hard?

Let's be honest David Seymour is maori only when it suits him.
His own Hapu disown him & he is totally embarrassing himself in the treaty discussion.
What Maori would say they're "sick of having indigenous rights forced down their throat?"

Look at where your initial reply jumped straight too - without any actual facts being in the public domain.
It's such a predictable dogwhistle response to a mere suggestion of having very basic Te Reo as part of the curriculum.

Any ideas what the 17 non compliance issues actually were or the 7 the kindy has failed to comply with to find itself in this situation?
Why does this particular centre find it so hard?

Let's be honest David Seymour is maori only when it suits him.
His own Hapu disown him & he is totally embarrassing himself in the treaty discussion.
What Maori would say they're "sick of having indigenous rights forced down their throat?"
I think in 30-40 years time, NZ will have a hybrid language with a combination of Māori and English.

Mate. I buy pens. How much global unity does it take to make a pen???

And if the pen is mightier than the sword then capitalism must be the key to global unity!

…Except now we all use the internet with increasing depression and hate. 🤔

I need a pencil.
Not sure what that means, the internet is causing depression and hate? Might be. I hate voice to text apps, they never get the kiwi accent right, should go back to pencils, can't go wrong with an HB.

Some of the most racist people against Maori are Maori, and I know quite a few, so what's your point about Seymour, are you saying because he's a Maori he can't be racist????? That's some Maori party MP way of thinking there.

Back