General Warriors Harold Matthews 2024

The question was about Dougal Grant who played SI under 16s.
Saw Bishop on day one v Vulcans and he hardly touched the ball in the first half. Got it a bit more in the second half but usually just for hopeful barge ups.
They didn’t seem to have a plan to utilise him properly.
Today v Wellington he was closer to the action and you could see the talent but it’s like he was expected to do something sensational each time he carried.
Then got sent for what I would describe as reckless endangerment in a tackle.
My bad, I misread your comment.

NZWarriors.com
Bishop Neal was sent off today. Dangerous driving/dumping tackle.
As a ref, are you seeing more lifting tackles now than in previous years? I don’t know if I’m just noticing them now that they’re being scrutinised more or if they’ve become more prevalent in every grade. Is it because players are wrestling more to control the tackle maybe? I must see at least 3 a game now.

As a ref, are you seeing more lifting tackles now than in previous years? I don’t know if I’m just noticing them now that they’re being scrutinised more or if they’ve become more prevalent in every grade. Is it because players are wrestling more to control the tackle maybe? I must see at least 3 a game now.
Like you say, we are definitely scrutinising them more.
As soon as player is lifted we have to call held which has only really been a thing for 3 or 4 years now.

BTW was your boy in the 16s or 18s and what number was he wearing.
I reffed the 16s in their semi which they won with the golden point dropped goal.

Like you say, we are definitely scrutinising them more.
As soon as player is lifted we have to call held which has only really been a thing for 3 or 4 years now.

BTW was your boy in the 16s or 18s and what number was he wearing.
I reffed the 16s in their semi which they won with the golden point dropped goal.
If it hasn’t happened already, do you reckon players will potentially jump off the ground in some scenarios to be deemed in a dangerous position? Might sound ridiculous but the lengths players will go to in first grade to earn penalties is crazy

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
If it hasn’t happened already, do you reckon players will potentially jump off the ground in some scenarios to be deemed in a dangerous position? Might sound ridiculous but the lengths players will go to in first grade to earn penalties is crazy
Hey mate.
If they did then I will call held but make them wait ages to play the ball so the defence and markers can get set.

Back