Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Isn’t it itrelevant. They would only keep it if it was economic and profitable.

Any private owner won’t sink money into a loss maker for 20 years…. But a govt would.
Merrill Lynch (now rebranded Merrill due to being busted for financial crimes) are one of the dodgiest investors out there, could be innumerable reasons for their ongoing investment that don't meet the eye, tax dodges, capital writeoffs, dare I say it, money laundering, we have no idea. Put your tinfoil hat on wiz, it's all a scam.

Who is going to get involved with new vessel builds after this fiasco.
The vessels are of huge importance to industry in NZ.
Not only the ships but ocean going tugs.
A lot has been said and proposed/suggested since the events of Friday night incident in Picton.
How would you know?
We will honour our contractual obligations, that is business.
The vessels are not of huge importance to industry in NZ.
Most freight is transported by road too and from ports. Napier the ratio is about 98% via road.
This is yet another ideological battle.

How would you know?
We will honour our contractual obligations, that is business.
The vessels are not of huge importance to industry in NZ.
Most freight is transported by road too and from ports. Napier the ratio is about 98% via road.
This is yet another ideological battle.
Surely its naive to think that no excessive penalties/çlauses will be built into any proposed contracts for a Kiwi shipping order.
To manufacturers especially S.I. shipping is hugely important.
The more freight carted by coastal vessels the better for taking pressure off our roads.
Because of the imbalance of freight in our coastal ports hundreds of empty containers are being repositioned around the country everyday.Imagine if they were moved by coastal shipping how much heavy traffic would be off our roads.

Surely its naive to think that no excessive penalties/çlauses will be built into any proposed contracts for a Kiwi shipping order.
To manufacturers especially S.I. shipping is hugely important.
The more freight carted by coastal vessels the better for taking pressure off our roads.
Because of the imbalance of freight in our coastal ports hundreds of empty containers are being repositioned around the country everyday.Imagine if they were moved by coastal shipping how much heavy traffic would be off our roads.
There will be penalties but those ship yards will still do business with us.
I agree about costal shipping. We just don't need those ships to be able to carry trains.

Isn’t it itrelevant. They would only keep it if it was economic and profitable.

Any private owner won’t sink money into a loss maker for 20 years…. But a govt would.
The left and right Governments have destroyed this country with the left wasting money on their stupid projects and the right always cutting the budget, when we need more investing in our infrastructure!

There will be penalties but those ship yards will still do business with us.
I agree about costal shipping. We just don't need those ships to be able to carry trains.
Depends on the size of the penalties?

Transshipping cargo is very costly & time consuming.

Mainly limiting the number of crossings these vessels can make.
Time being alongside loading/off loading when they could be doing their job.

Gee, and maybe that was the plan the whole time. Neoliberal economics 101. Run something down, manufacture a crisis, sell it off and blame government. Then privatise the profit, and push the expense to the public.
Again I remind you that Labor have had 7 govts to Nationals 4 in that magic 40yr timeframe you claim.

You neatly avoided that fact before, no doubt you’ll do it again.

Again I remind you that Labor have had 7 govts to Nationals 4 in that magic 40yr timeframe you claim.

You neatly avoided that fact before, no doubt you’ll do it again.
To be fair to him, he said neoliberal politics not National Party politics.

We all know about the mother of all neoliberal governments (& the mutant party it spawned)

Neoliberalism hasn't been a good thing for NZ at all.

To be fair to him, he said neoliberal politics not National Party politics.

We all know about the mother of all neoliberal governments (& the mutant party it spawned)

Neoliberalism hasn't been a good thing for NZ at all.
Thanks Juju. The right wing stormtroopers on here have a tendency to cherry pick, then contort into their own disinformation and blame their own interpretation on the original poster

so what’s your hope for the next election? if labour are out, the rest are starting to all look pretty radical aren’t they?
The greens aren't really radical, just left. My hope would be some sort of consensus to form some kind constitution that keeps vital infrastructure, areas like defense, health, policing, conservation, natural resources, housing, education etc mandated for the good of all New Zealanders, that all parties have a policy base aimed at having that as their core, and we see the end of short termist thinking.

Yes you can get up from the floor now and stop laughing. I know it ain't going to happen.

In it's place I'd settle for a party willing to invest in New Zealand in a progressive way, that promotes economic growth and investment and not wealth extraction for the privileged few. And I can't really be arsed expanding too much more on that, I've done so elsewhere and it's been a long day.

Privatisation neoliberal ideological madness
1719291970488.png

So we were planning on ferries with 100 year life spans. Overseas most ferries have banned EV’s because if they catch fire they are impossible to put out.

What happens if in 10 years half our fleet is EV’s? Would the ferries become unusable and obsolete?

Nothing about the politics but just wondering.
The difficulty with EV fires is the thermal runaway that happens when Lithium Ion batteries catch fire.
With the batteries being in a maritime environment I would assume that fixed firefighting systems (such as C02) would be in place to prevent any thermal runaway and making the fires easier to extinguish than your typical EV fire (if that is even a thing) would be in a car.

Anyone seen this yet?

Anyone seen this yet?

U scared of China bro

Back