• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
"We'd be crazy not to chase Montoya from Warriors so I wouldn't be surprised if he is in discussions "
Quote from an Eels fan from that link. Funny how other fans view our players. Would think a fair few of us would be happy for him to be gone.
I think Montoya is a much maligned player. Very reliable under the high ball and brings the ball back without fear. He's a good finisher too. Puts in the effort at training according to CNK. May be a little slow to turn around and chase but no worse than most wingers up in the line. I think he gives good value for money.

I think Montoya is a much maligned player. Very reliable under the high ball and brings the ball back without fear. He's a good finisher too. Puts in the effort at training according to CNK. May be a little slow to turn around and chase but no worse than most wingers up in the line. I think he gives good value for money.
He's definitely not reliable under the high ball.

Is centre his best position?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Montoya is solid, won't let you down all that often. He does the hard work.

Problem is we've already got a lot of those players. We don't need more 6/10 types who will only ever get you 12th to 6th spot.

Tigers will get a good player and we'll hopefully get more out of whoever replaces him.

Problem is we've already got a lot of those players. We don't need more 6/10 types who will only ever get you 12th to 6th spot.

Tigers will get a good player and we'll hopefully get more out of whoever replaces him.
Depends who replaces him. If it's Roger, would you rather have Monty or Rog on the left wing? I suppose I'd pick Rog, but we're not gaining a lot except freeing up cap space. Now if you were to tell me we're replacing Montoya with the Fox, I'd do some lines in celebration 🍾

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Plenty wanted him dropped. It took about 12 minutes of the Roosters game to see why that wasn't a great idea.

He’s definitely a slight upgrade on their current wingers. Should slot into a starting role there with no trouble.

On an email to tigers fans welcoming Montoya, but they’ve made a couple of good other good signings. They’ve got Kobe Hetherington heading there and they’ve appointed Neil Henry as an assistant coach. Says they letting Naden go to another team and also Jayden Sullivan. Actually think Sullivan would be a handy pickup. Was signed to tigers for 4 years but it didn’t work out and got Luai heading there now

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Saying he is an upgrade on Kosi really isn't much of a complement.
no its not, but plenty thought Kosi was a better option.

I'm saying he is a solid enough player that does a number of good things without being a stand out. Having a revolving door of center partners who struggle to read defence themselves wouldn't be helpful either.

If its a choice between RTS and Montoya then RTS it is. Though I have a nagging fear RTS plays center and we get Kosi again on the wing.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back