• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Your 2025 team

My 2025 team

1. RTS
2. Pasikala/DWZ, could let DWZ go
3. Leiataua
4. CNK
5. Moses Leo*** - would be an epic signing, storm may get him though
6. Metcalf
7. Martin - ifd he improves his kicking game he will b one of the better 7's he's mint on attack and D

8. JFH (cc)
9. Roache
10. Willison/Whyte/Thompson***
11. Halasima
12. Barnett (cc) - more impactful on an edge
13. Capewell - this is worth a shout, is pretty versatile and I think in this stage of his career he could be good ball playing lock who makes a lot of tackles

14. Egan - head knocks are an issue, paul roache has a brighter future sadly
15. Niukore
16. Zyon Maiu’u/Crosby/Sifakula - someone young too blood off the bench, crosby has a superstar potential
17. CHT - needs to bulk up could be good as a ball playing lock, extra back if necessary

(Dylan Walker in for CHT if he does return)

Any thoughts, feel free to debate.

NZWarriors.com
Ok, fair enough. I don’t dispute he has his upsides with ball in hand. Although IMO they’re exaggerated.

Stats (according the the league live app)

2024. 19 games, 11 tries, 152 ave metre, 80% tackle efficiency, 25 errors. (Ongoing)

2023. 20 games, 24 tries, 154 ave metres, 73% tackle efficiency, 29 errors. (SJ’s career best year)

2022. 18 games, 9 tries, 113 ave metres, 79% tackle efficiency. 24 errors

2021. 18 games, 9 tries, 159 ave metres, 77% tackle efficiency, 19 errors.

Hardly beyond reproach. That’s actually my point. He just completely flies under the radar IMO

In regards to 2023, you think RTS doesn’t have a similar or better year? I bet he doesn’t make half the defensive mistakes that DWZ continues to make 200 plus games into his career. That’s where the real difference is for me. He makes so many mistakes. Plus when he’s in no man’s land that “error” isn’t even counted as an error.

I think it’s no coincidence he’s only signed a one year extension.
Fair enough, I can appreciate your point of view. Re your question about how Roger would have gone on Dallin's wing in 2023 I guess we'll never know but I am sure any competent winger would have had a good year on that edge. That said, they weren't all easy finishes for Dallin, there were some great put downs.

I think CHT start and Walker from the bench could work well?
I don’t mind this CHT as the 13, i thought that was were they were gonna go this year bit after some adjustment time in NSW cup, he does have a similar look to tohu (size wise) and walker is great bench impact. I think with an health halves team we may have seen some time playing lock with tohu out

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I don’t mind this CHT as the 13, i thought that was were they were gonna go this year bit after some adjustment time in NSW cup, he does have a similar look to tohu (size wise) and walker is great bench impact. I think with an health halves team we may have seen some time playing lock with tohu out
Thought it was really interesting to hear SJ announce CHT as a ball playing lock rather than a halfback of five eighth in that video. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Walker start if he sticks around for his final season and CHT plays 14 with him and Tohu spending time at lock and CHT take over in 2026? Think he could do well and his mobility be a real asset as the game is speeding up. I agree though that vice versa could also work with Walker providing great impact off the bench. Would only be if CHT can get up to speed in the position in one preseason? For all we know he’s playing there at trainings? Was interesting to hear Pompey say he still plays in the halves at training sometimes. Webster must like to try all sorts?

It's ironic that Egan was actually a halfback that converted to hooker because Cleary and Luai were blocking his path to first grade in the Penrith junior catchment.
Perhaps, and I'm not advocating but merely suggesting that, CHT would be better suited to hooker than lock if he had to shift position?
Regardless, until we have two better halves, he will likely wear the 6 or 7 jersey..

