Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I can make up 1M in space by putting Leniu and Willison on the block.

Stuck wondering if it would be better to go with Duncan (or someone else in the 400k area, but with Arrow out likely for the year I prefer him) and one of the middles in the 500-600k range, or spend as much as I can on one guy like Tohu, Tapine or Cam McInnes, and fill the last spot with whoever I can afford (Galvin, Gagai, Wishart or Muhleisen)

Stefano Utoikamanu, WST, MID, 587K (B/E: 42, BYE: 13 26)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 1K
Thomas Flegler, DOL, MID, 536K (B/E: 26, BYE: 3 14 18)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 52K
Terrell May, SYD, MID, 523K (B/E: 20, BYE: 14 19 23)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 65K
Brandon Smith, SYD, HOK/MID, 550K (B/E 33, BYE: 14 19 23)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 38K
Morgan Smithies, CAN, MID, 538K (B/E: 29, BYE: 10 14 19)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 50K
Tohu Harris, WAR, MID, 752K (B/E: 45, BYE: 13 19 27)Lachlan Galvin, WST, HLF, 230K (B/E: 16, BYE: 13 26)Remaining Cap Space: 19K
Joesph Tapine, CAN, MID, 740K (B/E: 51, BYE: 10 14 19)Lachlan Galvin, WST, HLF, 230K (B/E: 16, BYE: 13 26)Remaining Cap Space: 31K
Cameron McInnes, CRO, MID, 695K (B/E: 54, BYE: 5 16 20)Danny Levi, CAN, HOK, 298K (B/E: 14, BYE: 10 14 19)Remaining Cap Space: 8K

If only I had gone this far when picking my team, I might not be in this situation lol

I wouldn't rule out going for Mitch Moses as the big contract guy, then maybe switching Cody Walker, who is in my team, for that mid-range middle in a week or two

I can make up 1M in space by putting Leniu and Willison on the block.

Stuck wondering if it would be better to go with Duncan (or someone else in the 400k area, but with Arrow out likely for the year I prefer him) and one of the middles in the 500-600k range, or spend as much as I can on one guy like Tohu, Tapine or Cam McInnes, and fill the last spot with whoever I can afford (Galvin, Gagai, Wishart or Muhleisen)

Stefano Utoikamanu, WST, MID, 587K (B/E: 42, BYE: 13 26)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 1K
Thomas Flegler, DOL, MID, 536K (B/E: 26, BYE: 3 14 18)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 52K
Terrell May, SYD, MID, 523K (B/E: 20, BYE: 14 19 23)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 65K
Brandon Smith, SYD, HOK/MID, 550K (B/E 33, BYE: 14 19 23)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 38K
Morgan Smithies, CAN, MID, 538K (B/E: 29, BYE: 10 14 19)Tallis Duncan, SOU, MID, 413K (B/E: 29, BYE: 7 13 17)Remaining Cap Space: 50K
Tohu Harris, WAR, MID, 752K (B/E: 45, BYE: 13 19 27)Lachlan Galvin, WST, HLF, 230K (B/E: 16, BYE: 13 26)Remaining Cap Space: 19K
Joesph Tapine, CAN, MID, 740K (B/E: 51, BYE: 10 14 19)Lachlan Galvin, WST, HLF, 230K (B/E: 16, BYE: 13 26)Remaining Cap Space: 31K
Cameron McInnes, CRO, MID, 695K (B/E: 54, BYE: 5 16 20)Danny Levi, CAN, HOK, 298K (B/E: 14, BYE: 10 14 19)Remaining Cap Space: 8K

If only I had gone this far when picking my team, I might not be in this situation lol

I wouldn't rule out going for Mitch Moses as the big contract guy, then maybe switching Cody Walker, who is in my team, for that mid-range middle in a week or two
You should post your team. It’s a lot easier to help recommend players when you can see the whole team.

When choosing players it pretty much always comes down to who is going to make you the most money or is a top tier keeper gun.

Of those players

Duncan is really interesting. I’m giving him a week to se how he goes and what his role is. But buying this week could make sense.
Steph. If you didn’t start with him I wouldn’t buy him round 2. Not a bad option but there is better out there.
Flegler is ok. Scored a try which inflated his score. Means His BE is good this week though.
May looks great. I’m more than likely getting him this week.
Cheese isn’t a bad option. Hooker mod dual is handy and seems more involved than last year.
Smithies went well. Would be a great option if his job security wasn’t shaky.
Tohu. Great option if you think he will get 80mins each week. Not so great if you think he won’t.
Tapine. He’s always an option.
Mcinnes. He’s not a buy this week. His minutes were low and his BE is bad this week. Could come right and you might be able to get him cheaper later on though. I’m more than likely selling him.
Moses is injured and scored badly last week. He’s closer to a sell than a buy. He will be an option later in the season though.

One thing to keep in mind is these are just my opinions. Many people will disagree with some of it. At the end of the day we are all just guessing.

