Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Sunday
Night
18:05

Dolphins

Team Lists

Thoughts on the AFB stand down - People have questioned why Addin was named when they had all of the information from the weekend already. I just watched Webster‘s press conference this morning and he didn’t mention anything about it either or questioned about it therefore I’d say this is a very deliberate plan to let the boys and the club enjoy the great win last week …… and it allowed for the emotion to die down, While they choose what they’re gonna do with Addin. If they always were gonna stand Addin down, Well it hasn’t dictated all of the league shows. And Webster and Addin haven’t had to answer any questions about it in the press either. The team would’ve known it probably right from the start so it won’t be disruption to them. It’s just great control of the media leading the narrative.

If The Warriors are turning into a great club - then we won’t find out the whole story just as we didn’t with Lodge. Results are the main thing with me - I don’t need to know all the dirty laundry as long as it’s been dealt with appropriately for the betterment of the club.

Furthermore - we are a better team with Addin - as long as he continues to put in like all the other games before the Panthers - I hope there aren’t people wasting their energy with boos around the ground as that won’t benefit our team either! (I know you are all free to choose and act how you like - just my take!)

Thoughts on the AFB stand down - People have questioned why Addin was named when they had all of the information from the weekend already. I just watched Webster‘s press conference this morning and he didn’t mention anything about it either or questioned about it therefore I’d say this is a very deliberate plan to let the boys and the club enjoy the great win last week …… and it allowed for the emotion to die down, While they choose what they’re gonna do with Addin. If they always were gonna stand Addin down, Well it hasn’t dictated all of the league shows. And Webster and Addin haven’t had to answer any questions about it in the press either. The team would’ve known it probably right from the start so it won’t be disruption to them. It’s just great control of the media leading the narrative.

If The Warriors are turning into a great club - then we won’t find out the whole story just as we didn’t with Lodge. Results are the main thing with me - I don’t need to know all the dirty laundry as long as it’s been dealt with appropriately for the betterment of the club.

Furthermore - we are a better team with Addin - as long as he continues to put in like all the other games before the Panthers - I hope there aren’t people wasting their energy with boos around the ground as that won’t benefit our team either! (I know you are all free to choose and act how you like - just my take!)
He's the best signing we've had in a very long time and probably came at a time when we needed it most, anything other than respect would be unacceptable, I'd like to think we're better than than that.

It is hard when we all have different back grounds and upbringings to say what is ok so we will all have to try to get along with each other as best we can. I was born in the 1970s and the morals and values I grew up with included
1) False modesty to the point of lieing. We would say we weren't good at maths even if we were top of the class. The All Blacks such as Grant Fox wouldn't take an interview question about an upcoming tour to Argentina as he would say he didn't know if he was going to be selected or not. While today's black caps and all blacks talk confidently about being good. Unheard of in my generation to admit you were good.
2) Criticising a lady in public even when she is in the wrong and is asking for it isn't something that would happen in the era I grew up in or at least how I remember it - unless she was a public figure like Margaret Thatcher.
agree, watching YouTube the other day and came across a yank talking about genxer's and looked it up and found out it relates to people born in the late 60's and 70's where working hard meant working hard (normal to work 8 hr shifts and over time as well etc work ethic),(my kids don't understand that concept), most of us didn't have cars in those days, so normal for us to either catch the bus or walk every where or if you're in the country ride a horse. the old number 8 wire mentality, sort it out yourself, don't look for help from every tom, dick or harry, be independent, don't rely on mum and dad etc. (my son was about 25 at the time, he rang me up to go and pick him up from work as he finished work early and he didn't have his car, I was really shocked that he rang me for that, so I told him to walk home (it was only around 8-10 km walk home), he packed a sad and just about cried me a river and then his mother went and picked him up), children were to be seen and not heard, when you got a hiding you got beaten black and blue not a smack, and a kick up the arse (was bloody sore) every adult male used that as a main instrument of doling out punishment to any wayward male child. on the subject of females different story, they were put up on a pedestal, we cherished our women folk, so can understand where you're coming from, however in the case of afb as a great philosopher once said "if it looks like a dog, if it barks like a dog, then it must be a dog" so from all the evidence I'm hearing on the forum, it's looking like afb must be very unhappy, not attending the team song, most genxers have always been told "suck it up buttercup" that's all you can do, not putting the boot into afb, that's just the way it's going for him and maybe he should suck it up and wait until the end of the season or look at leaving now as his personal life may be getting too hard for him whilst going through this slump here at the wahz, I don't know what's going on at home or his mum and dad's and if you can't enjoy such an amazing win with your fellow players, could that be a sign and I wouldn't blame him if he gave up as his generation are built really different differently resilience wise, just the hand you're dealt bro. I like the korero from the yank military, adapt and overcome or words of that nature. suck it up brother kia kaha - up the wahz!!!!

