• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Storm - Round 15, 2024

I got a nifty $50 on the Warriors.

I dont think the boys will fall asleep this weekend.
They, like the fans, will be absolutely pumped for this.

The last time I went to MSS was a few seasons ago and we left the game early - against the Storm.
I'm taking the kids again - one goal in mind - singing the victory song after the game!?
anyone know if they still doing that ???
Yep they still do it

NZWarriors.com
I have always believed that Dallin should play fullback (refer to his DM performance against the Dolphins) as he has the speed and strength to gain valuable metres after contact. Chanze could then take the right centre position outside Shaun with Rocco on the wing.

Dallin had a great game against the Dolphins, but I don't want to see us chop and change for no real reason. I remember Berry on the wing once, Maika Sivo says hello lol.

You mention Dallin would gain valuable meters post contact, Charnz is 7th overall in the comp for that stat so he's doing phenomenally well, and very unlikely Dallin tops him.

For me, CNK at the back AND Dallin on the wing means we have a top 6 fullback and one of the best wingers in the comp in those 2 positions, if you swapped Dallin there and CNK to centre neither would be in the top 20 for that position imo

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Interesting listening to Webster's press conference - saying he's learned a lot about Te Maire over the past few weeks. Hopefully that is an indication re how they will structure things on SJ's return. He clearly isn't a player that wants to be parked on one side receiving 20% of the ball, he needs ball in hand and he needs a bit of a licence to play both sides.

bit off topic but a bit odd that Melbourne only have 2 players involved with origin when the cows had 6. How do they have half the maroons team when they are mid-table team at best?

Hope CHT doesn’t get suspended for the savage red card incident 🤣

Dallin had a great game against the Dolphins, but I don't want to see us chop and change for no real reason. I remember Berry on the wing once, Maika Sivo says hello lol.

You mention Dallin would gain valuable meters post contact, Charnz is 7th overall in the comp for that stat so he's doing phenomenally well, and very unlikely Dallin tops him.

For me, CNK at the back AND Dallin on the wing means we have a top 6 fullback and one of the best wingers in the comp in those 2 positions, if you swapped Dallin there and CNK to centre neither would be in the top 20 for that position imo

Interesting listening to Webster's press conference - saying he's learned a lot about Te Maire over the past few weeks. Hopefully that is an indication re how they will structure things on SJ's return. He clearly isn't a player that wants to be parked on one side receiving 20% of the ball, he needs ball in hand and he needs a bit of a licence to play both sides.
How often do we hear Warriors coaches mention they learned something? ok it happens but it is always good to hear.

How often do we hear a Warriors coach say they learned something about a player potentially overlooked then planted in drivers seat?

Never.

I really like Webster, he has his head screwed on, he is secure in himself, and the large part of that is that he has a long term commitment from his employer.

To be fair to Warriors coaches past, they are embattled and admitting learning on the fly is like saying sack me I dunno what I am doing.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
How often do we hear Warriors coaches mention they learned something? ok it happens but it is always good to hear.

How often do we hear a Warriors coach say they learned something about a player potentially overlooked then planted in drivers seat?

Never.

I really like Webster, he has his head screwed on, he is secure in himself, and the large part of that is that he has a long term commitment from his employer.

To be fair to Warriors coaches past, they are embattled and admitting learning on the fly is like saying sack me I dunno what I am doing.
Shows how much TMM has grown as a player because I’m pretty sure they’ve spent time together at another club in a different grade?

Note that Dallin's AVERAGE metres would exceed Charnz (using number of runs as the base)

I got a nifty $50 on the Warriors.

I dont think the boys will fall asleep this weekend.
They, like the fans, will be absolutely pumped for this.

The last time I went to MSS was a few seasons ago and we left the game early - against the Storm.
I'm taking the kids again - one goal in mind - singing the victory song after the game!?
anyone know if they still doing that ???
👍.

Last 30 seconds.

View: https://youtu.be/7erJX2MUg8U?si=fl4zM_-q4nKFH2Jr

View: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSYSSF9Hb/

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

One thing about Metcalf is he was able to overcall SJ a lot. Metcalf got the ball when he wanted it most of the time, the key for that to work is not wanting it all the time!

I'd like them to take turns, 2 sets or 3 sets each - hard to manage etc but basically it's Te Maire's set, SJs set.

I'm finding the whole SJ v TMM debate misguided. The question is not "who should be halfback" which has caused much debate. The question is "How can we get both players being threats?"

I'm finding the whole SJ v TMM debate misguided. The question is not "who should be halfback" which has caused much debate. The question is "How can we get both players being threats?"

Yeah it is misguided. TMM was already SJ's halves partner when his form was rubbish, and has only cemented his spot further. The challenge for Webster, SJ and TMM is how they get them playing together properly.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back