• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
On an email to tigers fans welcoming Montoya, but they’ve made a couple of good other good signings. They’ve got Kobe Hetherington heading there and they’ve appointed Neil Henry as an assistant coach. Says they letting Naden go to another team and also Jayden Sullivan. Actually think Sullivan would be a handy pickup. Was signed to tigers for 4 years but it didn’t work out and got Luai heading there now
Are you referring to this: https://weststigersforum.com/threads/signings-suggestions-rumours-discussion.27347/post-2006788

Because that is clearly a joke.

NZWarriors.com
no its not, but plenty thought it was.

I'm saying he is a solid enough player that does a number of good things without being a stand out. Having a revolving door of center partners who struggle to read defence themselves wouldn't be helpful either.

If its a choice between RTS and Montoya then RTS it is. Though I have a nagging fear RTS plays center and we get Kosi again on t he wing.
I would prefer neither. Pasikala is in the 30 next year so give him a crack which gives us another goal kicker. Otherwise recruit a young fast winger if we do not have any good enough in our development system.

I would prefer neither. Pasikala is in the 30 next year so give him a crack which gives us another goal kicker. Otherwise recruit a young fast winger if we do not have any good enough in our development system.
Yup, probably should look at that before letting him go one would think. Pasikala is completely unproven and luring a young fast winger to Penrose who no one in Australia wants will be interesting. Can only assume RTS is filling that spot now. Look, I completely agree about preferring neither of them but I hope there is more of a plan than throwing unproven players in there. If we don't sign someone it's DWZ and... an injury or two away from Kosi in first grade again.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I think Montoya will go. Love the guy, nothing but heart and effort. But he showed signs of slowing this year, and just didn't have the X factor to balance his game out this year. We simply have to fit all of CNK, RTS, DWZ, Ali and Berry in the backline next year, and I think he's the obvious one to make way. Then you have Tuaupiki, Pompey and Pasikala as back ups, we're pretty stacked. Then add Kosi, Kali, Moimoi and Tu.

Guys like Montoya, Bunty, Ford and Tevaga are guys to help bridge the gaps while our youth develops. We missed 2 years of juniors and development because of COVID, hopefully in the next year or 2 we will finally see some of the young forwards stand up.

I hope Bunty stays, but if they back a Zyon Maiu’u to take his 20 minute back up bench spot, then I can't complain.

Yup, probably should look at that before letting him go one would think. Pasikala is completely unproven and luring a young fast winger to Penrose who no one in Australia wants will be interesting. Can only assume RTS is filling that spot now. Look, I completely agree about preferring neither of them but I hope there is more of a plan than throwing unproven players in there. If we don't sign someone it's DWZ and... an injury or two away from Kosi in first grade again.
Plenty of unproven players get played every year in the NRL. Wing can be easier for young players if they are next to an experienced Centre. If it doesn't work out RTS can be the fallback option.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Plenty wanted him dropped. It took about 12 minutes of the Roosters game to see why that wasn't a great idea.

To be fair he needed to be dropped and came back better. Has now looked to have locked in a multi-year deal off the back of a strong finish to the season.

As for the depth and selections to replace him, whole different story.

But can't argue that he wasn't given ample opportunity to find form before he was given a boot up the ass.

Could we end up with a player like Tom Jenkins? Former Panther and looks like he could be related to Webby

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Sounds like we are close to agreement. We have too many average wingers. Need a younger, faster back. RTS may be a placeholder for a year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back