Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, S = Supplementary contract (Formerly, Development), T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 16/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Edward Kosi, Te Maire Martin, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Demitric Vaimauga (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Ben Hunt turns 35 in March next year is available for offers for the 2026 season.

Maybe Tookey has a point that we can talk SJ into one more year who is 6 months younger. What about if we offer him a cushy year of ten regular season games max. And find the rest out of CHT/TMM/Metcalf
It will be bad from a building combinations perspective but we always seem to be rotating halves anyway.
That's actually how I would like to see the team managed. Think of how ragged Charnze has been this season. How many games would we ideally have had Shaun play and which games and what point of the season? How do we get our best possible team on the field at the right times and how do we use the wider squad to try to win the boring and should be easy but we bananas skin them?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
That's actually how I would like to see the team managed. Think of how ragged Charnze has been this season. How many games would we ideally have had Shaun play and which games and what point of the season? How do we get our best possible team on the field at the right times and how do we use the wider squad to try to win the boring and should be easy but we bananas skin them?

I think that’s how Charnz got injured before the season started this year, full on 2023 NRL, 3 international games then a month of rest then time to pull his hammy. Hope the Kiwis get knocked out early this year and JFH, Charnz etc return less exhausted

No wonder they managed JFH’s minutes to 45-55min per game, this yr, he played 2023 season, 3 playoff games and 3 Pacific games, Webby needs to roll out his players like a top team rotating minutes and not AFB everyone till they bust their nuts

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He's definitely in for it but as many pointed out. There were obvious reasons why Ivan would ship his son off.
Growing up out of the limelight: Refer to my previous comments about the number of times we play the 8PM/6PM Friday game, who's watching those in Australia, if you're not a fan of the Warriors opposition or an NRL Tragic like me who has to watch every game every weekend?
Relative lack of expectations: Yes, he's got Cleary as his surname. Jerome had Ropati as his surname. Didn't seem to turn him into a super-duper player, did it? Maybe Bayley Sironin is a better example but whatever, Jett still has to do the hard metres/training etc as himself. And maybe he prove himself to not really be worthy of being an NRL half like his big bro is, which may end up with some people saying "Not as good as your brother!", but he turns into a brilliant hooker...

Would be so weird to bring back SJ after a month of hype and emotions, ceremonies to farewell him, surely there is a Maloney or someone up and coming wanting opportunities come over for a couple of seasons

I'd be saying to Jonah Pezet if he wants, 700k a year on a 3 year deal and guaranteed starting spot behind a big pack with a crafty dummy half combo. If you want to leave afterwards, take your GF ring with ya and feek off!

• Haha
Reactions: CWC
Any one keen on Kai Pearce-Paul? Will test the market and is currently on $600k, if we're also currently looking at Nikora I'd be considering this guy too actually.
Imagine this tall rangy backrower offloading to Ali who's one on one with his centre.... Only 23 atm too, and being from the UK he'd be used to shit weather so Auckland wouldn't be that bad

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Any one keen on Kai Pearce-Paul? Will test the market and is currently on $600k, if we're also currently looking at Nikora I'd be considering this guy too actually. Only 23 atm too, and being from the UK he'd be used to shit weather so Auckland wouldn't be that bad
Yes! In fact I'd probably take him over Nikora. Still developing, big upside, damaging runner of the ball, exactly what our back row currently lacks and a good complement to Capewah.

Any one keen on Kai Pearce-Paul? Will test the market and is currently on $600k, if we're also currently looking at Nikora I'd be considering this guy too actually.
Imagine this tall rangy backrower offloading to Ali who's one on one with his centre.... Only 23 atm too, and being from the UK he'd be used to shit weather so Auckland wouldn't be that bad
Yep I’d take him over Nikora… SBW vibes at times.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Jerome had Ropati as his surname. Didn't seem to turn him into a super-duper player, did it?
Gee this forum has bloody high expectations of what constitutes a good career. Jerome Ropati won a World Cup playing for his country, and you're using him as an example of a dud!

Same with people acting like Stevenson is a dropkick because he only played for the ABs once.

Talk about a high bloody bar!

Back