General Warriors Harold Matthews 2024

Who's likely to be the 6 & 7 this weekend? From a distance they've been changing between Te Wao, Tyler Hansen & Thompson while the co-captain, Krone, has become a bench player after initially being the Five-Eight

Is it this weekend? On the NSWRL app, it says the games are Sunday 14 April.
Yeah it is the 14th sorry. That explains why there was no team listed last night.

Makes no sense to have a week off in a preseason comp when it's going to take 3 weeks to complete the finals series.

Yeah it is the 14th sorry. Makes no sense to have a week off in a preseason comp when it's going to take 3 weeks to complete the finals series.
No need to be sorry, I initially thought it was this week too. Apparently they keep this week in the bank for any weather affected games, so there is always a week off before finals - blessing or a curse for teams 1 and 2, as they will have two weeks off before playing a do-or-die semi final. If the Warriors HM team wins, they'll play the defending champs and Minor Premiers, Bulldogs.

Good luck to the Matt's boys today in their finals match against Parramatta. It's being streamed on the NSWRL app from 12pm NZ time.

1000002379.jpg
1000002380.jpg
1000002381.jpg
1000002382.jpg

That Jeremiah Lemana (no. 3) looks special. We haven’t been producing outside backs with that kind of speed lately. Only 16 this year too. Has another year of Harold Matts eligibility.

These junior teams really need to spend more time in the summer training. It’s clear we have more individual talent most if not all teams in this Harold Matts comp. But only just clicking now. Looked super rusty at the start and even team defense looks pretty poor in this game too.

Last edited:
That's Lukee.

He already plays Prem Grade in the Waikato comp for Taniwharau. Played for Waikato in the Dean Bell comp this year.

Not sure exactly how it works out (whāngai I think but don't quote me) but he actually has māori whānau.
I've got cousins blacker than that. He might just be Maori. Actually some of my cousins are blurple

That Jeremiah Lemana (no. 3) looks special. We haven’t been producing outside backs with that kind of speed lately. Only 16 this year too. Has another year of Harold Matts eligibility.

These junior teams really need to spend more time in the summer training. It’s clear we have more individual talent most if not all teams in this Harold Matts comp. But only just clicking now. Looked super rusty at the start and even team defense looks pretty poor in this game too.
Jerry is pure determination. Not big or particularly fast but he just wants to make it more than the rest. Physically he's not even the best of the u16s boys in the squad and isn't even the best player in his club side but is definitely the most determined and backs himself. And he wasn't on any NRL clubs radar this time last year, he was picked up from his performances for Toa in the PYC at the end of last year. I've said on the pathways thread that to me he's what I imagine Steve Matai was like as a 15 year old. The only knock on him is that he can shoot out of the line to put a shot on and miss altogether. Like Matai.

They all trained right through summer. They've gone a lot better since they brought the half over from the Knights but really I think they were playing catchup with the rest of the NRL pathways. Talking to a Warriors pathways guy, they already had a rough idea of what they were getting in the older grades but the Matts was a complete unknown. TJ was getting flak from posters on here before he got a chance to prove himself but the pathways have a number of really good local coaches sharing the load. Ex Fox and rep coaches contributing to the pathways as a whole.

Last edited:
Jerry is pure determination. Not big or particularly fast but he just wants to make it more than the rest. Physically he's not even the best of the u16s boys in the squad and isn't even the best player in his club side but is definitely the most determined and backs himself. And he wasn't on any NRL clubs radar this time last year, he was picked up from his performances for Toa in the PYC last year. I've said on the pathways thread that to me he's what I imagine Steve Matai was like as a 15 year old. The only knock on him is that he can shoot out of the line to put a shot on and miss altogether. Like Matai.

They all trained right through summer. They've gone a lot better since they brought the half over from the Knights but really I think they were playing catchup with the rest of the NRL pathways. Talking to a Warriors pathways guy, they already had a rough idea of what they were getting in the older grades but the Matts was a complete unknown. TJ was getting flak from posters on here before he got a chance to prove himself but what they don't realise is that the pathways have a number of really good established local coaches sharing the load. Ex Fox and rep coaches contributing to the pathways as a whole.
Who are the better prospects in this team in your opinion?

Tuiloma, Patterson, Laban, Booth and Pahulu look the pick of them

That Bay of Plenty kid is in the halves with the Knights recruit. He’s also under 16 so will be eligible next year. Good base for next year with him, Lemana, Bishop Neal etc

Who are the better prospects in this team in your opinion?

Tuiloma, Patterson, Laban, Booth and Pahulu look the pick of them

That Bay of Plenty kid is in the halves with the Knights recruit. He’s also under 16 so will be eligible next year. Good base for next year with him, Lemana, Bishop Neal etc
Siale Pahulu is the most athletic in the team at a guess. Tuiloma has been impressive. Those five all move up to Ball next year.

I think only 3 or 4 u16s have featured in this years campaign and a few more have been 18th man. Next years' squad will have a lot to live up to.

Siale Pahulu is the most athletic in the team at a guess. Tuiloma has been impressive. Those five all move up to Ball next year.

I think only 3 or 4 u16s have featured in this years campaign and a few more have been 18th man. Next years' squad will have a lot to live up to.
I've been quite impressed by Joseph Ratcliffe at fullback.

Back