General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exciting, and (as Wrighty said) coming around quickly!

I'm heading home (from Sydney) for the Raiders game - first ever Warriors home game in Chch and all - but both me and my family purchased tickets (Christchurch memberships, for both Tigers preseason and Raiders games (so my post is preseason related!)).

We're trying to work out how to approach the two lots of tickets - both around halfway, but one lot is in the North stand and the other in the South stand - is one stand better than the other in any way?
It all depends on the weather. I prefer the south stand as it’s better in middle of winter. Don’t get the southerly winds.
If it’s a day game in winter and it’s sunny then north stand is better.
For a hot February day at 4pm. Depends whether you like sitting in sun(north) or shade(south).
Bring on the new stadium. It’s starting to look impressive already.
Wherever you sit the seats are terrible to sit on. I’m 110kgs, so when sitting with mates it’s very tight.
It’s a great ground to watch footy at. Nice and close. Just a bit uncomfortable and the food is shite. Like most grounds.
I got tickets for myself and 2 mates plus 3 kids and it cost us $110 each family for both games. We also got a $50 warriors voucher each. Which we bought 6 warriors lunchboxes.
Bring on 30 days. Got Foo fighters there next week so hopefully that doesn’t stuff the ground up.

50 Days out!

50 days of grit to go before we meet the Sharks on a Friday night in Penrose.

How are we all feeling?

Been a lot of talk of who's here and who's not.

I just cannot wait for this season. Never have I felt more confident in the whole organisation.

And on the field, it is rare to have both a squad that is experienced and should be top 4 again, but with the salivating intrigue of some Juniors with enormous raps on them.

It all depends on the weather. I prefer the south stand as it’s better in middle of winter. Don’t get the southerly winds.
For a hot February day at 4pm. Depends whether you like sitting in sun(north) or shade(south).
Wherever you sit the seats are terrible to sit on. I’m 110kgs, so when sitting with mates it’s very tight.
It’s a great ground to watch footy at. Nice and close. Just a bit uncomfortable and the food is shite. Like most grounds.
I got tickets for myself and 2 mates plus 3 kids and it cost us $110 each family for both games. We also got a $50 warriors voucher each. Which we bought 6 warriors lunchboxes.
Bring on 30 days. Got Foo fighters there next week so hopefully that doesn’t stuff the ground up.
Thank you - this is helpful.
I've only been to the stadium for local league (after playing), so have never had the real experience. Looking forward to it (more seeing the Warriors at the (traditional) home of rugby league in Christchurch, rather than the stadium - especially because I think it is going to be a tight squeeze for me too, haha).
Yeah, I recently drove past the new stadium when I was back, and it is looking really good. Fingers crossed they do a good job of the food and beverage offerings, and general stadium experience, like they did when they rebuilt Allianz Stadium over here.

Enjoy the Foo Fighters, and bring on Season 2024!

I like the north stand because you're somewhat sheltered from the easterly.

1705544609081.png

Reminds me of a young SJ.
I a few lols on your post reaction there BabylonPink.

Care to elaborate?

Comparisons I can see is mainly a cross code swap that looks promising and will need a lot of retraining like SJ had....being a touch player and not a Rugby League player after all.

Toby has good footwork too, although not the same beast as Johnson who had the best footwork ever seen (No one played like his touch videos....no one....not even Benji or Thurston or Ben Barber etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back