Old Men -
Capewell
CNK
Monty
DWZ
Walker

roughly half the starting 17
Clearly need to blood some youngsters.
RTS and Capewell seem to be big mistakes as they are on big coin for multiple years. I’m guessing a combine salary of $1.3-1.5m.
Kind of hard to gauge what’s needed. We are over experienced with some old legs and under experienced with some great talent.

Clearly need to blood some youngsters.
RTS and Capewell seem to be big mistakes as they are on big coin for multiple years. I’m guessing a combine salary of $1.3-1.5m.
Kind of hard to gauge what’s needed. We are over experienced with some old legs and under experienced with some great talent.
Time to give the youngsters crack before they look for first grade gigs elsewhere.

Would be interested to see what the reporters from Stuff/Newshub or Devlin has to say, they seem to have inside info
I don't know if AFB leaving is the catalyst for all of this. For the first 5-6 rounds of the season he was our best player. And yes there has been the team song instance but it cant be solely laid on this for a team performing the way it has.

This is the telling comment from the article for me:

“So it has been going on really since the start of the season.”

It took injuries and forced selections to show the way forward and what was wrong with the team. And now we have reverted back.

I don't know what we do this week. No doubt that whoever is put out there on the field will respond with a skyrocket up their backside, but against the Broncos, I feel that it has to be a win. There is no point in having an improvement which we all know is likely to happen. To get back on the horse and create any momentum to change the mindset, its a absolute fail without a win this weekend.

In the past, but not the last couple, I have always found the Broncos V Warriors matches as ones which we perform really well in and find something from. However, I don't expect us to win this match.

All of our matches at home this year, except the Round 3 win against the Raiders have been questionable.

This club has certainly jumped too far ahead and got too big for themselves. Peel this right back - stuff the Wah's, the bars and anything else that makes the club puff its chest. Go back to being Warriors,
earn your keep and justify your position whatever it is at the time.

it doesn't matter what anyone says, but its very clear that the hype has gotten to this club and its expecting the many positives to get them out of it.

Question is, will we see the next group of home games after the bye sold out? I'm not sure the supporters will want to handover the money so easily.

C'mon team, lets find the formula that is going to work for the remainder of the season and get back to effort on effort no matter the situation.

I don't know if AFB leaving is the catalyst for all of this. For the first 5-6 rounds of the season he was our best player. And yes there has been the team song instance but it cant be solely laid on this for a team performing the way it has.

It took injuries and forced selections to show the way forward and what was wrong with the team. And now we have reverted back.
It’s easy for a player like AFB to put out decent stats that paint a rosy picture, but as seen with some of RTS’s stats that are favourable for himself, they don’t translate to the team all the time as his particular position is to be setting others up attack wise. We can sit from our couches and things look ok in team in regards to team harmony, but think the timing of this collapse is interesting being that two of our most professional players in Barnett and Capewell weren’t there. I’m not sure Tohu’s leadership would be able to handle a personality like AFB alone and feel like he would have little respect for SJ? We can speculate all we want, but the only people who truly know are within their walls. Can only hope that there’s honesty amongst the group and the correct changes made if attitudes are missing where they need to be

It’s easy for a player like AFB to put out decent stats that paint a rosy picture, but as seen with some of RTS’s stats that are favourable for himself, they don’t translate to the team all the time as his particular position is to be setting others up attack wise. We can sit from our couches and things look ok in team in regards to team harmony, but think the timing of this collapse is interesting being that two of our most professional players in Barnett and Capewell weren’t there. I’m not sure Tohu’s leadership would be able to handle a personality like AFB alone and feel like he would have little respect for SJ? We can speculate all we want, but the only people who truly know are within their walls. Can only hope that there’s honesty amongst the group and the correct changes made if attitudes are missing where they need to be
yes, the behind closed doors piece is unknown. Just talking in regards to on field performance and certainly for the opening 5 or 6 rounds you could not argue that he wasn't putting in on the field and doing what was required (many agreed that he was our stand out player in that period). If his team mates couldn't put him leaving to the side and get out and do the same then that tells you a lot about where we are at as a resilient club.

I just feel that talk of AFB or whoever being a bad apple is distracting from what potentially are the real issues. (not to say that this isn't or couldnt be part of it)

Last edited:
yes, the behind closed doors piece is unknown. Just talking in regards to on field performance and certainly for the opening 5 or 6 rounds you could not argue that he wasn't putting in on the field and doing what was required (many agreed that he was our stand out player in that period). If his team mates couldn't put him leaving to the side and get out and do the same then that tells you a lot about where we are at as a resilient club.

I just feel that talk of AFB or whoever being a bad apple is distracting from what potentially are the real issues.
I haven’t thought he’s hitting the line with that same vigour that saw him score multiple times close to the line as consistently as last year and feel like he’s been going through the motions for much of the year. Just think it’s very easy for such a player to shine with their own statistics, but not sure it always translates to a team performance

Just my unorganized rant here - You don't lose resilience in a few months and Curran/Sirinon aren't the reason that's gone out this season, so it might be a technical issue, the heart is there, but tactically it's not working and heads start to go down....but then the interesting thing was remember the Dolphins game when Jazz dropped the ball or was stripped in our half, the team went around him and they all looked pumped to defend the line, and they did defend well after, that's the type of positive energy we lacked most of the season, and that seem to have disappeared again

In a really weird way were they playing better when certain leaders were not there? The team had a back against the wall, band of brothers type feel. Why do the presence of certain players cause that to disappear? I don't get it lol

The AFB stuff - as some articles have stated before, it's not an isolated incident, so that's as much as we know, we don't know if it's been resolved or NOT in the last few weeks. It's all speculation but even Warriorholic was basically saying he's phoning it in or not producing to his status...he talks to players so maybe you can get a sense of the mood in the camp by listening to his subconscious tone...

It's probably biased but most people dump on SJ for his robotic plays and now mistackles, some accuse him of throwing his toys out, but there isn't any reported rumors of him being a princess and causing disharmony, which is a good sign and it's just things don't align and work out this year on the field rather than off field....

rant over no time to organize at work lol

I haven’t thought he’s hitting the line with that same vigour that saw him score multiple times close to the line as consistently as last year and feel like he’s been going through the motions for much of the year. Just think it’s very easy for such a player to shine with their own statistics, but not sure it always translates to a team performance

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60uCZkIHDtk

Wonder if anyone want to have PTSD and re-watch what our props were doing sliding out during the defense, that's the take away I got from him he was at the game so can see those things off screen

He was our leading try scorer there for a while this season.... Not sure I can agree that it's easy to essentially pad his stats to look good. Off field stuff I could buy in to, just struggling to see a case with onfield, particularly the opening 5 or 6 rounds

I get the feeling everyone is turning on the team, players such as CNK who show up every week are now being turned on. Crazy!
Ideally there would be a mentality where it’s us against them and it galvanises them. It’s one poor performance in what have been a majority of games we’ve never given up in this year but this was something that just didn’t add up to be so poor

He was our leading try scorer there for a while this season.... Not sure I can agree that it's easy to essentially pad his stats to look good. Off field stuff I could buy in to, just struggling to see a case with onfield, particularly the opening 5 or 6 rounds

I don't know what the stats are but we started losing after 5-6 rounds

Personally I can see his output dropped since the Panthers game, bar the Cowboys try, even if the numbers look ok/good it's still way below his average I think

Back