• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Storm - Round 15, 2024

NZWarriors.com
I'm in the camp of SJ firmly back to 7. Also I would still say TMM or CHT at 6 is still a 50 50 call.

Martin has been good but he still isn't a shoe in at 6 for me. I am comfortable with either, maybe a touch on the TMM side purely for because Chanel is the perfect bench player for hooker and back cover
Yeah when you actually look at it it's not 7s we're short of as Tmm has merged into his role at 7 who offers premium back up, it's 6 with Luke Metcalf injured and Cht still coming back it's actually the 6 role not the 7 where we need a foundation.

Saw this and they interviewed Stacy Jones

Kemp thinks it might be time to speak with SJ and stick with the current halves, and after interviewing Stacy he said need to see when SJ took the team to A this year, TMM to B, if SJ can bring us to C or back to A this week

Stacy seems to indicate it’s about integrating SJ into the team when he is 100%, while SJ needs to have a look at his game

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VluU7N4_Ww0

Tony Kemp is so full of BS

Yes TMM has been good but to suggest 3 wins means you discard SJ? Dream on. Once teams do their homework on TMM those holes are gonna disappear… TMM makes everyone better but remains to be seen he can maintain that a whole season. SJ carried the team on his back last year. Laughable to suggest he should retire and make way for TMM. Ridiculous suggestion. Absolutely RIDICULOUS

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Yes TMM has been good but to suggest 3 wins means you discard SJ? Dream on. Once teams do their homework on TMM those holes are gonna disappear… TMM makes everyone better but remains to be seen he can maintain that a whole season. SJ carried the team on his back last year. Laughable to suggest he should retire and make way for TMM. Ridiculous suggestion. Absolutely RIDICULOUS

And while I want to give TMM his dues, not enough credit is being given to that forward pack to create the opportunities for TMM to exploit.

I'm in the camp of SJ firmly back to 7. Also I would still say TMM or CHT at 6 is still a 50 50 call.

Martin has been good but he still isn't a shoe in at 6 for me. I am comfortable with either, maybe a touch on the TMM side purely for because Chanel is the perfect bench player for hooker and back cover
How can it possibly a 50/50 call, you have TMM who has been setting up tries for fun the last 3 weeks and CHT who has done nothing of note, hmmmmm

And while I want to give TMM his dues, not enough credit is being given to that forward pack to create the opportunities for TMM to exploit.

I'm solidly in this camp.

TMM is only part of the reason we have gone so well.

What the coaches have done quickly is rejig the plan. It's worked well enough that a competent, classy, silky Half has been able to use his strengths.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I'm solidly in this camp.

TMM is only part of the reason we have gone so well.

What the coaches have done quickly is rejig the plan. It's worked well enough that a competent, classy, silky Half has been able to use his strengths.
TMM is getting raves outside this forum in NRL experts opinions.

Also yes we rejigged the plan, because the old plan that wasn't working was designed for Shaun Johnson, especially the last tackle plays and the right side attack.

TMM is getting raves outside this forum in NRL experts opinions.

Also yes we rejigged the plan, because the old plan that wasn't working was designed for Shaun Johnson, especially the last tackle plays and the right side attack.

Plan was rejigged with bodies back.

Webster himself said he has learned a lot about TMM.

TMM has the most try assists the last three weeks, his plaudits are well deserved, he has made the most of an opportunity.

His next opportunity is how to be a threat alongside SJ.

Totally agree about the role the Forwards have played recently. TMM has contributed to that by his direct style that straightens the attack. SJ for all his qualoties plays more laterally. I propose TMM continues as the strategic Half giving SJ the tactical role of counting numbers and taking options. For this to work they have to combine accentuating their individual strengths.

Bunty Afoa vs Jackson Ford

Bunty 2 runs 21m, 10 tackles 😳
Ford 19 runs 186m, 33 tackles!!!!! 💪

Seeya later Bunty I’ve found a new love!!!

I guess Bunty plays less minutes but it means I use up a bench spot and sub to get Ale on. Ale & Bunty together is a two for one in FORD. Ford is a BEAST. A huge game changer for us with that production at Prop.

The question I wonder can his body maintain that level of brutality week in and week out up the middle??. He needs to bulk up more or he’s an injury waiting to happen.

Him and JFH next year will be interesting to watch

1718046209539.jpeg

1718046255986.jpeg

1718046280077.jpeg

1718046302360.jpeg

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Bunty Afoa vs Jackson Ford

Bunty 2 runs 21m, 10 tackles 😳
Ford 19 runs 186m, 33 tackles!!!!! 💪

Seeya later Bunty I’ve found a new love!!!