agree, watching YouTube the other day and came across a yank talking about genxer's and looked it up and found out it relates to people born in the late 60's and 70's where working hard meant working hard (normal to work 8 hr shifts and over time as well etc work ethic),(my kids don't understand that concept), most of us didn't have cars in those days, so normal for us to either catch the bus or walk every where or if you're in the country ride a horse. the old number 8 wire mentality, sort it out yourself, don't look for help from every tom, dick or harry, be independent, don't rely on mum and dad etc. (my son was about 25 at the time, he rang me up to go and pick him up from work as he finished work early and he didn't have his car, I was really shocked that he rang me for that, so I told him to walk home (it was only around 8-10 km walk home), he packed a sad and just about cried me a river and then his mother went and picked him up), children were to be seen and not heard, when you got a hiding you got beaten black and blue not a smack, and a kick up the arse (was bloody sore) every adult male used that as a main instrument of doling out punishment to any wayward male child. on the subject of females different story, they were put up on a pedestal, we cherished our women folk, so can understand where you're coming from, however in the case of afb as a great philosopher once said "if it looks like a dog, if it barks like a dog, then it must be a dog" so from all the evidence I'm hearing on the forum, it's looking like afb must be very unhappy, not attending the team song, most genxers have always been told "suck it up buttercup" that's all you can do, not putting the boot into afb, that's just the way it's going for him and maybe he should suck it up and wait until the end of the season or look at leaving now as his personal life may be getting too hard for him whilst going through this slump here at the wahz, I don't know what's going on at home or his mum and dad's and if you can't enjoy such an amazing win with your fellow players, could that be a sign and I wouldn't blame him if he gave up as his generation are built really different differently resilience wise, just the hand you're dealt bro. I like the korero from the yank military, adapt and overcome or words of that nature. suck it up brother kia kaha - up the wahz!!!!
Amazing post !!!!

He has form and took offence to Barney stepping in as skipper after Egan was ruled out. Nobody is bigger than the club, he is moving on and still hasn’t grown up.

Love the action Webby took. He was average last weekend, possibly worst game he’s played in a Warriors jersey. Back the club and standards.

I’m happy with the decision, if they turned a blind eye shows we have no backbone and sets the tone for the young lads.

Professional winning organisations don’t tolerate bullshit attitudes.

He has form and took offence to Barney stepping in as skipper after Egan was ruled out. Nobody is bigger than the club, he is moving on and still hasn’t grown up.

Love the action Webby took. He was average last weekend, possibly worst game he’s played in a Warriors jersey. Back the club and standards.

I’m happy with the decision, if they turned a blind eye shows we have no backbone and sets the tone for the young lads.

Professional winning organisations don’t tolerate bullshit attitudes.
Thought his form dipped a bit when lodge was here and wondered if he doesn’t like not being the dominant figure? Took exception to SJ picking up a club award over him too. A lot of sharks fans don’t necessarily want him to join this way if he is agitating for a release and would rather he joins them next year. Noticing some getting a bit concerned that he could bring a disharmony and concern of his form of doing this at two clubs if it eventuates

The club had the choice of keeping it in-house and blaming injury or outing AFB. The reasons they went public could be:

- this is the latest in a series of incidents and they have had enough.
- embarrass him publicly to force him to step up or step out (bring it to a head).
- highlight him as a trouble maker forcing him to either pull in line to counter that perception or act more petulant and pull public support behind the club if it gets messy.

Whatever happens from here the club has ramped up the stakes.

Amazing post !!!!
Watch out Wrighty
Wait for posts from dinosaurs like me and Bruce born in the 50 s

My mother who is still alive was born in 1926. As a kid in the UK during the great depression she used to eat bread and dripping-yeah google dripping!

In the war she was in the uK home army and had to drive a non synchromesh army bedford lorry.
So 1 -a manual
So 2 -non synchromesh

Google non synchromesh

Those were the tough generation born 1920-1945

Baby boomers gen x genz all relatively easy.

The club had the choice of keeping it in-house and blaming injury or outing AFB. The reasons they went public could be:

- this is the latest in a series of incidents and they have had enough.
- embarrass him publicly to force him to step up or step out (bring it to a head).
- highlight him as a trouble maker forcing him to either pull in line to counter that perception or act more petulant and pull public support behind the club if it gets messy.

Whatever happens from here the club has ramped up the stakes.

Given how he carried the team for the last few seasons, if it's the first or second time it would have been a private chat with benefit of the doubt given, or blamed on an injury as a cover story, instead of public humiliation via media release and giving fans something to blow up about

Back