Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, S = Supplementary contract (Formerly, Development), T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 18/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Edward Kosi, Te Maire Martin, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Demitric Vaimauga (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
I would say Titans have spent most of their cash on RCG. Would be a great get for the Dolphins, but they may have too much money invested into their forwards? Broncs can't afford him. Bunnies or Dogs should be all over him.
Sounding a lot like bulldogs. JAC seems like the ideal trade for an early release from dragons for Hunt. Wonder if cowboys could turn their attention from Cobbo to Hunt if he’s keen on a Queensland club? Would be an epic spine with Hunt, Dearden, Robson and Drinkwater

NZWarriors.com
North QLD is like a state of it's own, he has a house in the GC I thought hence the South QLD link.

On the surface, this looks to be a bad decision by the Dragons. But I actually think it's the right call. Hunt has been leading at the Dragons for years with no success, but has always been seen as untouchable. His attitude looks shit considering how he has handle his contract situation for 2 YEARS. He's a good player, but I think he's been over rated for a couple seasons now. He's never appeared to be a true 7 general or leader of men.

The Dragons are right to rip the band aid off now and move on earlier rather than later. Even if it does hurt them next season. You never know, a million dollar man might pop up mid season and the Dragons will be the only team who can get them. They should have made this decision earlier, that might mean they will have to cover some of his bill next season. I assume their relatively decent season this year made it a more difficult decision to make.

For the Warriors, Ronaldo Mulitalo would be a good target for 2026. The Sharks have heavily invested in their pack and halves, can't imagine them having much coin to spare on backs. DWZ will be in his final year at our club in 2025 IMO, a straight replacement would be a great upgrade. I'm confident we can promote within to replace Marcelo for next season.

My off contract wishlist
Ben Hunt (dreamin')
Nikora
Mulitalo
Savage
Trindall
Hazelton
Willison
Leo Thompson
Kai Pearce-Paul
Jonah Pezet

Any 2 of those I'd be pretty stoked with fo be honest
agree with all of those except Hunt, even if we were a chance the likely scenario is a very large contract for 1 year with an option in the second - that's a recipe for more instability in my book - plus, his best halves play is way behind him, he is slowing down and his kicking game was starting to look a little suspect - we shouldn't be in on these retirement deals for fading aussie stars - also was he ever really a 'star'?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Hunt has been leading at the Dragons for years with no success, but has always been seen as untouchable. His attitude looks shit considering how he has handle his contract situation for 2 YEARS. He's a good player, but I think he's been over rated for a couple seasons now. He's never appeared to be a true 7 general or leader of men.

Harsh call imo. He's been very public with the contract dramas but he hasn't kicked stones or dropped his lip.

On the field he's still delivering what you'd want a half back to, this year leading the try assists and all kick meters. If you look at that over the 2 last 2 years combined I'm guessing he'd either be at the top of the list, or one of the top halves for try assists, forced drop outs and kicks.
He has flaws, like every player (2nd worse in errors this year) but I dunno, you gotta take the good with the bad.

I agree that it would be best for both parties if he moved on tho.

Again, not that I think he would come here and as he's getting older he probably won't produce the same results, but if you told me we signed a half who's going to guide us around the park like Hunt has this year, and set up 25 tries and 15 forced drop outs next year, I reckon we'd make the top 4. It's the last piece of the puzzle we need

I wouldn't like seeing my captain and club leader being wishy washy about if he even wants to be at the club, especially publicly. I'm a black and white operator, I would be pissed if he was my captain. It's likely a result of a shit head office issues, but regardless you have to play 100% committed for your team mates and fans.

Promote ”K road” night spots to Hunt ….
Guy luvs a sausage sizzle hard out…FACTS!!!!

Clubs building foundations which players are accountable for progressing as a collective….
Higher honours are coming….
Selective signings are crucial though…..

Sidestep Hunt….nuff said!!!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Promote ”K road” night spots to Hunt ….
Guy luvs a sausage sizzle hard out…FACTS!!!!

Clubs building foundations which players are accountable for progressing as a collective….
Higher honours are coming….
Selective signings are crucial though…..

Sidestep Hunt….nuff said!!!
Night life in Wollongong is probably better than Aucklands 😂

DWZ two year extension. Really like this re-signing. Will be on a greatly reduced deal, (he was coming off 800k), still a fantastic finisher & has found a home in Auckland. Real mana man in our group, and his finishing is up there with the best in the comp.

We’re locking up a lot of off contract nov1 available guys. Off contract November 1:

Bunty
Ale
Ford
Tohu
Kosi
TMM
CNK
Pompey
Tuaupiki
Walker

IMG_6727.jpeg

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So we’re not signing anyone new just investing in resigning?
Its not like he was going anywhere either.

Surely there are some guys in NSW cup or QLD cup that are looking for a chance. The Roosters had both their first choice wingers out this season one game and the two replacements looked better than what we had in first grade!

oh well, I guess that's one wing locked up. And RTS on the other wing at 32 years old.....

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
DWZ two year extension. Really like this re-signing. Will be on a greatly reduced deal, (he was coming off 800k), still a fantastic finisher & has found a home in Auckland. Real mana man in our group, and his finishing is up there with the best in the comp.

We’re locking up a lot of off contract nov1 available guys. Off contract November 1:

Bunty
Ale
Ford
Tohu
Kosi
TMM
CNK
Pompey
Tuaupiki
Walker

View attachment 9848
With Tohu retiring next year I can see us releasing Bunty, Ford and Kosi.

Plus if Walker decides to move to super league then that's 5 players that will need replacing.

If we do resign Walker I can see it being 1 season at a time like we did with Isaac Luke at the back end of his career

Its not like he was going anywhere either.

Surely there are some guys in NSW cup or QLD cup that are looking for a chance. The Roosters had both their first choice wingers out this season one game and the two replacements looked better than what we had in first grade!

oh well, I guess that's one wing locked up. And RTS on the other wing at 32 years old.....
Would rather have a junior promotion than RTS.
Not a winger imo. We must have better options coming through

Back