• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

John Nick John Nick

Du Plessis-Allan probed as to whether those negotiations were so complex because of the cost of cancelling the contract.

Willis replied: “And also this question of whether or not Hyundai Mipo Dockyard would be appropriate to build smaller ships in future.”

So we are looking at smaller ferries and the same company building them?

NZWarriors.com
John Nick John Nick

Du Plessis-Allan probed as to whether those negotiations were so complex because of the cost of cancelling the contract.

Willis replied: “And also this question of whether or not Hyundai Mipo Dockyard would be appropriate to build smaller ships in future.”

So we are looking at smaller ferries and the same company building them?
So "looking at" and "whether or not".
Sounds familiar. Got anything more substantive Wiz ??

No just sharing the thinking going on -and how we could transfer the purchase to another ship.

Makes sense to me.
My disappointment is accepting second best again Ferries & Auckland Stadium
come to front of mind.
Do you understand/know the revenue from the Interislander freight services?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I don't know why everyone cares so much about the ferries, and is dyed in the wool about it

We've survived with crappy ferries and I'm sure we will, as a nation, survive with some other option. It certainly isn't something I'm prepared to take a position on. I'm not lying awake at night thinking about it

Worst case, container ships will just dock somewhere else, and cost of freight will go up. People will catch a flight instead of a ferry.

Am I missing something?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I don't know why everyone cares so much about the ferries, and is dyed in the wool about it

We've survived with crappy ferries and I'm sure we will, as a nation, survive with some other option. It certainly isn't something I'm prepared to take a position on. I'm not lying awake at night thinking about it

Worst case, container ships will just dock somewhere else, and cost of freight will go up. People will catch a flight instead of a ferry.

Am I missing something?
It’s the current biggest hang up for the left, won’t be too long before the revised plans are locked in & the detractors can move on to their next major concern.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Amazing! I could type the same thing back at you! This should help you: https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL2...great-ferries-cancellation-disaster-of-23.htm
Mmm…… an article where the author doesn’t think that the cost going up over 5 times the initial cost isn’t a blow out and who thinks building terminals with 100 year resilience which will be underwater in 50 years is a good idea.

And who doesn’t like the new cancer drugs because oncologists who continuously have to undertake continuing education, couldn’t learn about administering new drugs…. even though oncologists all around the rest of the world have learnt how to use them.

Pretty hard to take a Labour Party communication consultant to seriously. Just in the same way I don’t take the articles from Brash, Prebble or Joyce very seriously. Make interesting reading but all too clouded with their biases for my liking.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Mmm…… an article where the author doesn’t think that the cost going up over 5 times the initial cost isn’t a blow out and who thinks building terminals with 100 year resilience which will be underwater in 50 years is a good idea.

And who doesn’t like the new cancer drugs because oncologists who continuously have to undertake continuing education, couldn’t learn about administering new drugs…. even though oncologists all around the rest of the room have learnt how to use them.

Pretty hard to take a Labour Party communication consultant to seriously. Just in the same way I don’t take the articles from Brash, Prebble or Joyce very seriously. Make interesting reading but all too clouded with their biases for my liking.
Gordon Campbell is nowhere near the Labour Party.

Gordon Campbell is nowhere near the Labour Party.
From the few times I’ve met him and heard him at seminars, I can assure you who certainly is. Take a look at his werewolf site and you’ll find very little criticism of the last government.

I heard him around 10 years ago criticising John Keys government for not funding Pharmac and called it a health crisis….. but now he’s criticising the current government for calling things a crisis.

Like I said, I read a lot of opinion pieces from both sides of the political spectrum but don’t give any of them a lot of credit because of their bias.

One thing that has not been discussed in this ferry discussion is this.
Rail enabled vessels would be able to complete (weather conditions accepted) at least another return journey every day of the year. Probably more.
Think of the return in revenue rather than sitting at a terminal waiting for freight to be double handled on and then off again.

Last edited:
One thing that has not been discussed in this ferry discussion is this.
Rail enabled vessels would be able to complete (weather conditions accepted) at least another return journey every day of the year. Probably more.
Think of the return in revenue rather than sitting at a terminal waiting for freight to be double handled on and off again.
When the price is 5x the basic ferry cost we can just change to ferries that match the existing infrastructure and buy 5x the amount of ferries.

Heaps of ferries for the same kiwirail gold plated cost. Exposes how excessive the cost had risen.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back