With a $1m to spend and two slots I’d be looking at Duncan and May. But that’s without being able to see your team.

Hope this helps.

You should post your team. It’s a lot easier to help recommend players when you can see the whole team.

When choosing players it pretty much always comes down to who is going to make you the most money or is a top tier keeper gun.

Of those players

Duncan is really interesting. I’m giving him a week to se how he goes and what his role is. But buying this week could make sense.
Steph. If you didn’t start with him I wouldn’t buy him round 2. Not a bad option but there is better out there.
Flegler is ok. Scored a try which inflated his score. Means His BE is good this week though.
May looks great. I’m more than likely getting him this week.
Cheese isn’t a bad option. Hooker mod dual is handy and seems more involved than last year.
Smithies went well. Would be a great option if his job security wasn’t shaky.
Tohu. Great option if you think he will get 80mins each week. Not so great if you think he won’t.
Tapine. He’s always an option.
Mcinnes. He’s not a buy this week. His minutes were low and his BE is bad this week. Could come right and you might be able to get him cheaper later on though. I’m more than likely selling him.
Moses is injured and scored badly last week. He’s closer to a sell than a buy. He will be an option later in the season though.

One thing to keep in mind is these are just my opinions. Many people will disagree with some of it. At the end of the day we are all just guessing.

With a $1m to spend and two slots I’d be looking at Duncan and May. But that’s without being able to see your team.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate; Flegler, May and Tohu were the 3 favs of the bunch for me, probably in that order as well (even with the Dolphins bye next week) but missed the Cowboys v Dolphins game with the UFC on to know any better about how Flegler went

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 2.49.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Cheers mate; Flegler, May and Tohu were the 3 favs of the bunch for me, probably in that order as well (even with the Dolphins bye next week) but missed the Cowboys v Dolphins game with the UFC on to know any better about how Flegler went

View attachment 6155
Having seen your team I’d be trying to figure out a way to get Cleary after the bye.
Maybe something along the lines of bank some cash any maybe go Hopgood to Cleary.

Last edited:

View attachment 6155
Word is Arrow might only be out four weeks. If that’s the case I’d probably avoid Duncan now.

Having seen your team I’d be trying to figure out a way to get Cleary after the bye.
Maybe something along the lines of bank some cash any maybe go Hopgood to Cleary.
Word is Arrow might only be out four weeks. If that’s the case I’d probably avoid Duncan now.

Wound up going for Cody Walker and Xavier Willison into Nathan Cleary and Jacob Gagai last night

Leniu will just have to sit for a week longer, I imagine I will be able to package him up for one of those middles (May I suppose now) another time 🤷‍♂️

Wound up going for Cody Walker and Xavier Willison into Nathan Cleary and Jacob Gagai last night

Leniu will just have to sit for a week longer, I imagine I will be able to package him up for one of those middles (May I suppose now) another time 🤷‍♂️
Pretty decent. I’m not sure of Gagais job security. How much cash will that leave you?
Is consider Galvin as a decent cheapy option this week. He’s risky but could have good upside.

Pretty decent. I’m not sure of Gagais job security. How much cash will that leave you?
Is consider Galvin as a decent cheapy option this week. He’s risky but could have good upside.

4k after those moves- Gagai, Galvin, Wishart and Muhleisen are the only playing guys I can afford

Galvin and Gagai are def the choices of the 4 imo, I just figure Wighton will come in for Kennar, and as long as Gagai doesn't let Munro get a sniff of FG health-wise, he will stay there until Cam Graham returns, while Galvin has Sezer right there

4k after those moves- Gagai, Galvin, Wishart and Muhleisen are the only playing guys I can afford

Galvin and Gagai are def the choices of the 4 imo, I just figure Wighton will come in for Kennar, and as long as Gagai doesn't let Munro get a sniff of FG health-wise, he will stay there until Cam Graham returns, while Galvin has Sezer right there
You're sounding like an old pro now.
Just read that Gagai might be being dropped for Milne. If thats the case be ready to swap him for Galvin. Rabbitohs play the first game so least you will know early.

Last edited:
I had Poasa Faamausili lol. KOed in the first tackle of the game with a head clash
I brought him into my supercoach squad in place of Willison as I was worried I might run out of starting FRFs next week with Flegler sitting out with the Dolphins bye. I've ended up getting -1 point and now he'll be ruled out so I might be forced to make another trade :oops:.

I brought him into my supercoach squad in place of Willison as I was worried I might run out of starting FRFs next week with Flegler sitting out with the Dolphins bye. I've ended up getting -1 point and now he'll be ruled out so I might be forced to make another trade :oops:.

There's always a bit of carnage in the first few rounds haha. I had him as a non playing reserve so I got lucky, but he's sitting as my 18th man so if anyone pulls out I'll likely get his score...

But yeah man, rough showing for you lol