It's ironic that Egan was actually a halfback that converted to hooker because Cleary and Luai were blocking his path to first grade in the Penrith junior catchment.
Perhaps, and I'm not advocating but merely suggesting that, CHT would be better suited to hooker than lock if he had to shift position?
Regardless, until we have two better halves, he will likely wear the 6 or 7 jersey..
I think it may be a bit to late, the specialty of hooker probably would require him to swap earlier. He would end up like walters, might he serviceable but would probably never be near the best hooker we could have. I think the broncos are really missing the fast crisp service from dummy half and thats why mozer is starting to be brought in.

lock could really run like a second 5/8, all he would need is a little more size but even that wouldn’t be a disaster if he stayed as is

I’ve been really impressed by Leiataua whenever I’ve seen him play 6 - I wonder if there is any thought of trialling him there next offseason, even just as injury depth.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I’ve been really impressed by Leiataua whenever I’ve seen him play 6 - I wonder if there is any thought of trialling him there next offseason, even just as injury depth.
I originally was not sold on him. Now I can see he can be a world class Centre. Get his defense sorted and he will be a beast. When has he played in the halves though?

I would be keen to see Taine as 14, he’s our best in NSW Cup and has the punt (debunk if untrue please), goal kicking & most importantly temperament to kick clutch goals. Imagine he was on the field vs Raiders, Dogs and Dolphins. Train his field goal kicks and dummy passes (No.14 level is enough) and he can come on at FB and Charnz to 6 or Taine straight to 6, and cover for Egan or Lussick when needed

Plus if Metcalf can’t kick goals or at the clutch, or injured, you’ve got another player to do it from FB or 6.

1- Tauapiki
2- Pasakila
3-Pompey
4- Leiataua
5-MGT
6- TMM
7- Metcalf
8 - JFH
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Halasima
12- Capewell
13- Sifakula

14- Ale
15-Niukore
16- Walker
17- Berry

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Hope TMMs neck is ok and he recovers quickly from his surgery.

I'm locking him in at 7. How bad would our season look if he didn't step up playing halfback - 5 wins and three close losses, two of them in golden point. And I'm locking Metcalf in at 6. Seems to have recovered well from his broken leg. Provides a bit of spark and speed. Needs to straighten the attack more and earlier but that will come the more he plays. His goal kicking looked assured as well tonight. Hopefully TMM and LM can get some time off and then launch in to preseason together. Build up their combination and playing style to hit the competition hard and fast from the start. I don't want us to go all the way to Vegas for a Ricky ambush.

Last edited:
D. Brown
M. Leo
A. Leiataua
R. Berry
M. Pasikala
L. Metcalf
T. Martin
J. Fisher-Harris
W. Egan
N. Whyte
K. Capewell
L. Halasima
M. Barnett

C. Harris-Tavita
D. Sifakula
M. Niukore
P. Roache

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Was having a look at some of the teamlists of the dynastic teams (multiple titles in a 10 yr period) the year before they played their first GFs.

Raiders 88
Broncos 91
Storm 05
Manly 06
Roosters 12
Panthers 19

Those teams were all young as hell and full of one club players.

Contrast with our teamlists this year and fuck our team looks ancient.

1000000335.jpg1000000337.jpg

1000000339.jpg1000000341.jpg1000000344.jpg1000000290.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000342.jpg
    1000000342.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 18
Was having a look at some of the teamlists of the dynastic teams (multiple titles in a 10 yr period) the year before they played their first GFs.

Raiders 88
Broncos 91
Storm 05
Manly 06
Roosters 12
Panthers 19

Those teams were all young as hell and full of one club players.

Contrast with our teamlists this year and fuck our team looks ancient.

View attachment 8636View attachment 8637

View attachment 8638View attachment 8639View attachment 8642View attachment 8641
Interesting Matt Orford at storm and manly, strikes me as a Capewell type signing. Would really like to see youth come in from next year to set up for the following year and beyond. Experienced campaigners like JFH, Barnett, Capewell, Tohu, RTS laying the platform of what’s expected and some beginning to be overtaken

I find it interesting that Tohu Harris and RTS aren't getting a lot of love for next year. Imagine the player we could tempt here with their combined salaries.

For next year I think we need two wings with speed and defensive nous and a top quality half. We've got a couple of fullbacks in CNK and Tuaupiki, plenty of centres, and our forwards look good.

Imagine what we could do with speed out wide and halves that can get the ball to them

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back