I guess Bunty plays less minutes but it means I use up a bench spot and sub to get Ale on. Ale & Bunty together is a two for one in FORD. Ford is a BEAST. A huge game changer for us with that production at Prop.

View attachment 7786

View attachment 7787

View attachment 7788

View attachment 7789

He looks crazy good there.

Do want to see a bit more before making too many predictions.

In fairness, the Cowboys forwards were absolute trash, embarrassing even.

Comparing Ford against them vs Bunty against the Roosters is a bit tough.

In saying all that, I'm sure we would expect Ford to push better numbers than Bunty regardless.

Hard to deny everything is coming up Webster again, he was forced to change and my word have a few moves come up trumps!

Edit:
What were Buntys stats v Dolphins?

He looks crazy good there.

Do want to see a bit more before making too many predictions.

In fairness, the Cowboys forwards were absolute trash, embarrassing even.

Comparing Ford against them vs Bunty against the Roosters is a bit tough.

In saying all that, I'm sure we would expect Ford to push better numbers than Bunty regardless.

Hard to deny everything is coming up Webster again, he was forced to change and my word have a few moves come up trumps!

Edit:
What were Buntys stats v Dolphins?

Cows had some big boys in their pack

Dolphins
Bunty
34mins
9 runs 84m
19 tackes

Better. Adding Ales numbers together you get similar to Fords production

Again with Ford the value comes from saving a Sub and bench spot.

But agree need a larger sample size but it’s a great discussion to debate

Is Ford two for the price of one??
Is this the end of Bunty? & even Ale?!

Cows had some big boys in their pack

Dolphins
Bunty
34mins
9 runs 84m
19 tackes

Better. Adding Ales numbers together you get similar to Fords production

Again with Ford the value comes from saving a Sub and bench spot.

But agree need a larger sample size but it’s a great discussion to debate

Is Ford two for the price of one??
Is this the end of Bunty? & even Ale?!

Not the end of Ale.

Probably the end for Bunty.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Plan was rejigged with bodies back.

Webster himself said he has learned a lot about TMM.

TMM has the most try assists the last three weeks, his plaudits are well deserved, he has made the most of an opportunity.

His next opportunity is how to be a threat alongside SJ.

If he got passed the ball he could be a threat.

I tell you what, for all the folk that think SJ is not creating the problem, there is no escaping the truth when SJ comes back.

No argument can be made that gets SJ off the hook if TMM stops getting ball share again.

It is that simple.

Obviously like you and everyone else here I hope that SJ changes his game in line with what you acknowledge is Websters plan for his return.

If they suck as a pairing and TMM is receiving his ball share, then fine, your argument about learning to be a threat along side SJ is relevant.

Last edited:
No argument can be made that gets SJ off the hook if TMM stops getting ball share again.

It is that simple.

Fair enough, but how long do you give TMM and SJ (and Webby!) to formulate a plan on how to do this and then learn to execute said plan?

Because I've got news for a few of you....it's highly unlikely that all of that will be sorted out by this weekend.

Our next few games are:
Storm
Titans
Broncos
Doggies
Bye

For me, if we're not firing after the bye I think we're going to have to look a little harder, but jeeze it's going to be a brave coach to change things up on the home strait from Rd 20....

His comments are as good as his NRL coaching record.

Fair enough, but how long do you give TMM and SJ (and Webby!) to formulate a plan on how to do this and then learn to execute said plan?

Because I've got news for a few of you....it's highly unlikely that all of that will be sorted out by this weekend.

Our next few games are:
Storm
Titans
Broncos
Doggies
Bye

For me, if we're not firing after the bye I think we're going to have to look a little harder, but jeeze it's going to be a brave coach to change things up on the home strait from Rd 20....
the thing for me is, what are people expecting? If SJ comes in this game, the team looks good, we are using both sides of the field and he gets something like 2 try assists, 2 line break assists etc and TMM has 20 tackles, no line breaks, no assists etc. Will people be going TMM is missing, underutilised, etc etc??

Because the reality is that will more than likely happen. Everyone saying CHT had a good game on the weekend (and I think he did, complimented TMM and the team style well IMO) but he had no line breaks, no try, no try assist, no line break assist....

For me, whoever plays 7 gets the lion's share of possession and playmaking. Whoever is 6 is not going to. The team performance and the balance of play - ie opening up the entire field like we have been seeing the last 3 games is the important measure.

Its not imperative to me for TMM or CHT or whoever is at 6 to be heavily featured in these stats as long as the team overall is performing as we have seen.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back