Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You think farmers decimated and wiped out by a cyclone is in anyway similar to thriving, rich farmers wanting to grow their business on huge amounts of free govt cash simply because they are Maori?

The decimated farmers get less because some of it’s going to these freeloaders wanting a free ride to make even more money?

Us and them. Pork barrel politics.

Maybe I’m being harsh… it’s not like the govts broke, our schools, hospitals and roads are falling apart apart, etc. We’ve got heaps of money to give away for rich Maori business owners pet projects…
What a fucking idiot.

Since when is it wrong to punch a nazi? My grandad spent 3 years murdering the bastards in @Bruce's battalion.

"I'm no pacifist, I'm smashing fists
At every single racist prick I meet
I'm not having it, there's no "Kum ba yah"
To be found 'round here, no groovy beat
No liberal lefty cunt
Is gonna tell me punching Nazis ain't the way
If you wanna hold hands and sing
Go do it over there while the big boys play, okay"

View: https://youtu.be/ckf5Awk4fuU?si=XI0wrB-BmZzapAy0

How soon can we get nuke power plants installed and generating, and is there any realistic chance of it happening?
Where do you want it/ them to go. In your neck of the woods? Nah, didn't think so.
We're an earthquake prone country with risk for a few tsunami - from the Hikurangi trench if it decides the time is right for a tectonic plate shift - remember Kaikoura coastline lifting 1metre after CHCH? That's nothing? Think Japan then. Or Chenobyl.
For the safety experts out there ready with the improved safety etc, that shite stays around for generations if it happens.
Put it in the southern alps where noone lives? Active faultline.
And while it might not go like Chernobyl, waste has to be gotten rid of, any leaks and your land & waterways are ****ed. (Farmers would love that wouldn't they?)And then there's the distribution costs
We're one small country that would very quickly be exponentially damaged if an 'accident' were to occur. For generations of people, let alone unusable 'wasteland'.
Not fearmongering, just being practical. With advances possible in other areas of energy production we don't need nuclear. Invest in those areas.
Anyway, back to the question, in your neighbourhood?

Where do you want it/ them to go. In your neck of the woods? Nah, didn't think so.
We're an earthquake prone country with risk for a few tsunami - from the Hikurangi trench if it decides the time is right for a tectonic plate shift - remember Kaikoura coastline lifting 1metre after CHCH? That's nothing? Think Japan then. Or Chenobyl.
For the safety experts out there ready with the improved safety etc, that shite stays around for generations if it happens.
And while it might not go like Chernobyl, waste has to be gotten rid of, any leaks and your land & waterways are ****ed. (Farmers would love that wouldn't they?)And then there's the distribution costs
We're one small country that would very quickly be exponentially damaged if an 'accident' were to occur. For generations of people, let alone unusable 'wasteland'.
Not fearmongering, just being practical. With advances possible in other areas of energy production we don't need nuclear. Invest in those areas.
Yes, happy to have a small reactor in my front paddock. Benefits for the environment and planet in general far outweigh the risk IMO.

This is an idiot spouting hate speech:

Peeni Henare: “This is a fight that will not be fought just in Parliament. I lift my gun, and I let the shots do the talking.”

FFS. Waitangi is an annual disgrace.
Lol, I believe you are allowed to use metaphor when giving an impassioned speech - esp at Waitangi.

This is an idiot spouting hate speech:

Peeni Henare: “This is a fight that will not be fought just in Parliament. I lift my gun, and I let the shots do the talking.”

FFS. Waitangi is an annual disgrace.
I hope you also called David Seymour an idiot spouting hate speech when he said he would metaphorically "blow up" the Ministry for Pacific Peoples. But I doubt it.

Last edited:
I hope you also called David Seymour an idiot spouting hate speech when he said he would metaphorically "blow up" the Ministry for Pacific Peoples. But I doubt it.
Haha… and the left condemned him and called him out for hate speech didn’t they? And there is no angry mob agitated about Pacific Islanders like there are currently about Māori issues.

Quotes:

Chris Hipkins: “I don't believe that making jokes about blowing people up is a particularly funny or responsible thing for political leaders to do.”… “we have a particular duty of care to ensure that the statements we make don’t inflame tensions,”

Te Pāti Māori co-leader Debbie Ngarewa-Packer accused Seymour of spreading “divisive rhetoric”, characterising the comment as “hate speech”.

Haha… and the left condemned him and called him out for hate speech didn’t they? And there is no angry mob agitated about Pacific Islanders like there are currently about Māori issues.

Quotes:

Chris Hipkins: “I don't believe that making jokes about blowing people up is a particularly funny or responsible thing for political leaders to do.”… “we have a particular duty of care to ensure that the statements we make don’t inflame tensions,”

Te Pāti Māori co-leader Debbie Ngarewa-Packer accused Seymour of spreading “divisive rhetoric”, characterising the comment as “hate speech”.
That's their own prerogative. Personally, I see both speeches for what they are, metaphorical.

Can't call out one but say that the other is fine, due to your political leanings. That is hypocritical there Wiz.

Can't call out one but say that the other is fine, due to your political leanings. That is hypocritical there Wiz.
You mean like Hipkins did. Still waiting on the Maori part to criticise the hate speech as well…

I said at the time what Seymour said was stupid. They are both political theatre, but it’s a lot more dangerous with the current Maori situation and tensions…

You mean like Hipkins did. Still waiting on the Maori part to criticise the hate speech as well…

I said at the time what Seymour said was stupid. They are both political theatre, but it’s a lot more dangerous with the current Maori situation and tensions…
I have no control over Hipkins nor the Maori party, as I said it's my own personal thoughts.

There’s a reactor in a Sydney suburb. Canadian residents rate them highly.

What’s your experience or source of data?

Back