• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
His stats are pretty sharp. 16 games, 5 tries, 16 try assists, 14 line break assists, 86% tackle efficiency. The team looked at their best with him at halfback I thought

And his stats get even better when you look at his 8 games as the lead playmaker at half back. While its a small sample size I think his try assists per game (1.8) is the most out of any player in the NRL in the last 3 years or so. Add in his tries (0.4) and forced drop outs (0.6) and that's the makings of a top tier half.

Add in a better defensive structure across the team and a more dangerous 6 in LM next year, I think scoring points won't be an issue for us.

NZWarriors.com
His stats are pretty sharp. 16 games, 5 tries, 16 try assists, 14 line break assists, 86% tackle efficiency. The team looked at their best with him at halfback I thought
When you isolate his attacking stats at Halfback they look even better with 3 tries & 14 try assists. Defensively his game by game tackle efficiency went 80, 71, 88, 75, 87, 82, 84 & 76% at Halfback. Someone could dissect it further than my approach but 80% is the average out of those so it could be said he's a better attacker in the #7 but poorer defensively (worth noting he defends on the left as a #6 & right-side as the #7). 1 error in his 8 games at #6 & 5 errors as the #7 is another stat from this season for him

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
And his stats get even better when you look at his 8 games as the lead playmaker at half back. While its a small sample size I think his try assists per game (1.8) is the most out of any player in the NRL in the last 3 years or so. Add in his tries (0.4) and forced drop outs (0.6) and that's the makings of a top tier half.

Add in a better defensive structure across the team and a more dangerous 6 in LM next year, I think scoring points won't be an issue for us.
Absolutely.
Is TMM ever gonna be Thurston? Obviously not, he is a good player though.
But will he actually stay at the Warriors? Yeah I think he will.

Which was really my main point. Do people think if Metcalf gets really good that the Roosters, Storm, Penrith or just a NSW club in general don’t come knocking. I think there’s a good chance he’ll leave. And it’s not even 50/50 lol.

And if he turns out to be average on a consistent basis. See you later…….

Absolutely.
Is TMM ever gonna be Thurston? Obviously not, he is a good player though.
But will he actually stay at the Warriors? Yeah I think he will.

Which was really my main point. Do people think if Metcalf gets really good that the Roosters, Storm, Penrith or just a NSW club in general don’t come knocking. I think there’s a good chance he’ll leave. And it’s not even 50/50 lol.

And if he turns out to be average on a consistent basis. See you later…….
I tend to agree, it's a tough one because the club have stayed solid with LM through the injurys, giving him a shot at 1st grade when sharks wouldn't. If he was still there he'd be stuck behind Hynes, Trindall & Atkinson.
He's contracted for 2 more years I think enough time to mold guys like Caleb Laiman, Jett Cleary, Luke Hanson

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
TMM lead the Cowboy’s to a Grand Final. But the Cowboy’s wanted to continue with Thurston and he struggled as much as Johnson did
TMM joined a team that had a record of 9W-6L. His record was 7W-5L with them that season. He did score 6 tries but with just 1 Try Assist & 4 Forced Drop Outs it's a stretch to say he led them considering their #7, Michael Morgan, was the Dally M Halfback of the Year

Te Marie had shitters after the 3 game streak, for example with SJ at 6, they were 14:0 up and had a chance to beat the minor premiers with 20min to go, a 6:66 drubbing to Titans

Without SJ, a golden point loss to Dogs where we should have won with the penalty or CHT kicking his field goals, a 2-point loss to Raiders where CHT missed ALL his goals and we scored more tries, win against Tigers, and a high scoring golden point loss to Dolphins when CHT missed his field goals

His record without SJ was 4:3 and could have been 7:0 if someone in the team can kick goals or field goals, which is fixable

Tend to agree. The “ Abolsute shitters” came against both the Bulldogs and Raiders where they lost both away games by 1 and 2 points respectively. A bit harsh I think. Let’s not forget he played half for 3 wins in a row against good opponents, then moved to stand off against Storm and Titans where we got spanked. Metcalf hasn’t played any reserve or first grade at half back. The guy is in his mid twenties now and is injury prone AF! Like what Metcalf brings to the team but you’d be crazy to give him the reins at Seven going into a new season. TMM deserves first crack.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Tend to agree. The “ Abolsute shitters” came against both the Bulldogs and Raiders where they lost both away games by 1 and 2 points respectively. A bit harsh I think. Let’s not forget he played half for 3 wins in a row against good opponents, then moved to stand off against Storm and Titans where we got spanked. Metcalf hasn’t played any reserve or first grade at half back. The guy is in his mid twenties now and is injury prone AF! Like what Metcalf brings to the team but you’d be crazy to give him the reins at Seven going into a new season. TMM deserves first crack.
And remember that bulldogs game we lost 3 outside backs in game. Possibly lost someone in that raiders one too that caused a reshuffle?

“We’ve recruited some really good players, and some young kids that have had a bit of taste of NRL footy, we need them to step up next year.” Interesting comment from Stacey Jones today. It makes me think there could be an announcement or two to come, as JFH is the only signing of note for next year??

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
When you consider our current first grade halves, being TMM, Metcalf and CHT, is there a thought that Jett Cleary is going be rising up fairly quickly? Like within a season? He’s 19 now, could the club be thinking they want to put SJ with him in a mentoring role? He and Hansen perhaps? Anyone that’s watched Cleary, do they think he’s got it in him to rise quickly and take the reins for 2026?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back