Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Sunday
Night
18:05

Dolphins

Team Lists

I noticed at the the end of the game the bench was jumping around, may of been when the kick was missed or full-time but either way he wasn't even smiling thought it seemed strange. Really surprised the club has been so honest as they must understand that supporters/media are going to start to turn their back on him.
Seems like a man who likes the limelight. Maybe feels over-shadowed by the recruitment of JFH.(and fan's reaction to it). It will be interesting to see how much he puts in against the Cowboys after the bye.

Different era's Wrighty. People of all ages & genders are being held accountable for the shit that comes out of their mouth's. The invention of the internet is the worst & best thing that could of happened for human beings. The internet is a courthouse. And we are the judge, jury & executioners. You're right. Leave families out of it. Unless you're making a point of coming after us. Then i believe it's fair game. Keeping pg & classy of course.
If you cant say anything positive about a person, don't say...........

Couple of things. We may be being sucked into Sydney media conspiracy theory. Warriors story as far as zi know is that AFB had a poor game along with a rib injury was pissed off and missed a couple of protocols. He has owned that was wrong, backed up by the Club and his Manager. The Club had to respond and has. Now he has the chance to recover and maybe visit family. He stuffed up, he is human. Get over it.

The Dolphins are a good side our Forwards will have to perform against a tough, experienced pack. Personally I would have Mitch and Bunty starting in the middle with Lussick and Laban starting. He has earned it. Bench of Roache, Ale Jazz and Mai'uu..

Couple of things. We may be being sucked into Sydney media conspiracy theory. Warriors story as far as zi know is that AFB had a poor game along with a rib injury was pissed off and missed a couple of protocols. He has owned that was wrong, backed up by the Club and his Manager. The Club had to respond and has. Now he has the chance to recover and maybe visit family. He stuffed up, he is human. Get over it.

The Dolphins are a good side our Forwards will have to perform against a tough, experienced pack. Personally I would have Mitch and Bunty starting in the middle with Lussick and Laban starting. He has earned it. Bench of Roache, Ale Jazz and Mai'uu..
CHT and Niukore trained in first team colours today (not in rehab/reserves colours) so would expect both of them to be playing/on the bench somewhere.

Weird to name him to play all the same knowing he had failed team protocols

Weird to name him to play all the same knowing he had failed team protocols

Without knowing the facts of what happened since the end of the game, the posts suggesting an HR type process being undertaken would make sense.

Name him, gather the facts, then announce it.

If he isn't named they then need to announce an injury fib or start to field questions without having any answers - that's where you trip up.

I can't really see how it could have been handled any other way - in my eyes the club was able to make the right call with out putting pressure on themselves - a dream scenario really.

Any word on Taines baby duties? My ideal team this week would have him at the back and CNK at 6. I thought they were both outstanding last week in a good side.
Berry coming back I can live with. A change of halves may bring him into the game a bit more.
Fowards I would have Walker at 13, Ford (is he fit?) and Laban 2nd row, Barnett and Bunty with Roache.

in the reserves Niukore is a must. Maybe rotate him and Laban in shorter stints? Laban is so new and Niukore is coming back after a break so it would be good not to overcook them.
Tom Ale and Jazz are another must. Bunty seems to wear out quickly. So a bit more game time for the other two.
I don't know about the fourth reserve for hooker cover. Roache to play decent minutes if he's up to it after last week. And cover for him in case he struggles at all. So CHT if he's not covering 6 if Tuapikis on paternity leave. Or Lussick.
But neither of them really does much for me. They're both depth players rather than automatic starters. CHT plays hard and Lussick is probably the more experienced hooker but....
I would actually prefer Roache to play 80 with Walker, CNK, Jazz, and TMM chipping in to ease the load a bit. Which would open the door for Zyon Maiu’u. And that could be interesting

Not really, how often are the Tuesday naming correct?
Often with players under injury clouds or protecting a debutant, can’t recall a club standing a player down but naming them to play though

Reactions: CWC
Often with players under injury clouds or protecting a debutant, can’t recall a club standing a player down but naming them to play though

Other way around though, named then stood down.

If we stood him down then named him we would be the laughing stock of the league.

I just hope this drama does not affect the performance & confidence on Sunday, I am a bit keen to see how we do without AFB
I reckon they will surprise you and make a point to AFB in the process. Zyon Maiu’u off the bench with Marata is a glimpse of 2025.

My pick is the forwards really stand up this week and play as a united group.

I’m picking we beat these guys by 10.
Win pin them inside their 20, with slippery conditions and a howling gale - I expect Dolphins to struggle. After all, only their second game out of QLD Morons.

Cauldron atmosphere. 15 degrees and a crowd baying flor blood and to sing the team song for the first time in what seems like an age.

Bennett is a genius - but Webster has all the ammunition in the world. 4 point swing game. Back squarely into the hunt. Prove a point to our wantaway alpha prop. Make the supporters proud after a lean patch at home. Stuff a few origin aspirations.

And one match to the bye with most of our troops back on deck. Our young guys especially need to make a case to keep out the injured brigade. They need to earn their spots back.

I suspect Webby will want to own the middle and dominate the ruck this week. Win that and we will win the game.

1 point is enough.

Tomorrow afternoon will be feral. Can’t wait.

Back