Pick Your Team Warriors v Broncos - [Round 17, 2024]

The Cowboys conceded 60 points to the Tigers last year then came back and thumped them with 70 points or something, they went on a hot streak and could have gotten 5th at one stage if they won one of the late games in the last month, they tired out and faded in the last 2 weeks but a mid season drubbing is not the end of the world if the club sort out their junk

They had their boys to origin and came back gun, so let's hope Capewah and Barney come back and changes things

good points, but I'm not sure you can dismiss beating the three time champs, the team coming fourth and the Cowboys away and not acknowledge that the teams we beat in the other run were very average Raiders, Knights and a very poor Souths team. Also, you say it wasn't strategy in that run against the Panthers and Dolphins (and the Cowboys) but it was very noticeable the change in plan and attacking shape we had.

I guess the question that needs to be asked is whether the gameplan and team selections that we had previously and what it appears we have reverted back to is better at delivering a result than what we had in that 3 game period in between? I have to say, I'd rather go down losing to the three week period one (and particularly the Cowboys team list and use) than what we are currently doing.

Yeah for me, I think there has to be changes after such an epic drubbing like the weekend.

But I mean, looking at the team we had against the Cowboys, it's arguably our best team with the exception of Roger and SJ (and maybe a few small changes). I don't think we need to have CNK at centre, wing or half and bring in another 5 rookies....it's very unlikely that taking 5 seniors out and changing them with 5 rookies is going to see us start smashing teams all of a sudden.

If we don't address why all those players have been missing tackles, the nek man up is likely going to do the same thing, no?

Id go:
CNK
DWZ
MGT
Ali
Roger
CHT
TMM
AFB
Egan
Ford
Barnett
Capewell
Walker

Tohu
Niukore
Ale
Lussick

Walker to go nuts the first 25 minutes, Tohu comes on and plays 30 min at lock, before playing 10-20min at prop.
Niukore, Lussick and Ale to come on about that 30 minutes to lift (or maintain) the tempo before we finish with our best team on the park, with Walker, AFB, Niukore, Barnett, and Egan all on the last for the last 20

Marcello started inside Kosi at left centre. He was able to do his damaging runs more frequently and create space for his outside man - wouldn’t mind seeing this again, plus we get RTS on the wing.

Would love for Zyon Maiu’u get another run - he’s really impressed with his hard running.

The performance they put out against the Titans can galvanise a team, or poison it; really hoping for the former.

Id go:
CNK
DWZ
MGT
Ali
Roger
CHT
TMM
AFB
Egan
Ford
Barnett
Capewell
Walker

Tohu
Niukore
Ale
Lussick
I like this team except for Ali, I think he is injured and still some question marks on the defensive side of the game for me but is looking like the future. Other one is RTS. I just don't see where he fits for us that makes us stronger. Guess wing would be it, but he looked really out of sorts when he played right wing early this season. I had high hopes he would provide that spark we were missing at left center but he is a fair way off the pace there I think.

So, I think you and I agree on 15/17, would be 16/17 if Ali was fit and a marginal RTS.

Last edited:
Not expecting any changes. Webster showed his hand when he blurted out 'good' players returning before correcting himself and saying 'experienced'. He seems to covert experience more than we do.

Last week he mentioned that TMM and SJ worked out between themselves how they wanted to play when TMM was the dominant half. After the loss, he said they were always planning to tweak it and itll change. This week it was the complete opposite and back to the start of the year. Is our strategy that rigid that we cant have a playmaker on either side therefore giving options.

BTW our shape and players running decoys and bodies in motion is once again MIA. Was a key part of our success last year but this year its just non existent. That said i dont blame the attack for this loss, it was the soft as shit defence.

Even if wedont win another game this year, please dont fucking lose to the baby broncos during origin!

Last year seems like a total fluke where all the stars aligned.

After that train wreck on Saturday I would make sure RTS,SJ,TH both wingers and aah what the hell anyone else that doesn't want to put their balls on the line against the Broncos be locked in the changing shed.I just want a bunch of guys to stand up,play the game hard as and be proud.I don't want a bunch of wannabes or hasbeens lying down behind the goalposts leaking another 60 points.

1. Tuapiki
2. DWZ
3. CNK
4. MGT
5. RTS
6. CHT
7. TMM
8. Barney
9 Egan
10 AFB
11 Capewell
12 Marata
13 Walker
14 Laban
15 Ale
16 Sifakula
17 Afoa
18 Halasima

This is my team above.
We still have fantastic experience.
A very lively bench.
Obviously I have dropped SJ, Montoya, Jazz and Harris.
On current form of those players I believe we need to try the new options.
Ford and Pompey have been going okay but I think we have better players.

Last edited:
One of the challenges (unless im wrong) being that in May i understand we resigned Johnson on good money for two more years. Form has dipped further since then i believe, but if we are paying $700-850k per season then we dont want him playing reserve grade. He needs some time to recover from the lingering issues he has been hampered by. Some of his early season form was still quite good by way of try assists etc.
We also have RTS on good coin who perhaps is a bit of a pickle for us due to the fact he seems to have lost a couple of yards of pace and some of his explosiveness and is playing outside of his usual position.
CNK has earnt some time based on recent and past performance however he is blocking Tuapiki. AFB outside of a couple of carries looked quite disinterested. Definitely missed Barnett out there.
Tohu looked ok, defensively shouldered a big load but I find it difficult how there seemed to be such a poor attitude across the whole game yesterday.
Quite a bit to sort out it feels.

Unless I've missed something...

Multiple people have been posting that SJ has been extended.

I don't recall anything from the club confirming that.

In fact, his lack of extension by now could be contributing to his form. By all means, an extension seemed close but you would have to think his injury combined with the 3 game win streak without him may have caused the club to pause...

Unless I've missed something...

Multiple people have been posting that SJ has been extended.

I don't recall anything from the club confirming that.

In fact, his lack of extension by now could be contributing to his form. By all means, an extension seemed close but you would have to think his injury combined with the 3 game win streak without him may have caused the club to pause...

This was a month ago

Back