• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I think we have a playing card on Dylan Brown.
We are in better shape than the Eels are. Somehow we really have to make a case that we are bound for the playoffs in 2025 and that 2024 was not indicative of how good we are. I think if I were recruitment person I would throw overs at Brown to het him here.
Staring into my crystal ball halves are only going to get more scarce once we expand to 18 teams.
If we got him I’d put him at Fullback

If TMM gets another 15 plus games next year, and you’d have to assume he will at this stage. I’d be pretty happy to go hard for Dylan Brown for 2026.
That’ll be a pretty good halves combo, TMM will only be 30 by then as well, so hopefully a few seasons with a fairly good Halves combo.
I kinda hope this happens because I don’t think Metcalf will stick around if he gets seriously good. And if he doesn’t then no harm no foul, later bro.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
From this article on Brown's ACL which requires rest and not surgery

Ethan Sanders is set to join Canberra, Blaize Talagi is hopeful to wear the No.6 alongside Nathan Cleary at Penrith, while Daejarn Asi does not have a contract and has attracted interest from Super League clubs.

The article also hints Brown is not likely to leave the Eels soon as there is hope Jason Ryles will turn the Eels around

"

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The modern spine according to some includes Lock.
Our modern spine game one 2024
Fullback CNK - Did not fire through no fault of Webster and ideally we will have a replacement in 2025
Standoff Metcalf - Got injured will be back for 2025 possibly as halfback
Halfback SJ- Did not fire through no fault of Webster and has now retired
Hooker Egan - Did ok - not great but passing mark. Will be back for 2025
Lock Harris -Did not fire through no fault of Webster and ideally will be a bench role and we will have a replacement in 2025

That sums up the story of 2024. Need to recruit a half to replace SJ and reinvigorate/find new positions for the rest,

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If TMM gets another 15 plus games next year, and you’d have to assume he will at this stage. I’d be pretty happy to go hard for Dylan Brown for 2026.
That’ll be a pretty good halves combo, TMM will only be 30 by then as well, so hopefully a few seasons with a fairly good Halves combo.
I kinda hope this happens because I don’t think Metcalf will stick around if he gets seriously good. And if he doesn’t then no harm no foul, later bro.
Everyone is remembering the two or three really good games TMM had around magic round and not the shitters he had after that. Absolute shitters. Metcalfe will be the seven.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back