• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Depends who replaces him. If it's Roger, would you rather have Monty or Rog on the left wing? I suppose I'd pick Rog, but we're not gaining a lot except freeing up cap space. Now if you were to tell me we're replacing Montoya with the Fox, I'd do some lines in celebration 🍾
Foxx would join you. Mind you 112% of all NRL players coaches staffers corporates executives and shareholders probably would too.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Tom Hazleton anyone? Looks like he'll be testing the market come November.

Still young enough that if we signed him for 2026 he'd only be 27 so you could give him a 4 year contract. I like that jes a big body and very different to anything we've got coming through.

I know Willison and Thompson are top of everyone's list but he'd be up there for me

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Tom Hazleton anyone? Looks like he'll be testing the market coke November.

Still young enough that if we signed him for 2026 he'd only be 27 so you could give him a 4 year contract. I like that jes a big body and very different to anything we've got coming through.

I know Willison and Thompson are top of everyone's list but he'd be up there for me

Hazleton will be too expensive for us most likely, apparently a few clubs are pretty interested.

Shaun Stevenson answers a question about his future at 8:00.

Doesn't say anything explicitly but imo sounds like something noteworthy is coming for him.

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2LQ0ZJ4DW8pnNcAomzbEq7?si=6HEKVEMqTh2_Boz4ylnS3Q&t=493

That read like: if i'm not included in a all black squad in the next couple of weeks f'u'guys i'm going to the wahs ... from a 2 second google the last test in current round is this weekend so end of year tour squad announced prior to october game in japan

Tom Hazleton anyone? Looks like he'll be testing the market coke November.

Jesus! He needs to go see addo carr for that hookup!

Shaun Stevenson, pretty good union player. I don’t see why we’d (potentially) release Montoya to sign him.

That’ll be one hell of a gamble, with a moderate chance of success IMO. It’ll probably also mean DWZ’s final year will be next year. He only signed a one year extension.

Stevenson is fast but not lights out fast. Got good ball skills. Was fairly injury prone early in his career.
Could work…….. or could be like RTS and block the transition of our juniors. There’ll certainly be pressure to play him. Otherwise why would he sign, may as well get that money in Europe or Japan.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Shaun Stevenson, pretty good union player. I don’t see why we’d (potentially) release Montoya to sign him.

That’ll be one hell of a gamble, with a moderate chance of success IMO. It’ll probably also mean DWZ’s final year will be next year. He only signed a one year extension.

Stevenson is fast but not lights out fast. Got good ball skills. Was fairly injury prone early in his career.
Could work…….. or could be like RTS and block the transition of our juniors. There’ll certainly be pressure to play him. Otherwise why would he sign, may as well get that money in Europe or Japan.
yeah agree - his running style worries me: good in space, sure, but coasts, don't see a lot creativity or aggression - i get the feeling he'd be a bust

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back