Pick Your Team Warriors v Broncos - [Round 17, 2024]

I’ve noticed that sour look on his face a lot this year. Doesn’t strike me as a leader at all, and seems to put his teammates down a lot after an error/poor play.
Yeah I’ve noticed some of those old traits re-emerging too. Can recall a game he scored earlier in the season, I saw on here people saying nobody went over and congratulated him. I may be well off the mark, but I think something could be going on surrounding him?

Reactions: CWC
CNK
Tuaupiki
Pompey
MGT
DWZ
CHT
TMM
AFB
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Capewell
Walker

Lussick
Sifakula
Laban
Ale
I like this team. Time for some honest conversations with some of our more senior players.
I don't believe that just because a player has a high paying contract he should play first grade. At the moment we have better options than Johnson and Harris and RTS. And a couple of others.
Wayne Bennett said in an interview ages ago that when players aren't performing sometimes the coach has to protect himself and move them on before they are the cause of the coach being moved on. Something to look at Webby. If these guys aren't performing why protect them?

Yeah I’ve noticed some of those old traits re-emerging too. Can recall a game he scored earlier in the season, I saw on here people saying nobody went over and congratulated him. I may be well off the mark, but I think something could be going on surrounding him?
I recall the dragons game when RTS had the brain explosion after the short drop out and SJ blew up at him. Maybe different cause they’re so close you can maybe let it boil over and not a big deal but still not a good look

Yup Walked over the try line and AFB congratulated him

Something else I was thinking about after someone mentioned Morgan earlier. Stace and Richard Agar are maybe yes men rather than question and be a foil for the head coach.

Maybe Justin wasn't afraid to open his mouth.

Sorry mods, can you move this to the Webster thread ta.
The assistant coaches are something they should look at for next year. Either another experienced head or just replacing someone else for a fresh voice/opinion.

I like this team. Time for some honest conversations with some of our more senior players.
I don't believe that just because a player has a high paying contract he should play first grade. At the moment we have better options than Johnson and Harris and RTS. And a couple of others.
Wayne Bennett said in an interview ages ago that when players aren't performing sometimes the coach has to protect himself and move them on before they are the cause of the coach being moved on. Something to look at Webby. If these guys aren't performing why protect them?
As much as Bennett gets praised for his relationships with players. He is pretty ruthless. Looks after the club and Bennett first.

Some players would take the new to move on better than others. But also a lot would probably appreciate his honesty and knowing where they stand.

Noticed when Egan took a knee straight after Khan scoring that sumthing not right..
Don’t ever want to witness the whole team imploding but it filtered through almost everyone…
Marata u still a BOSS!!!
JFH will hav a huge influence & impact with his commanding presence….Both him & Barney are wots needed now!!!

Hate to say it but boi SOO has really phucked us this season lol….
Actually looking forward to who Webby names from Rd 20 onwards….
Glass half empty at present….

What makes you think he had identified this?
If he identified this before the game then he had an opportunity to fix it.
It was one of the first things he said in the post match presser, and he mentioned the threat of their speed in the media day presser pre-game

It is unfortunately clear that he tried to beat the titans with experience - however the experienced players were completely out enthused starting with the forwards. We barely won any of the contact and looked lethargic in the wrestle.

The game plan was to keep the titans in their corner and win field position, but we lost all the stats where we won last week. Poor completions and poor discipline will lose any game in the NRL, compounded with a team low in confidence and beaten for speed and efffort

It was one of the first things he said in the post match presser, and he mentioned the threat of their speed in the media day presser pre-game

It is unfortunately clear that he tried to beat the titans with experience - however the experienced players were completely out enthused starting with the forwards. We barely won any of the contact and looked lethargic in the wrestle.

The game plan was to keep the titans in their corner and win field position, but we lost all the stats where we won last week. Poor completions and poor discipline will lose any game in the NRL, compounded with a team low in confidence and beaten for speed and efffort
Herein lies the problem, Webster is stupid for thinking that would work.

Very much doubt if there will be too many changes this week unfortunately.. Our current young fellas have come through the old development system. I have a hunch that Webbys reluctant to use them apart from covering injuries and/or suspensions.

Be a couple more years til the first crop come through under the new Cappy/Webby system.

So IMO, Webby and co will try and get Dads Army up to scratch, which creates more questions than answers.
How many more games is that gonna take?
Where do you draw the line if there's no improvement?
When does he concede this years over and setup the young fellas for next season?

So the same game plan as every team in the NRL.

Where did Webster say he tried to beat them with experience or did you just make that up

Very much doubt if there will be too many changes this week unfortunately.. Our current young fellas have come through the old development system. I have a hunch that Webbys reluctant to use them apart from covering injuries and/or suspensions.

Be a couple more years til the first crop come through under the new Cappy/Webby system.

So IMO, Webby and co will try and get Dads Army up to scratch, which creates more questions than answers.
How many more games is that gonna take?
Where do you draw the line if there's no improvement?
When does he concede this years over and setup the young fellas for next season?
Who are all the dads army players you speak of?

The Warriors had 3 players over 30 and the Titans had 2, I would suggest the average age across both teams would be very similar.

Who are all the dads army players you speak of?

The Warriors had 3 players over 30 and the Titans had 2, I would suggest the average age across both teams would be very similar.
Average age of the Titans starting 13 was 25. Our starting 13 average age was 28.23. When you look at the 17 Titans were 25.59 we were 27.35. That is actually significant.

Average age of the Titans starting 13 was 25. Our starting 13 average age was 28.23. When you look at the 17 Titans were 25.59 we were 27.35. That is actually significant.
Not overly fussed about the age gap though it does look like a contributing factor. Biggest concerns are energy, enthusiasm and speed which I had highlighted in the Titans team list thread and hoped that AW was foxing with some of his selections. Its frustrating that he mentioned the titans speed before and after the game and went with possibly the slowest 13 we have had all season and players who have lacked the energy and enthusiasm previously as well.

Interesting times ahead. If SJ is out injured then that's one issue sorted if he goes with a TMM/CHT halves combo. Walker back to 13 for 60 minutes solves another.

Back